Doggett & Simpson Step 1

How much light do you give them from dropping seed to when it sprouts?

If your room is set up with lights just have it on timer even if the seeds have not sprouted yet at least they will be on a schedule as soon as they pop out. For example when I put seed direct in soil I leave it on my balcony , no guess work so all I gotta do is ensure it stays moist. Using spray bottles is safe way to keep soil moist with less chance of "Washing" seeds deeper in to the medium.

Quick story from the first time I used Stage 1---

After about two weeks I was inspecting one of my plants and saw a white 'moldy' substance on the bottom of my planter. I broke out the jewlers loupe and took a closer look....
It was roots! So fluffy and fuzzy white that I literally didnt recognize it as my roots before had all been off white and stringy! I use it on everything I grow now from Peppers to Bud to Marigolds.

Psst-- Ive even used it in 'tea' type form on house plants that dont have it in the soil already. :slide:

Quick story from the first time I used Stage 1---

After about two weeks I was inspecting one of my plants and saw a white 'moldy' substance on the bottom of my planter. I broke out the jewlers loupe and took a closer look....
It was roots! So fluffy and fuzzy white that I literally didnt recognize it as my roots before had all been off white and stringy! I use it on everything I grow now from Peppers to Bud to Marigolds.

Psst-- Ive even used it in 'tea' type form on house plants that dont have it in the soil already. :slide:

I transplanted a auto from a 4'' starter cell yesterday , the plant was 2 weeks old with a hard as a brick root ball , I could not even shave them down when I transplanted! They looked like mold too but smell like roots >< errr if that makes sense. I also use it as a tea and fed some plants with it , anything that stuff touched BLOWS UP!

I have a question for Growology. My step 1 is running out far quicker then either Step 2 or 3 and it looks like I will have to order some more before I even come close to finishing with Steps 2 & 3. Is there a reason why you don't offer more Step 1 in your bundles? More Step 1 in the bundles so that it could last as long as Step 2 & 3 would be ideal.

I have a question for Growology. My step 1 is running out far quicker then either Step 2 or 3 and it looks like I will have to order some more before I even come close to finishing with Steps 2 & 3. Is there a reason why you don't offer more Step 1 in your bundles? More Step 1 in the bundles so that it could last as long as Step 2 & 3 would be ideal.

Hi, CH - There are so many variables in the way people grow and use our products that it's difficult to calibrate it so the "average" user, whatever that is, runs out of all three at the same time. That's the first time we've been asked that question, but if it comes up a lot, it's certainly something we would look into. I'd be very interested in hearing other members' thoughts on this question. If that's something that would help the greatest number of growers, we're all for it. Thanks for bringing it up.
-John

My next indoor grow is going to be in 5 gallons , I iwll be out of #1 in no time lol plus I used it on my moms flowers this year and WOW!
I discover something interesting too.... All the organic grown flowers she purchased side by side with the "name brand" from a non organic green house , the organic flowers are blowing their socks off!

Hey John you were right they came Monday with the mail delivery. Thanks for helping me out and answering my questions. RoseBud has been singing your praises along with a whole bunch of others I've read and have to tell you I'm really excited to get to my 2nd grow using the Growology.

2014-06-17_09_57_59.jpg
:high-five: :cheer: :cheer:

Hey John you were right they came Monday with the mail delivery. Thanks for helping me out and answering my questions. RoseBud has been singing your praises along with a whole bunch of others I've read and have to tell you I'm really excited to get to my 2nd grow using the Growology.

2014-06-17_09_57_59.jpg
:high-five: :cheer: :cheer:

Very glad to hear it, Chin! Any questions, just let me know - you know how to reach me! :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks for your trust and support.
-John

You know I keep forgetting to mention this important fact bout step 1....
It is best to use step one in the forever home , found issues with root balls developing way too fast.... Has caused me a lot of stress issues by holding off transplants :( I gotta remember this cus damn they stretch and bound fast going from pot to pot. I noticed if they are bound the step 2 is keeping the stress down but dang it is tricky!

I'm not sure I quite understand the issue WRB, are you saying not to use Step 1 until you've tranplanted into the final pot? I've not had any issues with using Step 1 right from the start with sprouts, regardless of the number of transplants.
It is not a bad issue lol the roots grow too darn fast n make more work lol In other words this stuff works really really good and so far best results is when I go from germ to final pot. Doin in stages causes stretch way too fast n I wanna be lazy somewhat still lol...

You will see why in a few days when I take pics of the second batch of plants after transplant.... Coincidentally I have several that are bound BAD lmao.... On purpose... 2 are Pink Parvats , hopin they do well.

Back
Top Bottom