Does being high improve your fitness?

kevin92

Okay so I was thinking about this the other day, and it made sense in theory, but I don't know if it's actually true.

Lets say you're going for a jog, and as we know, for significant improvement to occur your heart rate needs to be in the target heart rate zone for your age, which is pretty high, and difficult to keep going.

As we know, marijuana increases the heart rate, so would it be easier to improve your fitness level while high as it is easier to get into the target heart rate zone?

Depends. If you get energetic when high, go for it. I can imagine that it would be rather difficult to get the motivation to jog while stoned.

Lately Ive been doing pushups/pullup, when high and not. Ive noticed it working better than it ever had before, and this is the first time I've worked out high...

Unless you have some other physical ailment or disease, I think the increased blood flow can only be beneficial. I used to go jogging as an excuse to get high when I was younger. I really don't like to run...it's just so damn tiring. lol Well after a doobie of sweet sinsemilla or a couple of hits of black afgahani hashish, I've had some of the most enjoyable jogging adventures. The running process can become more creative. Run up that big hill and then do jump turns like skiing down hill. Jump over bushes or railings "on the fly". Stop and enjoy the view of the ocean from the top of a cliff. Personally, I find that Cannabis is incentive. I ride my bike faster and farther, am excited about taking long walks. Since taking up Cannabis again after many years, my health and physical condition has certainly improved.

That's awesome dude. I should start getting baked and exercising more often.
Another benefit of marijuana eh!

Gets me more focused on exercising and I keep thinking about what to do next, I love exercising whilst high.
I wonder what are the drawbacks of smoking something before exerting oneself though

My man! :smokin:

Bud helps me consume more food, typically i have no appetite :popcorn:

Right? typically I have to really "muscle down" the food. I'm a typical ectomorph. I was very scrawny skinny until about 5 years ago when I buckled down and got serious in the gym. Today I am 215lbs at 5'10 with a 32" wiast. A lot of hard work in both the gym and the kitchen to get to my current size and strength. If miss some meals or miss the gym for a week or two I can literally see my self disappearing. cannabis helps me tremendously with the calorie intake. One of the greatest side effects. Just need to be careful where those calories are coming from.

I used to rock climb professionaly, and EVERYONE smoked pot. When you were climbing, and got "ELVIS LEG" your leg shakes from lactiv acid build up, if you smoked pot, it stopped, for me smoking was a way to relax and flow thru the movements on the rock, it makes me a better skiier, and love it while bikng thru the mouintains. it's also great for yoga and meditation, oh yeah and playing tabla. IMO smoking allows your mind the freedom of inner perception therefore to look at movement and fitness as a gateway to "the ultimate outa body experience" .

SELF CONSCIENCE IS A HINDERANCE IN THE EXECUTION OF ALL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY- BRUCE LEEE

what do you do about cotton mouth when hanging off the rocks? One thing I find is if I am physically active after smoking is the worst cotton mouth which really sucks.

I used to rock climb professionaly, and EVERYONE smoked pot. When you were climbing, and got "ELVIS LEG" your leg shakes from lactiv acid build up, if you smoked pot, it stopped, for me smoking was a way to relax and flow thru the movements on the rock, it makes me a better skiier, and love it while bikng thru the mouintains. it's also great for yoga and meditation, oh yeah and playing tabla. IMO smoking allows your mind the freedom of inner perception therefore to look at movement and fitness as a gateway to "the ultimate outa body experience" .

SELF CONSCIENCE IS A HINDERANCE IN THE EXECUTION OF ALL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY- BRUCE LEEE

I like lifting while buzzed a little it makes it less repetative. I always surf,skate or bodyboard stoned..............

wow you guys who can exercise while high are amazing. when im stoned, finding the motivation to work out feels almost impossible. i remember tryin to work out while high one time. i walked half way to the gym and said forget this....ended up going back to my place and watching step-brothers. real productive-like.

what do you do about cotton mouth when hanging off the rocks? One thing I find is if I am physically active after smoking is the worst cotton mouth which really sucks.

well you first have to drink water before climbing, or chew gum, skittles, starburst, hehe, but even if you don't smoke before climbing, your still gona get thirsty!Not alot of aerobic but alot of movement. Most of the time I could finish a route within 15 minutes.Sport climbing is a little faster than trad climbing.

Getting high is my motivation. Like the person who said he would go run and ride bikes to smoke that is pretty much me lol. I award myself after an intense workout with a blunt or a few bowl hits. I never really tryed going to the gym high, but outside exercises and in my own house are always done blazed haha. I have never been in such good shape and I smoke 2-3 blunts a day. It is all about getting yourself up and living the lifestyle. If you smoke and than exercise or vise verse than you just develop that lifestyle. I sleep better, eat better and exercise better.

Back
Top Bottom