Does 10/14 for the last 2 weeks work

GreenGrowth

G'day all, I'm growing an amnesia haze under led. Trichomes are going cloudy and she is in her 8th week of flowering. I'm slowly reducing the nutes to just plain water to flush (over next 2 weeks), during this time I'm thinking about reducing the light cycle.

Does reducing to 10 on 14 off cycle help with resin maturation?

I'm happy with the yield, and I'm more interested in maturing the flowers while I lightly flush her for the last two weeks. I grow by dates on a calendar and her time is nearly up

It may speed up the timing but potency is more genetics

Timing is what I'm after, I'm happy with the yield and quality (tried a little bit last night). Her time is running out as it's time to get another one growing.

I'm seeing some people here drive a screw through the stem to split it, and giving 72 hours of dark before harvest. Trying it on a White Widow starting today. I do cut back to 11 hours of light in late bloom.

Yeah the old split stem method, that just full stresses her out and does work to aid with maturation.

Excellent, do you put a screw in the trunk or jam a knife into stalk, how long before harvest?
Oh crap I see the other posts now!

I will start harvesting around the 3rd week of August, starting to flush (1/2 strength nutes with a few like 'roots' omitted) now. Changed the light to 10 on 14 off.

Thanks to this post I will split the stem in a few days, a technique that I have seen produce great results.

Back
Top Bottom