Does she look thin to you?

Newguy31

Hey guys..

I'm growing another outdoor plant with seeds that my plant last year gave me.. (not on purpose.. Pretty sure it was pollinated by bees from a male close by)

Anyhow.. Just curious...

She is definitely a girl, but last year my plant seemed so much thicker.. More leaves.. Does she look normal to you guys?

Looking at her from above she looks great.. But from the side she seems so thin.. I didn't top her as much as I topped last summers plant. So I figure that has something to do with it.. Anyhow.. Just looking for opinions to make sure I'm not going crazy..

Thanks...

Attachments

• 20200604_072317.jpg
    20200604_072317.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • 20200604_072243.jpg
    20200604_072243.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 152
Your plant looks great. Outdoors they will get bigger. Size/shape is a genetic thing.

Looks like a Sativa leaner so she will get tall and thin leaves. Just give her plenty of support I'd go with some 4' fencing around the pot or large stakes and wire. She could easily get 10' tall there.

Cannabis plants are self pollinators. Bees are not interested in them. They may smell good but bees like nectar, there's no nectar in a cannabis flower.

You may see a stray bee now and then stopping by but not enough to "pollinate" since they would have to also land on a male plant. In the wild the male plants flower sooner that female plants but the female plants get pollinated by wind blown pollen either from another male plant, or the same plant that made male bits because there were no male plants to pollinate her. She can and will make her own male flowers either early on in flowering or late in flowering depending on the environmental conditions. This is more likely to happen with Sativa leaners.

Thanks.. Good to know.. I actually did start to add some support to her before I left for work.. I will finish it when I get home.. She just seemed like wasn't as bushy as last years.. But I haven't topped this one as much and I'm not gonna top her anymore now.. Glad she looks how she's suppose to tho..

I believe it is a sativa dominant strain.. When I bought it, it was called Santa's little helper. I actually ended up with the seeds because there were about 30 seeds in the bag when I bought it so I figured that would be my start to grow..

When I grew the one last season.. I ended up with probably close to 300 seeds.. Which didn't make me happy.. But the weed was ok.. Not great.. But ok.. So now I have a bunch of seeds to mess around with for fun..

I have some feminized white widow seeds and bubblegum seeds on the way..

I'm pretty excited to start those ones up.

Attachments

• 20200603_091903.jpg
    20200603_091903.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 99
I looked that strain up - looks like its form Cru??

Grape Pie x Thin Mint Cookies

Likely the Thin Mints is what caused the seeds. Dont know much about the grape pie part but it should be decent weed. Likely if you bought it from a dispensary they didn't let it finish properly or cure and dry it properly either. You should be able to do a lot better.

You plant looks freaking awesome and it should finish before the fall rains come too!

Grape Pie = Cherry Pie and Grape Stomper, thats an indica leaner. Your plant doesn't look much like an indica leaner. You likely have a lot more (75%) Thin Mints there since Thin Mints is a hybrid and Sativa is the self seed issue. I think Durban is part of Thin Mints which can be a real nice plant. Cookies fam gear.

There's Durban in the Cherry Pie and Grape Stomper is a sativa leaner so you could have yourself a nice plant growing there that will far outdo her parents.

Another question for anyone who's actually looking at this post.. Lol..

I stick my finger in the soil and you can tell that the roots are virtually filling the pot almost.. Is this going to become a problem.. I don't have a bigger pot to put her in.. I literally just switched her to this pot like 2 weeks ago.. But there is plenty of summer left..

Is she gonna have problems as time goes by.. Like I don't know where her roots are gonna go..

I'm not too overly concerned because I have my new seeds in my tent.. But I don't want to be wasting my time with a plant that is destined to die before it flowers..

Thanks all..

Attachments

• 20200607_095001.jpg
    20200607_095001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
She’s a beauty! I would think you would need a bigger pot though. When will she start to flower where you are? Once it starts to stretch the size will increase dramatically.

She’s a beauty! I would think you would need a bigger pot though. When will she start to flower where you are? Once it starts to stretch the size will increase dramatically.

I just put her outside 2 weeks ago when I changed her pot. She was in a 5 gal.. Now she's in a 10 I believe.. I'm in southern Ontario so I'm going to say I have at least 5 more weeks before flowering.. I think....

She’s gonna need a bigger pot IMO, If she’s growing outside why don’t you stick it in the ground? If you don’t have a bigger pot.

That might be my only choice.. How the hell do I get her out of that pot now is the question tho.. Lol.. She's 4ft plus as it is.. Lol

If I were you, I’d either get a large fabric pot or put it in the ground. I’d probably lean towards the fabric pot though.
Check out @WeedyMcWeedWeed’s journal and look at the size of his outdoor bags.

If I were you, I’d either get a large fabric pot or put it in the ground. I’d probably lean towards the fabric pot though.
Check out @WeedyMcWeedWeed’s journal and look at the size of his outdoor bags.

I would agree with this for sure. The fabric pots have worked great for me in the past. I used 15 gallon last year with great success. They air prune the roots so they don’t get pot bound. Just make sure you use something to raise it so it doesn’t sit directly on ground and air circulates under as well as around.
As far as flowering, I’m in eastern Ontario and flowering begins July 24 for me. There is an “hours of daylight” site online....timeanddate.com.. Just put in your location and you will have all you need. They start to stretch/flower with less than 15 hours of light outdoors.

You will be able to grow her out fine in a 10 gallon pot. The pot will actually limit her size so you go bigger pot you will have a bigger plant. So there's that.

She will grow fine no problems in a 10 gal pot. You may have to water her every day when its a sunny stretch like we have been having lately.

Up potting a plant that size, unless you are very comfortable with up potting I wouldn't do it. Its gonna take 2 people either going into a pot or the ground.

I just up potted 10 plants that were 4 feet tall and needed an extra hand.

The way to do it is be sure the soil is moist - that helps the soil stay together in the root ball for the flip from upside down to right side up into the new container. If you soil is dry the root ball can fall apart. It will fall apart if the soil is dry. 10 gal of soil is pretty heavy too.

Turn plant upside down - 2nd person pulls off the old pot. You put the plant in the new larger container holding the plant - 1 hand on root ball the other on the stalk right above the root ball.

It's very difficult the larger the plant.

I suggest leaving it in the pot you have.

She's growing so fast.. Pushing 6 feet now and I still haven't received my 30 gallon fabric pot.. Better show up soon.. I'm dreading trying to pick her up out of that pot though.. Lol

Attachments

• 20200616_145327.jpg
    20200616_145327.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom