Dolo the bag seed: can I get a lil' advice?

StonerWunSimba

Hey growers? This is my lil bag seed Dolo. She is 1 month from popping out the ground today. And she is growing a lot a lot!! And I want to make sure she can continue to do so. Basically feeding her so she grows vigorously. Lights are on timer for 20/4. Which she seems to love. But I do have a bit of a temp issue. Highs around 92°f lights on. Lights off is 77°f. I have a 600watt led not sure of actual wattage tho. But I can comment name if asked. Its non sponsored led. I have blood meal, bone meal, super thrive, and molasses. I really need help on how to feed these things to her. So that she can grow grow grow. Also can you give me and idea if she's indica or sativa or even hybrid?? Someone hinted she may be a hybrid. This is a personal and would like to keep her low and bushy and also want to do a fast grow without rushing her. Not are she's female yet. I just claim it and speak it to her so she knows what I want lol. Thanks and happy growing to all. And may the smokes forever be in your favor!! Lol
20200205_083301.jpg
20200205_083327.jpg
20200205_083347.jpg
20200205_083400.jpg
20200205_084331.jpg
20200205_084416.jpg
20200205_084430.jpg
20200205_084445.jpg

Most plants these days are hybrids.
You may never know how she leans as far as sativa or indica. Their leaves can change in appearance as they grow, going from something that looks indica dom to something that resembles a sativa.

It’s hard to diagnose anything not in natural light.

as for the type it is very rare these days to get anything that is 100% Indica/sativa. Most are hybrids

Right off the bat I’m looking at the pot. What size is it? If it’s 1-2 gallon, I recommend up potting into at least a 5 gallon.

Sativas typically have long skinny leafs, where Indicas have fat leafs. I’d lean more to Indica heavy hybrid, but you can get the high you’re after when it comes to the ripeness of your trics at harvest.
(Read the tric article in my signature)

Have you heard Mega Crop (Greenleaf Nutrients)? I ran compost teas an all that previously. It’s a good way to grow, but it starts getting to be a lot of work.GLN is running a promo for a free bag of Mega Crop you just pay shipping. It will definitely make things easier on you during your grow. I’d look into it if possible.

If not.... Since you’re in veg, blood meal is good for nitrogen so you’re good there, Bone meal is good for phosphorus, so you might find something to bring in your potassium.

Your nutes should change at the flower stage though. Lower N and higher P and K. That said, you should probably be running 18/6 on your lighting now, then 12/12 when you’re ready for flower. (Assuming you running photos)

Honestly not sure of the size pot. Something I grew my tomatoes in one year and thought it may be good enough. And I've been wanting to do a tea feed instead of mixing in soil. Would I be able to do that with wat I got?? Also can I soak some potatoes in warm over night and use that as potassium?? Or bananas though I don't eat them? Lol thanks for the advice!!!

Welcome StonerWunSimba everything is looking good to me! Nice dry soil (that with how the plant looks makes me believe its being watered properly), uniform green leaves, pot looks plenty big. I'm not very knowledgeable on teas and such but I imagine there's a ton of info here on that. CHeers , luck to your grow! :yahoo:

Hey growers? This is my lil bag seed Dolo. She is 1 month from popping out the ground today. And she is growing a lot a lot!! And I want to make sure she can continue to do so. Basically feeding her so she grows vigorously. Lights are on timer for 20/4. Which she seems to love. But I do have a bit of a temp issue. Highs around 92°f lights on. Lights off is 77°f. I have a 600watt led not sure of actual wattage tho. But I can comment name if asked. Its non sponsored led. I have blood meal, bone meal, super thrive, and molasses. I really need help on how to feed these things to her. So that she can grow grow grow. Also can you give me and idea if she's indica or sativa or even hybrid?? Someone hinted she may be a hybrid. This is a personal and would like to keep her low and bushy and also want to do a fast grow without rushing her. Not are she's female yet. I just claim it and speak it to her so she knows what I want lol. Thanks and happy growing to all. And may the smokes forever be in your favor!! Lol
20200205_083301.jpg
20200205_083327.jpg
20200205_083347.jpg
20200205_083400.jpg
20200205_084331.jpg
20200205_084416.jpg
20200205_084430.jpg
20200205_084445.jpg

This is a very interesting question - so let's break it down part by part:

1) It is definitely a healthy looking organically grown plant.

2) The 20/4 is great - but 18/6 might be better - plants need the dark - especially to grow roots.

3) 92°F (33°C) is way too high - your high should be around 77°F (25°C).

4) Your wall wattage is most likely 300W.

5) She is an Indica dominant strain - I don't see any Sativa in the leaves.

6) Bonemeal and blood meal are amendments that add nutrients to soil, and they can be used together. Blood meal is dried and powdered animal blood; it increases soil nitrogen levels. Bonemeal is ground animal bones; it increases soil calcium and phosphorus levels. Bonemeal also includes small amounts of magnesium, iron, zinc, and other trace elements that plants require.

7) Superthrive is great for adding vitamins and natural hormones to your soil - good choice.

8) Unsulfulered molasses is the perfect food for microorganisms, as it gives them the ideal environment to thrive. When you supplement soil with molasses, what you’re doing is, therefore, not so much feeding your plants, but feeding the soil and the microorganisms in it.

9) Using them together properly is something you could likely look up online.

10) I would suggest a foliar feed or teas a few times each week - just in case.

11) She is a bit small for 1 month - but the heat may have something to do with that. Also, we expect plants to grow a bit slower in soil. Just up pot to a bigger pot when you can.

12) Keep up the great work - and I love the "Hunger Games" reference!

Edit: I forgot to say Welcome to our great community! We have a lot of wonderful people here, so if you have any other questions just ask away!

A plant can look all indica and be 55% sativa. Then throw phenotypes into the mix.
Cultivators are actually going with 'broad leaf varietal' and 'narrow leaf varietal' instead of indica and sativa now. These are outdated terms.

Indica and Sativa are dated terms
These terms were generically used to refer to cannabis plants as an all-encompassing classification of their effects based on their appearances. A tall plant with skinny leaves would be called a Sativa cultivar, and would have stimulating psychoactive effects. Short fat plants were called Indica cultivars, and would offer sedative effects.

We now know these terms are inaccurate on multiple counts. The term “Sativa” comes from the subspecies “Cannabis Sativa” or C. Sativa, of the genus Cannabis.

There has been much debate over the accuracy and application of the inclusion of Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Ruderalis (a short, rugged cannabis subspecies native to Asia and Eastern Europe), and the scientific community largely sticks to using C. Sativa as the sole subspecies.

“I think the classical characterization of Indica versus Sativa is not very helpful when you’re trying to understand what the active agents in the product are going to be.” -Jason Busse, McMaster University’s Centre for Medicinal Cannabis Research

A plant can look all indica and be 55% sativa. Then throw phenotypes into the mix.
Cultivators are actually going with 'broad leaf varietal' and 'narrow leaf varietal' instead of indica and sativa now. These are outdated terms.

Indica and Sativa are dated terms
These terms were generically used to refer to cannabis plants as an all-encompassing classification of their effects based on their appearances. A tall plant with skinny leaves would be called a Sativa cultivar, and would have stimulating psychoactive effects. Short fat plants were called Indica cultivars, and would offer sedative effects.

We now know these terms are inaccurate on multiple counts. The term “Sativa” comes from the subspecies “Cannabis Sativa” or C. Sativa, of the genus Cannabis.

There has been much debate over the accuracy and application of the inclusion of Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Ruderalis (a short, rugged cannabis subspecies native to Asia and Eastern Europe), and the scientific community largely sticks to using C. Sativa as the sole subspecies.

“I think the classical characterization of Indica versus Sativa is not very helpful when you’re trying to understand what the active agents in the product are going to be.” -Jason Busse, McMaster University’s Centre for Medicinal Cannabis Research

Thanks @Virgin ground - very helpful as always!

This is the third time I've heard this now - and the Indica & Sativa lore is so deeply ingrained in the cannabis community now.

It's going to be interesting to see how this changes over the next few years.

I mean for me - that's where I begin when I buy my seeds - I look at THC/CBD and Indica/Sativa on the Seedsman website.

@Emilya can help with homemade amendments.

My tea mix is...
(Mixed well in a strainer bag)
1/4 cup Bone/blood/feather mix.
(I use a Down to Earth blend)
3 cups compost
2 cups earthworm castings
2 scoops Great White mica (optional)

5 gallons spring water
(If you use tap, add in 1/4 tsp of ascorbic acid type vitamin C to get rid of the chloramine)
3 tbls Blackstrap molasses
80ml of URB (optional)
80ml seaweed/kelp

I use a 5” air stone in a homedepot bucket, after 24 hour I add another tbls of molasses and let it run another 12 hours. 36 hours seems to be the sweet spot
98954D01-3CFD-406B-8AD7-393F4951A65D.jpeg

I've had plants, like VG said, start looking very sativa....and be very indica by the time they bud

Leaves do tell some, but isn't a 100% depiction of the strain

I look at THC/CBD and Indica/Sativa on the Seedsman website.
Hopefully more people will use the term and will be the catalyst for change in how seed companies describe their genetics.
We need to look at the chemical makeup of the plant instead of its physical attributes.

Hopefully more people will use the term and will be the catalyst for change in how seed companies describe their genetics.
We need to look at the chemical makeup of the plant instead of its physical attributes.

Hey @Virgin ground , I was talking with @Old Salt last week and he convinced me in about 30 minutes to start using EC instead of ppm - and I recommend that in the FAQs now.

I will do some reading on this and then start using that terminology when appropriate.

Thanks again!

Hey @Virgin ground , I was talking with @Old Salt last week and he convinced me in about 30 minutes to start using EC instead of ppm - and I recommend that in the FAQs now.

I will do some reading on this and then start using that terminology when appropriate.

Thanks again!

I'm a ppm guy at heart

Always was

@Emilya can help with homemade amendments.

My tea mix is...
(Mixed well in a strainer bag)
1/4 cup Bone/blood/feather mix.
(I use a Down to Earth blend)
3 cups compost
2 cups earthworm castings
2 scoops Great White mica (optional)

5 gallons spring water
(If you use tap, add in 1/4 tsp of ascorbic acid type vitamin C to get rid of the chloramine)
3 tbls Blackstrap molasses
80ml of URB (optional)
80ml seaweed/kelp

I use a 5” air stone in a homedepot bucket, after 24 hour I add another tbls of molasses and let it run another 12 hours. 36 hours seems to be the sweet spot
98954D01-3CFD-406B-8AD7-393F4951A65D.jpeg

Great answer!

Hey @StonerWunSimba , you might want to consider looking in on some organic growers here.

I haven't met any yet, but I'm sure there are some people here who can provide you some links to current grow journals that you can peek in at - I'm sure they'd love the company :)

Ok so I just homemade me an exhaust with the only fan I have at the moment. So I'm hoping that will help the temps. So do I need to have a air stone to brew the tea or can I mix it and let it sit in my grow for heat to brew it for a few days before I use it??

Back
Top Bottom