Does smoking weed causes cancer any at all?

Da Great 1

Me and a few non smokers are having a fight about this somebody please let me know

I guess if you constantly smoke blunts or joints the carcinogens from the burning paper could cause cancer in the longrun but just MJ alone I doubt it. Never heard of a case before and if there was its extremely rare.

Nowadays, they say everything causes cancer from cell phones to BBQ. It seems that everyday there is another study that says you can get cancer from something.

Nowadays, they say everything causes cancer from cell phones to BBQ. It seems that everyday there is another study that says you can get cancer from something.

thats is true

I guess if you constantly smoke blunts or joints the carcinogens from the burning paper could cause cancer in the longrun but just MJ alone I doubt it. Never heard of a case before and if there was its extremely rare.

That's right though, the thc itself is not going to give you cancer, but smoking the plant matter might......over time. Even smoking tomato leaves or something is not exactly healthy for your lungs.

I read somewhere that smoking weed wont(for lack of a better word) give you lung cancer, but its more likely to give you throat cancer. I also read that you can reduce the chance of that by smoking out of evaporaters, and even smoking out of water bongs. The water in the bong filters alot of the harmful shit out of the smoke you inhale.

It seems like weed would be more likely to cause asthma or emphysema from smoking smoke in general. I don't believe it causes cancer. I live with a family member who's extended family practices entire body purity through Ayurveda. I had never considered the impact of carcinogens before until I met this lady and her family. Her children had never been vaccinated (needles release mercury), nor had they ever eaten anything inorganic in their lives. They had never been to McDonald's before and ate completely vegan. I have to say, there was actually a noticeable difference though. These people have an incredible amount of energy, and they seem to glow and look healthier by a long stretch. The mother is in her sixties but could pass for thirty-five. ...I don't know what I think about not getting vaccinations, but perhaps the carcinogen-free lifestyle is substanially healthier.

Actually, all the recent studies are showing a reduction in cancer risk. Most of these studies were done by people with an anti-pot bias and they couldn't show any link. The data said 20% reduction in risk overall, but if you just look at cigarette smokers their chance of getting lung cancer was half the non-pot smokers risk.

The study listed in the link above also shows the protective effect, but the authors and the press don't want to talk about that, just that they were surprised it didn't make things worse. They just don't want to admit it might actually be good for you.....

i would have a hard time believing that smoking is good for you. the fact is that carcinogens are released when smoke is made...from anything basically. if that smoke is inhaled, the carcinogen would be in your lungs. carcinogen are known to cause cancer...according to the state of california, though, water is known to cause cancer...

Dr. Koop believes that 50% of the cancers caused by cigarettes are caused by the RADIOACTIVE byproducts uniquie to tobacco as processed in the US. Weed isn't radioactive.

The raw data sure looks pretty conclusive. It says that people who smoke cigarettes and weed have half the risk of cancer then those that smoke cigarettes only. It's been show in multiple studies now, and again the people who fund these studies want to prove weed is harmfull and still they show it isn't.

If you smoke all the time it will irritate your upper resporatory tract but they haven't been able to show that leads to cancer or other serious problems. Using a vaporizor is a great option if the smoke starts to bother you.

i hope you all kno that you dont have to smoke cigarettes or cigars to get lung cancer. cancer is a monster that can start anywhere in your body and spread to anywhere in your body. you can still get lung cancer even if you have never smoked a day in your life. my boyfriends uncle has never ever smoked a cigarette and he just passed away from lung cancer 3 months ago, bless his soul.

no matter what anybody says if you smoke enough weed for a long enough period of time you will eventually develop lung cancer...if you smoked anything for years and years youd get lung cancer...yes tobbacco is more likely to cause lung cancer but weed will do just the same just over a very longer period of time.....and ive read about a woman over 100 who smoked weed every single day since she was little and said it was her secret to long life..although marijuana has never been proven to add years to your lifespan

I have been hearing of so many stories about women and men that have never smoked anything and are ending up with lung/ other cancer so really it is the luck of the draw and dont smoke ciggs.:allgood: :Rasta:

It's the luck of the draw to some degree.... smoking cigs long enough will do it every time though.

(... seems to cause grammar cancer.. he, he, he..)

I remember the UCLA study last year..

Cannabis Facts

But like I said then.. smoking anything cannot be good for you in the long run.

So.. VAPE ON!

From what i think it can but also if you use it right, it cant. i wouldnt smoke out of a little pipe forever, i like to use bubblers bongs n vapes. which decrease your chance of getting it because it filters out most of the harmful things in the smoke. so idk i keep seeing things like "oh weed gives you cancer!" how can they say that when they treat cancer with thc and ive seen vids on how thc oil actually made this guys cancer go away, along with other patients. idk if it's true, but i saw it.

Back
Top Bottom