DocJ First Time Grow CropKing Autoflowers

Most people will not really chime in at first unless they see something wrong. I just like to welcome people, and give them encouragement.

You are doing great, not much to change as I see it.

:thumb:

Ok we have similar LED’s ;)

I keep mine about 35 inches away from seedlings and about 20 inches away from the plants in “real” veg, if that helps

Interesting, 20 inches won’t work because the temps. I have 2 1200w lights and with the exhaust on full blast it stays at 88F

With them raised I’m keeping the temp around 75F

Interesting, 20 inches won’t work because the temps. I have 2 1200w lights and with the exhaust on full blast it stays at 88F

With them raised I’m keeping the temp around 75F

Oh yes do what works in your space;)

Subbed up.

Ever read the first page of someone's journal then not notice there are more pages so you make a reply that no longer makes sense? I just did that so i've had to edit my post. Will read the rest of your journal when i get back from shoveling snow.

Same, I’m trying autos for the first time in this grow, they are Day 34 and still alive!

Happy growing

I'll be over and check out your Autos. I'm sure they are perfect. Just want to know what recipe your going to use them on.
:nomo:

Looks like you are off to a great start. I like how you have been watering in a circle around your plants to draw the roots out. As you've now noticed gnats are pretty much unavoidable in soil grows, but one tip i can give that helps is that when you water your seedlings use your finger to make a little trench around the plant at whatever distance from the plants you want, then slowly water in the trench being careful not to overflow it. When the water soaks in to the soil you can fill the trench back in with soil and all the soil on top will be dry. This discourages gnats from laying their eggs since they want wet soil.

Looks like you are off to a great start. I like how you have been watering in a circle around your plants to draw the roots out. As you've now noticed gnats are pretty much unavoidable in soil grows, but one tip i can give that helps is that when you water your seedlings use your finger to make a little trench around the plant at whatever distance from the plants you want, then slowly water in the trench being careful not to overflow it. When the water soaks in to the soil you can fill the trench back in with soil and all the soil on top will be dry. This discourages gnats from laying their eggs since they want wet soil.

Thanks for the tip, I saw that on your journal and copied it. I haven’t been digging the trench and filling it back, just made a trench to keep the water in and not spill out the sides of the fabric pots.

Day 19 Update

Been a couple days so watered the girls with plain water no nutrients. PH’d at 7.0

Only watered a little because the bottom of the smart pots still felt a little moist. Girls looking good

Back
Top Bottom