Does anybody have a recipe or directions for a neem seed meal foliar spray?

pointer80

Hello all, I am seeing a little chewing damage to my plants and also found a couple little caterpillars hanging out so I wanted to make a foliar spray with some neem seed meal. I also have some neem oil but it is getting about 2 years old. I am assuming this is a good way to fight the chewing insects. Thanks.

Hey Point, I use Neem oil in my inside grow, as well as outside girls... I however don't use the seed meal only, I also use Rosemary ground up fresh.. This is the way I do it, It seems to work well for me... Be aware that Neem is most effective in preventive measures, and is most effective with mites, nematodes, white flies, and etc.. Slugs and other chewing insects are better affected by Spesinoid ............ ( not sure of the spelling don't have to use it but others rave about it....)
... First off I mix my neem in gallon jugs, and I do so a week before I use it... Easy peasy way is to take 1/2 cup fresh rosemary and grind it using rock and stone bowl set up, or food processor etc.. Put equal parts in 3 gallon jugs, then add some of your seed meal as instructed on package.. I usually only use 1 and 1/2 tbsp per gallon.. Fill with hot water .. Here I add a few black tea bags, but I have no good reason to give you except I learned to use tea bags from an old hippy.. LOL..
Let this stuff steep outdoors in direct sunlight as one would do with sun tea, shaking at least once a day to mix well... Then strain in very fine strainer lined with coffee filter...
... I usually get about a five gallon bucket of potent neem oil suitable for most sprayers.. Make sure to include this in your daily routine taking care to spray the bottom and top of the plants and leaves.. I usually do mine indoors at night, outdoors early in the morning... EVERY DAY... Green days hope this helps.. As with all info you get, do your own research, and find out what works for you... Side note: I usually cut my stronger smelling mixes by adding 1/3 fresh water when filling spraying device...

Hey Point, I use Neem oil in my inside grow, as well as outside girls... I however don't use the seed meal only, I also use Rosemary ground up fresh.. This is the way I do it, It seems to work well for me... Be aware that Neem is most effective in preventive measures, and is most effective with mites, nematodes, white flies, and etc.. Slugs and other chewing insects are better affected by Spesinoid ............ ( not sure of the spelling don't have to use it but others rave about it....)
... First off I mix my neem in gallon jugs, and I do so a week before I use it... Easy peasy way is to take 1/2 cup fresh rosemary and grind it using rock and stone bowl set up, or food processor etc.. Put equal parts in 3 gallon jugs, then add some of your seed meal as instructed on package.. I usually only use 1 and 1/2 tbsp per gallon.. Fill with hot water .. Here I add a few black tea bags, but I have no good reason to give you except I learned to use tea bags from an old hippy.. LOL..
Let this stuff steep outdoors in direct sunlight as one would do with sun tea, shaking at least once a day to mix well... Then strain in very fine strainer lined with coffee filter...
... I usually get about a five gallon bucket of potent neem oil suitable for most sprayers.. Make sure to include this in your daily routine taking care to spray the bottom and top of the plants and leaves.. I usually do mine indoors at night, outdoors early in the morning... EVERY DAY... Green days hope this helps.. As with all info you get, do your own research, and find out what works for you... Side note: I usually cut my stronger smelling mixes by adding 1/3 fresh water when filling spraying device...
Thanks for the reply, Some great info you past along.

Back
Top Bottom