Does organic super soil slow plant growth?

Phillybonker

Does organic super soil slow plant growth compared to using synthetic fertilizers?

And does it slow the plant just in it's vegging stage or does to prolong flowering as well?

Does organic super soil slow plant growth compared to using synthetic fertilizers?

And does it slow the plant just in it's vegging stage or does to prolong flowering as well?
Hello @Phillybonker hope you are well.
From what I understand soil is soil and it is slower compared to coco or hydro same thing I know.
I don't think one soil is slower than the other but I don't use either.
And I'm just going by what I have read from others.
But I know a smart gentleman that is good with soils.
@NuttyProfessor do you have a minute to help this member
Thanks
Bill

Most so called super soil is used just packed into the bottom 3rd of a 10 gallon plus fabric pot.
If that is what you're referring to then if you have a nice light airy well aerated soil for the top 2/3rds then growth can be just as fast as pretty much any other way.
The key is oxygen to the roots.

If you just put a dense not well aerated super soil in a small plastic pot and only water it once a week then yeah it will probably be pretty slow growing.

Plus of course there are many other factors that affect growth.
VPD, amount of light, oxygen to the roots, etc.

Hello @Phillybonker hope you are well.
From what I understand soil is soil and it is slower compared to coco or hydro same thing I know.
I don't think one soil is slower than the other but I don't use either.
And I'm just going by what I have read from others.
But I know a smart gentleman that is good with soils.
@NuttyProfessor do you have a minute to help this member
Thanks
Bill
I am with Nunyaabiz on his reply , things just happen slower underground and genetics are the biggest part for good healthy strong plants, along with good super soil and good water source

I used to believe in the myth that a soil grow could not keep up with an average hydro grow, since the hydro plants were always in direct contact with the nutrients that they need. Then I learned how to amend the soil so that it can hold more nutrients and keep them in closer contact with the roots, and since then, my soil grows are running at about the same speed as a hydro grow... it is all about availability of the nutes.

Back
Top Bottom