420 Magazine Background

Does Size Matter?

DankBuds

Dose the size of leaves and stem matter when it comes to yeild? Big leaves bigger yeild, small leaves smaller yeild, you know.
The reson I ask is because my clones dont have as big as leaves or stem as the mom, there healthy plants under the same conditions,
they just dont have that big of leaves or stems, so do you think they would yeild less also? Thanks :allgood:

DankBuds :rasta:

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior
Re: Dose Size Matter, No Homoe.

Yes it does. The more leaves and a larger stem make a bigger 'factory' to produce and transport nutrients. This is assuming all other factors are equal, such as available ferts, light, and nutrients.
Yield is also genetic.

Last edited:

DankBuds

Thanks Mr. Moose, but whats sumthing you can do to promote bigger leave growth,
besides good nutrients, good Light, and good air? Thanks :allgood:

DankBuds

Its WW from Nirvana, not all that good, im only on my 1st grow, im assuming its a better yeild then bag beans though. The only thing im stumped over is the mom had nice big hand size leaves and thick, stout stem while there half that. Peace Thanks :allgood:

Urdedpal

The hard part is keeping the leaves you make DankBuds. Once you flower the plant leaf production and all other plant growth boost into high gear for about two weeks. Us growers refer to this as the stretch. After that initial stretch period the plant goes into full bud and/or seed production. After this leaf growth is minimal cause it takes so much of the plants power to produce bud. So now we try to keep as many leaves going as we can to produce more power to bud. But soon you have leaves yellowing and dieing and the less leaves the plant has, the less power the plant has to produce bud.

DankBuds

I seen, forgot all about it, what was it 3 or 4 colas, yes iv been though your jurnol more then a few times, I think I might need some of that tea. My mom looks good, very indica looking I hoping for sum good bud. and thanks for the good onfo urdepal ill definatley keep my mind on it. Peace :allgood:

Top Bottom