Does any 1 else get high before work?

Re: Does any 1 else get high before work ?

Tried smoking at noontime a during the last few weeks I was working. The work was legal/administrative. It was not a smart idea. Not only did I make a few mistakes (which I did'nt get caught for) but I felt guilty for biting the hand that fed me. Probably would be best to be responsible first and smoke later.

Tried smoking at noontime a during the last few weeks I was working. The work was legal/administrative. It was not a smart idea. Not only did I make a few mistakes (which I did'nt get caught for) but I felt guilty for biting the hand that fed me. Probably would be best to be responsible first and smoke later.

Well said. I really can't advocate going to work stoned. There may be some jobs where it's acceptable, but it's safer to just say don't do it. Employers don't like their employees to come to work stoned (most of the time), and when people do it anyways, thats something that leads to a negative opinion of potheads in general. Save your fun for later. Isn't it kind of a waste to get high at work anyways? I'd rather save my weed for when I can kick back, relax, and enjoy myself. Not when I gotta do work.

That said, in the past I haven gotten high at work. I worked a full service gas station for a bit. Worked by myself in a vacant building with maybe half a dozen customers per hour. I had to get stoned just to not bore myself to death.

When I did telemarketing I tried it once or twice, and decided it was not a good idea. I had a bitch of a time pronouncing people's names. I'd fuckin' stutter over "Louis", let alone "Jagannatha". :laughtwo:

It's risky too. If something should happen and you should get hurt, employer will, almost surely, call for a drug test. When it comes up positive, not only are you busted, and probably fired, but your workers' compensation insurance (which would pay lost wages and medical expenses) will be worthless.

i smoke before work ALL THE TIME but only before my waitressing job. i do this because, i have to go in early and im super cranky in the morning especially if i didnt sleep much. so i smoke enough to get me mildy high so ill be in a better mood. plus by the time we actually open and the boss gets there, im not even high anymore. i dont smoke before i go to work at my other job bc my boss will definately notice she isnt dumb, and i have to slice lunchmeat and im afraid to use the slicer when im high. im perfectly capable to do any job high and im very confident in that, hell i will work harder and better while im high. but im paranoid when im high and im afraid to get cut by the slicer whether im high or straight and id rather be less paranoid by working it when im sober.

ive found that a few morning tokes with coffee helps get my day going pretty good.
since ive been sleeping all night im way too bright and alert anyways so it kinda evens it out lol. and it dissipates faster because of being well rested..

but then ive found if i like.. work through till lunch, and then blaze i just end up getting waaaay to ripped before going back LOL so definetly tend to avoid that.

I use to get high before work sometimes. But it was pretty much just a waste. When i get high i like to be relaxed and just be able to chill out. Its kind of a buzz killer to get high and have to work in a high stress environment.

I think its a very bad idea to get high and go to work. I used to get high all day during work and it would make me very slack.

all the damn time...carpentry

Uhhhhhh. Ok I guess, just don't drink before working. Having all of your fingers helps a lot in life.:smokin:

And I only smoke before work if it's a job I've held for a loooooong time and feel very comfortable in. Like when I worked at an Italian Ice stand during the summer: ALWAYS high.

i can't do it man....i am to obviously high.

i need a job.. pee tests suck

High right before work? Naaa, not for my real job, although it's pretty relaxing (retail sales associate) but it's still customer service so I gotta be alert and able to help and answer the people and not just stand there dazed, hehe.. If I was blazed a) my coworkers would def know (since we smoked together a couple times) and b) I definitly wouldn't be able to remember what product the customer wants me to bring back for him, lol. But then again, I've thought about it, like when it's dead season and it's just mostly maintenance and packing/unpacking/transfering stuff out it would be a possibility but on a regular day, naaa. Even though my shifts usualy start at 10am, I'm not a morning person and I don't dig the wake n bake.. I'll just fall back asleep, hehe.

But for my part time job which is basicaly graffix design freelancing, the higher the better, lol.

yea i like to get baked b4 work....wether it was sales or labour (fixing doors that transports back up to to unload and landscaping) ive been baked lol it just makes the day go by easier....i dont usually try being high at the job till ive been there a little and know my limits
but then ive found if i like.. work through till lunch, and then blaze i just end up getting waaaay to ripped before going back LOL so definetly tend to avoid that.

LMAO definately happened to me a couple of times hahah

I used to smoke all the time at work....i was a delivery driver for FAA supplies. Smokin joints, driving around all day, no one bugging me.....man that job was perfect!

I smoke before work and while I am at work.......I take care of animals at a vet clinic when no one else is there, I have alot of time on my hands because sometimes there are only a few pets ....so what else am I supposed to do but get high on the job!!

I smoke before work and while I am at work.......I take care of animals at a vet clinic when no one else is there, I have alot of time on my hands because sometimes there are only a few pets ....so what else am I supposed to do but get high on the job!!

That sounds like a kickass job. Not only do I love animals, I loooovvvve when I get to work alone. Takes away the awkward coworker-talk...

Sometimes I'll get high before work, but I ususally don't have the time, so I just get high at work. Hell, I got high nearly every day (or night) at my last job too.

Currently, I'm pumping gas for a living, its one of those jobs that high school guidance counselers threaten you with, you know, "Don't smoke pot or you'll get stuck pumping gas for the rest of your life." Turns out, the job's not so bad for minimum wage monkey labor, I get paid to sit on my ass, get stoned, and play Halo. Hell, the only reason I need to get stoned at work (and believe me, I need to) is the customers, this is because I have very little patience for people who need three or more tries to figure out which side of the car thier gas tank is on.

The last job was working for a coal analysis lab, that place sucked, the only good thing about it was that I could get high on the job, unfortunatly that was because I was almost always working alone, even though I was doing the work of three people.

I used to be a projectionist at a movie theater. Getting paid to watch movies and getting stoned ftw.

Back
Top Bottom