Doc's Inspired Help Journal Run By Gazoo - Blueberry In DBHB Kit

As promised I want to show/document everything that is happening with this grow
so here is the 1 gal square plastic pots I plan on using once approved :)

I ordered them before doing more research and noticed Doc uses a somewhat different
style with the Holes up the lower corners. Don't have time to reorder so did a fast fix
in an attempt to get them more like his.

I Drilled 3 holes up the lower corners and added some more holes in the bottom.
Still have 2 without the added holes if needed

1_gal_1.jpg

As promised I want to show/document everything that is happening with this grow
so here is the 1 gal square plastic pots I plan on using once approved :)

I ordered them before doing more research and noticed Doc uses a somewhat different
style with the Holes up the lower corners. Don't have time to reorder so did a fast fix
in an attempt to get them more like his.

I Drilled 3 holes up the lower corners and added some more holes in the bottom.
Still have 2 without the added holes if needed

1_gal_1.jpg

What size holes did you drill?

Hey Gazoo! I'm gonna follow along. I've had some successful harvests with the kit but there is room for improvement. Need to get a fresh batch of soil cooking and some seeds popped. Thank to you and Doc for doing this Journal! :high-five:

Welcome Buddy

Absolutely the more eyes the better. I expect we can ALL see and learn a few things along the way
How many times do we get a chance to see the Kit Master GUIDE a rookie step by step :)

:thanks:

What size holes did you drill?

3/8 Dia. Just a little smaller than the original holes that are in the raised
foot pads

EDIT:
Trying to replicate these as I think they are the style
Doc uses

EDIT EDIT: Forgot to add a shout-out
to Medmanmike who was kind enough to take the time to post this photo

image19811.jpeg

3/8 Dia. Just a little smaller than the original holes that are in the raised
foot pads

I have the same thing with my pots and will watch and see your progress. I decided before that the water did not drain fast enough, and think there would be more air pulled into the soil if they did.

Too late to modify for this run, but most likely will for future runs.

Thanks Gazoo, love your attention to detail, and sharing of info.

I have the same thing with my pots and will watch and see your progress. I decided before that the water did not drain fast enough, and think there would be more air pulled into the soil if they did.

Too late to modify for this run, but most likely will for future runs.

Thanks Gazoo, love your attention to detail, and sharing of info.

Added a picture above (post #89) of the style I think Doc uses. They
seem to be only sold in larger 25 or more quantities. Will be ordering
them in the future, when they arrive I could send you some I don't need

Mornin Gazoo! This is great study on the small pots. Reading through the last day or so, and seeing docs root pics and then these pots, and your 'pot adaptations', makes me think that this pot design, the speed of drainage and amount of drainage are absolutely key to those roots. One of those things where people may not put much stock in a detail like that, but that is an imperative detail to the outcome. ... I couldn't make that sentence come out quite right, hope it's understandable.

Anyhoo - I'm not a DB kit wielding brixer, I just dream of it, but I learn a lot about growing practices from all the Brix journals and this will help me try out a few things too. Plus DBHBB Brix growers have the best eye candy .

Mornin Gazoo! This is great study on the small pots. Reading through the last day or so, and seeing docs root pics and then these pots, and your 'pot adaptations', makes me think that this pot design, the speed of drainage and amount of drainage are absolutely key to those roots. One of those things where people may not put much stock in a detail like that, but that is an imperative detail to the outcome. ... I couldn't make that sentence come out quite right, hope it's understandable.

Anyhoo - I'm not a DB kit wielding brixer, I just dream of it, but I learn a lot about growing practices from all the Brix journals and this will help me try out a few things too. Plus DBHBB Brix growers have the best eye candy .

Thanks Amy

Yes I think the pots could play a major roll in the root development so
wanted to keep it as close to Doc's as I can. Attention to detail may be the
key, the closer I can copy Doc the better.

BTW Thanks for tagging along. I suspect it wont be long before your assimilated
into the fold
:thumb: :thanks:

Thanks Amy

Yes I think the pots could play a major roll in the root development so
wanted to keep it as close to Doc's as I can. Attention to detail may be the
key, the closer I can copy Doc the better.

BTW Thanks for tagging along. I suspect it wont be long before your assimilated
into the fold
:thumb: :thanks:

I feel fully assimilated! I just can't manage the kit physically or financially at the moment, even tho it's actually super value for money (an understatement of some proportion), just with shipping to me (across the globe) I couldn't manage it. I'm also needing my health to improve a bit more while I study the physicality required for using the kit well. There is too much risk at this stage that I would find myself unable to manage. Therefore, I'm a non using zealot! And personally, I don't need to use the kit to know what an amazing ongoing achievement it is on Doc's part.

I'll just be here with my feet up on the bleachers handing out joints and cheering things along .

I feel fully assimilated! I just can't manage the kit physically or financially at the moment, even tho it's actually super value for money (an understatement of some proportion), just with shipping to me (across the globe) I couldn't manage it. I'm also needing my health to improve a bit more while I study the physicality required for using the kit well. There is too much risk at this stage that I would find myself unable to manage. Therefore, I'm a non using zealot! And personally, I don't need to use the kit to know what an amazing ongoing achievement it is on Doc's part.

I'll just be here with my feet up on the bleachers handing out joints and cheering things along .

Well said, Sending some positive energy your way. You sound like a special person and
I am sure your good karma will turn things around for you soon
:thumb::high-five:

Mornin Gazoo! This is great study on the small pots. Reading through the last day or so, and seeing docs root pics and then these pots, and your ‘pot adaptations’, makes me think that this pot design, the speed of drainage and amount of drainage are absolutely key to those roots. One of those things where people may not put much stock in a detail like that, but that is an imperative detail to the outcome. ... I couldn’t make that sentence come out quite right, hope it’s understandable.

Anyhoo - I’m not a DB kit wielding brixer, I just dream of it, but I learn a lot about growing practices from all the Brix journals and this will help me try out a few things too. Plus DBHBB Brix growers have the best eye candy .

We're supposed to have the best eye-candy in the business. Anything less than that makes me upset.

I think what has happened is the fabric pots and plastic pots work differently, and since I have never used fabric pots, all my methods are based on plastic. Perhaps slightly different tech is needed with the air-pruning pots.....but I don't understand why anyone would feel so attached to fabric, especially when the roots don't seem as healthy.

Plastic pots, whether square or round, grow nice roots. Nice roots=nice flowers. Etc.

Gazoo! You ready to drop seeds tomorrow?

We're supposed to have the best eye-candy in the business. Anything less than that makes me upset.

I think what has happened is the fabric pots and plastic pots work differently, and since I have never used fabric pots, all my methods are based on plastic. Perhaps slightly different tech is needed with the air-pruning pots.....but I don't understand why anyone would feel so attached to fabric, especially when the roots don't seem as healthy.

Plastic pots, whether square or round, grow nice roots. Nice roots=nice flowers. Etc.

Gazoo! You ready to drop seeds tomorrow?

Yup will start the 12hr soak tomorrow morning, probably around 10am and then drop
into 1st run Kit soil at 10pm.

Will be using the 1 gal square plastic pots, felt pin (sharpie) size diameter Hole, 1/4 inch deep
sprinkled with the roots powder and covered

Soil will NOT be packed only placed in 1 gal pot loosely, filled using a Dixie cup a scoop
at a time. Soil will be only damp not soaked, probably still wet enough from the Bin but
I will make that call when filling the Pots.

Pots placed on Clone Heat Mat set on a 1hr ON / 3hr OFF cycle to help keep the temp
up for germination. They will also be placed under my 400w LED panel on 24/7 until I see
a sprout. Once sprouted I will switch to my 400W MH set on an 16hr ON / 8hr OFF cycle

Hurry the hell up and drop that seed would ya.
Doing my best but the schedule needs to be set so everything will be ready when needed

:thumb:what are you waiting for?:scratchinghead::Namaste:
I needed to wait so the Soil will be ready when I up-pot the second plant. I only
had enough for TWO 1 gal plastic pots and ONE 7 Gal plastic pot, Need the soil to
be ready for the SECOND 7 gal pot.

Back
Top Bottom