Does this germinating theory semester valid?

TheFertilizer

A friend of mine works with a PhD botanist producing recreational weed. He was telling me this guy has a technique where you take your seeds from a near freezing state, put them in soil and put saran wrap over the top and the light at a regular schedule. The radiant heat and change atmosphere pressure inside of the cup is supposed to change in such a way to simulate thaw conditions and the seeds sprout much faster.

I haven't given it a try yet, but I might. I don't have clear saran wrap though. I might just try soaking and scoring with emery cloth instead, but I need to give some seeds a helping hand and this sounded plausible.

I soak mine overnight for 14 hours, then place them between paper towels on a styrofoam plate with another plate covering it by 75%. I put this in a dark closet at 80 degrees. It stays there all day and overnight. The next morning 9 out of 10 are ready to plant. By the following morning most have sprouted. So usually I have sprouts in 3 days. I do only grow autos, though.

Back
Top Bottom