Dokter Doom Products

Cra**tire has all kinds of DD here in the west Do you not have it there ?
think they have them all

Biggest problem besides price is that bugs quickly develop a tolerance to pyrithium products. Oh and be sure the fogger isn't blasting your plant when you close the tent or it'll mess up the leaves.
I've had decent luck using a tea tree oil soap solution sprayed on

Can you afford a week or two with no plants, soil or moisture in the tent? Any bugs will die lol
I have wiped with dilute Malathion before, which is nasty stuff but highly effective
Not convinced that is any help whatsoever, but Hi anyway :ciao:

:ciao:
Cra**tire has all kinds of DD here in the west Do you not have it there ?
think they have them all

What is DD?

Biggest problem besides price is that bugs quickly develop a tolerance to pyrithium products. Oh and be sure the fogger isn't blasting your plant when you close the tent or it'll mess up the leaves.

I've used their 3-1 concentrate to rid of mites and worked really well.
I think It's general purpose for most pests and can also work as a PM preventative.

So, the reason I'm looking to go this route is because despite spraying my plants with Safers (they're all in flower currently) every time I feed them, I still have bugs.

So, @InTheShed said I should wait to start my next grow once my current plants have finished and the tents have been thoroughly cleaned. @BakedARea is the person who suggested a pyrethrin bomb in each tent.

I'd love to be able to use @Sierra Natural Science since so many 420 growers love it but it's not available here. I'm trying to find a comparable product here.

I had to throw out one of my plants because it was so decimated by thrips and I had to harvest another plant early for the same reason. I just want to get rid of all the bugs and not have to deal with this issue again or, at least not as bad.

Have you tried spraying with water & 10% iso alcohol & tinny drop of dish soap
seems to work for me if I see any

Never used Doktor Doom, but I have used pyrethrin, which is the active ingredient in DD foggers/mite knockout/powder. While I don’t like to spray my plants with anything, particularly in flower, I have used it in a “Borg” (spider mite) attack. If you spray in flower, give it a couple weeks, minimum, before harvest and do a thorough bud washing. Pyrethrin breaks down in a few days under light. It's better used as a preventative. Before planting, spray the inside of the tent, your pots, tools, and soil, wait a couple days, do it again, and you’ll have a pest free start. I dip clones in a pyrethrin solution before they go into the tent. Pyrethrin can burn leaves in strong light, so spray in the evening before lights out. The DD 3-in-1 spray is 96% canola oil, 4% "other ingredients" that are not listed as "active" ingredients, so I'm a little dubious of that one (not that is won't work), it's just a little pricey for canola oil.

I've only used the product I mentioned in veg. You can't go wrong .
it was recommended to me by a few locals with plenty of experience in the matter.
One of them mentioned it's safe to use during flowering but I'd wouldn't suggest it...
It's almost entirely oil based and that's gross. Safers didn't help at all.

Have you tried spraying with water & 10% iso alcohol & tinny drop of dish soap
seems to work for me if I see any

@InTheShed found that spraying plants in flower with ISO melts the trichomes.

It's better used as a preventative. Before planting, spray the inside of the tent, your pots, tools, and soil, wait a couple days, do it again, and you’ll have a pest free start. I dip clones in a pyrethrin solution before they go into the tent. Pyrethrin can burn leaves in strong light, so spray in the evening before lights out. The DD 3-in-1 spray is 96% canola oil, 4% "other ingredients" that are not listed as "active" ingredients, so I'm a little dubious of that one (not that is won't work), it's just a little pricey for canola oil.

It is my intention to use this as a preventative solution. My current plants will be done by the end of June. It is at that point that my husband I are planning on thoroughly cleaning all 3 tents. Baked suggested the pyrethrin bomb when I asked if I could just spray bug spray into the tent.

I've only used the product I mentioned in veg. You can't go wrong .
it was recommended to me by a few locals with plenty of experience in the matter.
One of them mentioned it's safe to use during flowering but I'd wouldn't suggest it...
It's almost entirely oil based and that's gross. Safers didn't help at all.

Thanks, Regrowth. I'll look into it.

It is my intention to use this as a preventative solution. My current plants will be done by the end of June. It is at that point that my husband I are planning on thoroughly cleaning all 3 tents. Baked suggested the pyrethrin bomb when I asked if I could just spray bug spray into the tent.
The bombs will certainly work, you'll have to figure out how many you'll need, and what size. You can buy the concentrated pyrethrin and mix/spray your own and use with a low pressure pump sprayer (Hudson Sprayer). Best of luck!!

Biggest problem besides price is that bugs quickly develop a tolerance to pyrithium products.
I was not aware of this. I will have to do some reading. I do tend to use it as little as possible though because of how strong it can be. Maybe that has helped keep it effective for me. But what if I did it more often? Could lead to resistance?! Thanks for this info. Worth an extra look into this.
Oh and be sure the fogger isn't blasting your plant when you close the tent or it'll mess up the leaves.
I would not use a fogger.

Agreed. Tea tree oil is an excellent deterrent. Use this to keep fleas away from our room. Never considered making a spray with it for my tent. I wouldn't spray any essential oil sprays on any flowers though.
Never used Doktor Doom, but I have used pyrethrin, which is the active ingredient in DD foggers/mite knockout/powder. While I don’t like to spray my plants with anything, particularly in flower, I have used it in a “Borg” (spider mite) attack. If you spray in flower, give it a couple weeks, minimum, before harvest and do a thorough bud washing. Pyrethrin breaks down in a few days under light. It's better used as a preventative. Before planting, spray the inside of the tent, your pots, tools, and soil, wait a couple days, do it again, and you’ll have a pest free start. I dip clones in a pyrethrin solution before they go into the tent. Pyrethrin can burn leaves in strong light, so spray in the evening before lights out. The DD 3-in-1 spray is 96% canola oil, 4% "other ingredients" that are not listed as "active" ingredients, so I'm a little dubious of that one (not that is won't work), it's just a little pricey for canola oil.
All of this response is awesome!
Baked suggested the pyrethrin bomb when I asked if I could just spray bug spray into the tent.
Not a bomb in the sense that it is actively blowing vapor into the tent like a fogger. Just wanted to clarify in case ther is confusion. I prefer to spray the bottom edges of tent. I have also sprayed the floor around the saucers. Then I will spray a paper towel with a large amount of solution in a plastic container. Then just leave it in the tent for a few hours with the exhaust off. You want the pyrethrin vapors strong enough to kill your pests. Then after a few hours, I put a lid the lid back on my plastic container. This keeps your "bomb" active for a little longer. Not necessary BTW. I have only done this a few times in my tent. Once while in flower.
I grow outside. You can't control mother nature!
Preach! With all my outdoor plants, now I just assume that my indoor plants have something! Just need to stay on top of my preventative treatments more often to keep it from becoming a infestation.
You can buy the concentrated pyrethrin and mix/spray your own and use with a low pressure pump sprayer
Yes! I have ready to use (RTU) pyrethrin sprays that I have been using. But making your own is definitely the most cost effective method.

Preach! With all my outdoor plants, now I just assume that my indoor plants have something! Just need to stay on top of my preventative treatments more often to keep it from becoming a infestation.
I guess I'm lucky, knock on wood, I've never had a bug issue in my tent in 5 years, except once when I had a single cricket that was eating my seedlings, once I found him hiding under drip pan, he was toast, and I never had another issue. In my outdoor greenhouse I have had the Borg a couple times, that's when I started using pyrethrin as a pre-plant preventative, and have been problem free since then.

most pests need a multi prong approach.

a strong h2o2 flush for the media and / or a neem drench will go after soil borne larvae. mild h2o2 or neem can be run as a preventative in a lot of media.

a solid water spray off gets a bunch if gets to that point. alternately some folk vacuum the plant to a degree of effect.

neem or a 50/50 iso solution will go after them on the plant as a spray. as noted : you can't use the iso in flower, but you really can't use anything else safely either.

if you can isolate the grow space, a hotshot can work fantastic with other treatments in tandem. i always have a couple in case. it breaks the adult fliers but is death from above, and i wouldn't use it if i lived with the same air 24/7. i usually eradicate all my pest issues in veg with a hotshot and a spray treatment. i won't flower unless clear.

i usually eradicate all my pest issues in veg with a hotshot and a spray treatment. i won't flower unless clear.
Great point about the hotshot strips. I have used those in the past as well. I do the same with those that I do with my pyrethrin containers. I keep the strips in a plastic container. Dangerous vapors for mammals too though so I tend to shy away from using it much anymore. But inside a tent with exhaust off will kill just about any pest. Multi-pronged approach is something I agree with bluter.

Back
Top Bottom