Does It Matter What Coal For A Hookah?

I dont really think so. I always used self starting coals I got from the same place i got the tobacco for it. If you use those make sure the coal is fully lit before you start hitting it.

yeah cuz like the place i got the hookah they didnt have any coals so i was wondering if it didnt matter like i could use some coals from like my bbq or what?haha i dont know?

ive done #$@ load of research on hookah and i am a HUGE advocate of it... bluntly so its short

hookah is original tobacco it dosent hurt ur lungs AT ALL... ( if u do it right )
the #1 thing in hookah that hurts you is the coal... ( carbon dioxide poisening) so how do we minimize this?

never use instalites ( unless no other option ) because they are not just coals they have chemicals in them HORRIBLE chemicals, chemical in fireworks. when setting up a hookah use all natural stove light coals, ITS WORTH IT SAVE UR LUNGS. make sure u use tiny holes it minimizes the ash in the hookah itself.
also spend the extra money and buy good hookah the cheaper the hookah the more u kill urself. i am a close friend of the owner of tabacco hut in thousand oaks ca. he has been smoking hookah for over 25 years and his lungs are perfect he smokes expensive hookah ( 2 dollars more then cheap hookah ) , his friend that i met had parts of his lungs removed because of hookah... he smoke cheap hookah for years. oh and also cheap hookah often times hase wood chips in it.

if u do hookah right its almost steaming it not smoking it, it shouldnt hurt at all if it does u are burning it.

THINK of a hookah like a vape its alot less in temp compared to fire.

for more info contact tabaccohut in thousand oaks near LA "658 E Thousand Oaks Blvd THousand Oaks CA 91360" also on myspace : tobacco hut (tobaccohut) on Myspace
his store is the best in all smoking products he is cheaper then anybody else and if not he will match it. i personally have bought vapes water pipes and hookahs from him...
!!!SO yes the coals do matter!!!!!!

Sorry for bumping this ancient thread...I have some experience with this subject...Well a hookah is a type of smoking device that is NOT meant to have weed smoked through it.

People use smoldering cow dung in some parts of the world. This isn’t done as much these days with the increased availability of charcoal even in remote regions. Even if it may be technically safe, which I don’t know if it is, I’m sure it would taint the flavor.

Many companies have tried to sell “electric coals” but so far none have been effective. These are usually metal gadgets that sit on top of the hookah bowl where the coals would go and produce heat using a coil. Sadly, the general consensus is that they do not get hot enough when you need the heat and then sometimes remain too hot and burn the tobacco.

I know that Fantasia (which sells shisha) has an "E-Bowl" attachment that can be used in place of regular shisha+coal on an ordinary hookah, but AFAICT, they're just heating up flavor/nicotine-infused glycerol inside of a cartomizer, so it's just a way of vaping regular e-liquid through a hookah.

Likewise, "e-hookahs" are just e-cigs that are typically longer and come with a button you have to press instead of being activated automatically when you suck on them.

I suppose vaping has slightly more similarities with using a hookah than smoking a cigarette, but I assume you're already aware of vaping, and that's not what you're looking for.
On Youtube, there are many useful guides on this subject, leave one of them here, maybe this is someone to come in handy in the future, Good luck!

Of course, it matters, when it comes to hookah coals there are two types:

Natural coals which can be made of bamboo, lemonwood or coconut shell, and there are quick light coals which are full of sulfur and because of that it burns very fast and those coals are ready for use very quickly.

The best coals for hookah smokers are coconut coals and that's because longer burning time than any other type of material.

Coconut coals burn around one or one and half hour while quick light coals burn for about half an hour or maximum 45 min. the king among coconut coals are Coco Nara every serious smoker will tell you that, while Three Kings are the name which some call the best brand for quick light coals (I never recommend to anyone that type of coals).

Nowadays it is more and more popular e-bowls and e-coals but we're far away from the day when those things will replace good old coconut coals.

Usually, the best smoking experience will come when you place two or three coals on the top of the hookah but that only matters when you smoking shisha, for a weed you can put even one coal and you will get a good smoke. That is only because shisha is juicier then weed and you need more heat to make it burn.

One more important thing is that you need to be careful how you pack the hookah bowl because if you do not pack the bowl properly it can burn your shisha.

Also, it's a matter which hookah bowl do you use (the best is clay) when you do everything properly you are ready for the good smoking experience.

Back
Top Bottom