Doctor Trevor's Blue Dream: Marcia, Jan & Cindy

Doctor Trevor

What strain is it? Blue Dream
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of grow space? 48” x 24” x 60”
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forest
If soil, What size pot? 1 pint (to be transpotted to one gallon Smart pots at a later date, and then to five gallon pots)
Size of light? 1 x 1000W, a 600W for later on
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 75 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? not controlled
How often are you watering? Weekly as needed
Type and strength of nutes used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, following FF schedule, Terpinator (as needed)

On January 31, I began germinating the three seeds, placing them in water in the AM. After about fifteen hours, I removed them from the water and placed them in a damp sheet of paper towel and kept the towel wet without submerging the seeds.

On February 2, Marcia and Jan have sprouted their taproots. I have planted them in pint-sized plastic pots with FF Ocean & Forest soil. They are in the grow tent with a 1000W lamp set for veg. I spray their pots regularly with water to keep things moist. Cindy hasn't shown any activity.

2/4/22 M&J have broken ground; I continue misting them to keep them moist. Cindy shows no sign of life. I started another seed, early afternoon.

Cindy never took off so I started Cindy II. She's broken ground and is probably a week behind her sisters. I'd tell you what happened to Cindy I, but I'm no tattle tale.

Today, a prepared a quart of nute solution consisting 3/4 teaspoon of FF Big Bloom. Each plant took about 2 ounces worth before there was run off.

Marcia started leaning over. While I know it's no big deal this early in the game, I propped her up with toothpicks.

mjc-021022.jpg

Cindy never took off so I started Cindy II. She's broken ground and is probably a week behind her sisters. I'd tell you what happened to Cindy I, but I'm no tattle tale.

Today, a prepared a quart of nute solution consisting 3/4 teaspoon of FF Big Bloom. Each plant took about 2 ounces worth before there was run off.

Marcia started leaning over. While I know it's no big deal this early in the game, I propped her up with toothpicks.

mjc-021022.jpg
Hey Doc hope your having a great day my friend.
Mind if I jump on the bus.:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Today I watered the girls. Each one drank about half a cup of pH-adjusted water before there was run-off.

Brady Bunch trivia: Mike Lookinland, who played Bobby, was actually blonde; they died his hair dark so all the guys looked alive. He was probably only natural on the show....

Feeding day! I mixed a quart nute solution of:
1.5 ts Big Bloom
.5 ts Terpinator
(pH adjusted)

Each of the girls took about half a cup before there was run off.

The girls look nice and healthy. Roots are visible through the pots and growing in nicely.

I noticed a change in the soil in Marcia. The white 'chucks' have started turning green. I've reached out to Fox Farm and was advised it was nothing to be concerned with.

m1-021722.jpg
mjc2-021722.jpg
mjc1-021722.jpg

They look like they are off to a great start. Is the white chunks turning green just a little algae from the lights hitting the wet perlite?
Happy Growing.

The more the merrier, Mel. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I put the girls in their new tent, 4 x 4 x 6.5, yesterday. This is my first time doing three plants at a time.

The girls were watered today, each received about two-thirds of a cup of pH-adjusted water before there was run-off.

Cindy is catching up to her sisters in size (she started a week later that Marcia and Jan).

mjc-022022.jpg

I was planning on feeding the girls tomorrow, but I saw their leaves were beginning to droop. They seemed very light when picking them. I assume that my new light is generating that much more heat for them (the thermometer is agreeing with me).

I mixed a quart of nute solution, consiosting of 1.5 ts of Big Bloom and .5 ts of Terpinator. Adjusted the solution to 6.2 and slowly fed them until there was run off.

I noticed that two of the girls have some brown spots on some of their leaves. I'm not sure if it's a magnesium deficiency of if it's light burns. The new light may be too close; I'll raise it a bit tonight.

Any help would be appreciated in this matter.

m1-022322.jpg
j1-022322.jpg

I was planning on feeding the girls tomorrow, but I saw their leaves were beginning to droop. They seemed very light when picking them. I assume that my new light is generating that much more heat for them (the thermometer is agreeing with me).

I mixed a quart of nute solution, consiosting of 1.5 ts of Big Bloom and .5 ts of Terpinator. Adjusted the solution to 6.2 and slowly fed them until there was run off.

I noticed that two of the girls have some brown spots on some of their leaves. I'm not sure if it's a magnesium deficiency of if it's light burns. The new light may be too close; I'll raise it a bit tonight.

Any help would be appreciated in this matter.

m1-022322.jpg
j1-022322.jpg
Hey Doc hope you are well my friend.
Don't think it's light burn on the lower leaves.
I think your first diagnosis is correct. :thumb:
Foliar spray with Epsom salts will help.

Stay safe
Bill

I was away for the weekend and asked my wife to give the girls a little water (with Cal Mag). The three seem to go dry pretty quickly now. When I got home tonight, I saw that they were dry again. I mixed up a quart of nute solution, consisting of:

.25 ts Terpinator;
1.5 ts of Big Bloom;
.5 ts of Grow Big;
.125 ts of Sensi Cal Mag Xtra.
MJC-022722.jpg

Their roots are coming in nicely (see photo). On Tuesday, I'll see about transpotting the three into one gallon pots.

Today was transpotting day! The girls were giving water/nute solution every other day and they were still very dry. I moved each of them into one gallon cloth pot, filled with Foxfarm Ocean Forest. as I usually do, I fill the pots halfway and add some water (pH 6.2). I add more soil and then the plant. Top off with more soil and more water.

The roots had grown in nicely. The following photos are from Cindy, the smallest plant. I didn't take photos of the other two.

c1-030122.jpg
c2-030122.jpg

The girls were looking a bit hungry and thirsty. I try to put enough water in the soil prior to transpotting, but it's never enough.

Made a gallon of nute solution, consisting of:
2 tb. Big Bloom;
2 ts. of Grow Big;
2 ts. of Terpinator;
.25 ts. of Sensi Cal Mag Xtra.

I'll probably trim them next watering day (about Monday).
c1-030422.jpg
j1-030422.jpg
m1-030422.jpg

I've noticed that Jan's leaves are curling inward. One site I visited suggested she was overwatered.

Any opinions? This is my first time growing this strain (Blue Dream).

j2-030422.jpg
j3-030422.jpg

I've noticed that Jan's leaves are curling inward. One site I visited suggested she was overwatered.

Any opinions? This is my first time growing this strain (Blue Dream).

j2-030422.jpg
j3-030422.jpg
Good morning Doc , hope everything is going well for you.
If I had to guess I'd say slightly overwatered.
Are you letting it dry right to the bottom before rewatering again.
She the only problem girl?
If so its probably not a temp or rh issue.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom