Does anybody know how to wire a PC fan and a light bulb together?

perihelion

Howdy!
Does anybody know how to wire a light socket and a 9 - 12 volt PC fan together in such a way that only a single plug is used at the wall outlet? My stealthy grow box uses 4 CFL lights and 2 PC fans (five inch diameter). I've always wanted to wire it all so that there is only one plug at the wall, so as to avoid a clutter of wires on the backside of the box. Right now, I have the two PC fans parallel wired together to one ugly wall wart 9 - 12 volt AC adapter.... and the four light sockets are parallel wired together with another separate plug. Any ideas or suggestions. I'm going for an optimized grow box design, partly for aesthetics, but also for convenience.

:Namaste:

Thanks

Howdy!
Does anybody know how to wire a light socket and a 9 - 12 volt PC fan together in such a way that only a single plug is used at the wall outlet? My stealthy grow box uses 4 CFL lights and 2 PC fans (five inch diameter). I've always wanted to wire it all so that there is only one plug at the wall, so as to avoid a clutter of wires on the backside of the box. Right now, I have the two PC fans parallel wired together to one ugly wall wart 9 - 12 volt AC adapter.... and the four light sockets are parallel wired together with another separate plug. Any ideas or suggestions. I'm going for an optimized grow box design, partly for aesthetics, but also for convenience.

Thanks

Since your lights are 120 volt and your PC fans are 12 volt, you can't wire your lights into your wall wart. You could consider 12v automotive light bulbs and sockets wired into the string, but your wallwart still might not be up to the Amp task. You could also consider a computer power supply, the internal ones from a desktop computer usually deliver at least 200 watts.

Best of Buds

JB

Just buy a cheap ac to dc fan driver and wire it in with some terminal blocks. Same thing we use in our lamps. Or switch to ac fans but they are more pricey.
Budmaster LED UK

Can u hook up multiple computer fans to the same 12 v power sorce

It depends on the total amperage draw of the fans and the capacity of your 12v power source, but most usually yes.

I have a fairly standard 250W computer 12v power supply, and it can easily run a few dozen PC fans.
An "average" 120mm PC fan is draws about 0.15 amps or 1.8 watts.
6 of these fans daisy chained would draw about 1 amp at 12v, or conversely about 10 watts at 12v.

Hope this helps

Best Of Buds

JB

Ok I could power both then.do u think they would work together if u stacked them or do u think they would fight each other

Back
Top Bottom