Doctor Urges Post Office Cannabis Sales

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
NIMBIN, Australia: The director of the alcohol and drug service at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney says cannabis should be taxed and sold legally through post offices around the country.

Dr Alex Wodak, who presented his model at the weekend's Mardi Grass festival in Nimbin, on the New South Wales north coast, says cannabis should never have been made illegal.

He says the cannabis industry is twice the size of the national wine industry and is controlled by criminals and corrupt police.

Dr Wodak says there is a simple solution.

"What's so good about criminals and corrupt police that you'd want them to have a virtual monopoly of cannabis distribution," he said.

"It would be taxed like alcohol and tobacco are taxed, you'd have producers who'd be licensed, and distributors would be licensed.

"I've recommended before that the best distribution system would be through Australia Post."

Source: ABC.net.au

I support this 100% I heard Dr Wodak talk about this at the Mardi Grass, and while his ideas may seem novel, it is a step in the right direction, having an uncorruptable outletting retailer, such as Australia Post. This would clearly take Cannabis marketing out of the hands of organised crime, and provide a widely based distribution network throughout the country..

Back
Top Bottom