Dogwash's Triple Cheese SCROG

Hopefully they bounce back from the transplanting soon. They don’t look too happy at the moment :( their drooping and have some yellowing happening to the lower leaves. Could be mistaken for a deficiency, but if the roots weren’t happy to begin with then that could be the culprit. Definitely keep an eye on that yellowing.

Hopefully they bounce back from the transplanting soon. They don’t look too happy at the moment :( their drooping and have some yellowing happening to the lower leaves. Could be mistaken for a deficiency, but if the roots weren’t happy to begin with then that could be the culprit. Definitely keep an eye on that yellowing.

They're totally fine bro

I've noticed lower leaves will tend to discolour when the plant grows fast - I've been quite on top with the feed, and have pushed it to 0.8 EC last week

This is just the plant moving mobile nutes about from early growth

There's a lot of new growth and this is coming through a good colour, not deficient or over fed

The roots were looking good, nice & white, no worries

I've repotted them into Coco 60/40 that has an organic booster added, so there will be no need to increase feed strength this week :)

Also this strain which I'm fairly new to seems to make thinner leaves with more pointy almost drooped tips, I think that's to do with the genetics

Here's a few shots of the seedlings

They're coming along well - keeping nicely short & wide - I've got em up close to the strips and they're growing fast so keep tilting towards the light so I keep turning them 180° daily so they balance up

One was starting to lean so I've put a copper wire support in place to help it grow straight

It's probably about six days after these girls were topped

They are already showing two small main stems where there was previously one

Also the side shoots have stretched a decent amount

When there's four main ish stems again in a few weeks I'll top em again

I'm quite perplexed why one of the two bigger plants looks different to the others

I've popped this strain once before (a couple months ago, those plants are somewhere else now) and they all looked like the plant on the left, with quite thin leaves - the one on the right, while it was from the same sealed packet of seeds seems like it's not got the same leaf growth as the others

Trying to keep the picture updates fairly regular, here's a few for this week

If you look closely you can see I've been pressing down the double top stems, to encourage them to grow wide rather than up

Just a little pressure & spread every day or so once they get long enough is all that's needed, taking care not to snap the stem off, which I've done in the past

Talk about gutted!

EC wise, the smaller ones are at 0.6 and the bigger ones are at 0.8 now

Have you ever tied those branches down? Does the work for you!:thumb:

Your plants are looking good. I’ll go back to sitting quietly again:popcorn:

Have you ever tied those branches down? Does the work for you!:thumb:

6245A7F1-F667-46A4-8D1B-EADD13873363.jpeg

Your plants are looking good. I’ll go back to sitting quietly again:popcorn:

Hey mate thanks for the interaction :)

When I first grew I drilled about 16 holes all the way round the rim of the large pot

When I potted them into their big tub I used wire to hold the stems down and train them wide, very similar to how you've done your in the pic - which are looking very healthy and happy btw :)

I'd leave the wires on, adding more whenever a stem was long enuff to tie down, until a few weeks after flip, when I would cast an elastic SCROG net with four hooks, one on each corner, to support and train further, and take off the wires

I take a different approach now to low stress training - after gently encouraging the new growth to bend, I've got these little plastic "C" things I've yet to use on these babies which are designed to slot over a stem and bend it down low - one plant's top growth is long enuff for em but the other isn't yet - hopefully in a few days I'll be able to pop em on

Once I put em into the main tent I break out my homemade SCROG frame, as soon as I put em in, which I use to train em to fill the space low

Hey mate thanks for the interaction :)

When I first grew I drilled about 16 holes all the way round the rim of the large pot

When I potted them into their big tub I used wire to hold the stems down and train them wide, very similar to how you've done your in the pic - which are looking very healthy and happy btw :)

I'd leave the wires on, adding more whenever a stem was long enuff to tie down, until a few weeks after flip, when I would cast an elastic SCROG net with four hooks, one on each corner, to support and train further, and take off the wires

I take a different approach now to low stress training - after gently encouraging the new growth to bend, I've got these little plastic "C" things I've yet to use on these babies which are designed to slot over a stem and bend it down low - one plant's top growth is long enuff for em but the other isn't yet - hopefully in a few days I'll be able to pop em on

Once I put em into the main tent I break out my homemade SCROG frame, as soon as I put em in, which I use to train em to fill the space low

That absolutely makes sense!! :high-five:

And that is a really old picture of my Dark Angel, this is what she looks like now.

That was taken a couple days ago

That absolutely makes sense!! :high-five:

And that is a really old picture of my Dark Angel, this is what she looks like now.

That was taken a couple days ago
Beautiful mate

Have you considered using a SCROG frame to train the plant wide & low beyond what wires can do?

That was the trouble with just using wires - once the plant gets bigger than the pot width it's tricky to keep in shape

Beautiful mate

Have you considered using a SCROG frame to train the plant wide & low beyond what wires can do?

That was the trouble with just using wires - once the plant gets bigger than the pot width it's tricky to keep in shape

I’ve never actually grown with a scrog, I was going to, but my grow surface is only 768 square inches, (32” wide 24” deep) so I just trained my two plants to utilize almost every square inch of that surface area. Growing in a Scrog limits the Access of freely moving my plants in and out, and that’s what I dig the most. Being able to remove my girls and interact with them in normal light (rather then under my led light). Also being able to get good photos of them as well.

Bit of an update :-

I'm really pleased with how the four small plants are coming along

I've been able to get them right next to the side lights and because of this they are growing really tight and compact

Gonna repot & top them very soon but not quite yet

As you can see, the double top stems have got quite a good length on em now

Left side has gone further than right but I've waited too the right side plant is ready before I did the low stress training to em both

I've got some small plastic C shaped trainers and stuck them on the four longest stems on each plant, which bends the stems right down

This is to train them to grow wide and low rather than tall & high

Also today I've nipped the top shoot from the six longest stems on each plant

This will make the plant grow double shoots from each stem, which will increase yield

Lovely looking plants bud, if been using those 90 bends to help there great but remember to take them disaster a few weeks as if had a painful sight to see some of my branches with real bad cut marks on them.

Have you grown triple cheese before?

Lovely looking plants bud, if been using those 90 bends to help there great but remember to take them disaster a few weeks as if had a painful sight to see some of my branches with real bad cut marks on them.

Have you grown triple cheese before?
Hi mate, you're totally right about that, and it's an important point to mention, thanks - I only leave them on for a few weeks when they are quite small - as soon as they go into the main tent the C trainers get removed, or they would dig into the growing branches and hurt the plant

They really help keeping the plants low but you will see they will be reaching upwards again very soon

I've not done a full triple cheese grow before but have got a few elsewhere some weeks in advance ;)

I've always grown sativa dominant hybrids before but I'm trying indica dominant now, hopefully the more bushy plant will suit my style of growing

Back
Top Bottom