Dolomite lime for pH buffer help

Virandell

Hi guys I have a question about dolomite lime the line of nutrients what I am using (biobizz) lowering my tap pH water alot it's even on 5.5 at Flo on veg after mixing nutes it's around 6.1 so not so bad. Usually I am potting to my final pots (3gallons) at day 10 veg and I am not sure is it there any point to mix dolomite lime at this point or better topdress 1-2weeks before switching to flower as then my pH after adding nutes is sitting at 5.5~ ? The dolomite lime what I have it's very fine powder I will appreciate any help :)

According to this article:

...it can take one to two years. Probably best to add dolomite lime to your soil before you plant anything in it. Calcitic lime works faster, but can damage plants' roots if not applied correctly (and in moderation). It does have the added benefit of adding calcium, though. Hydrated lime is faster still, but even more likely to cause damage if misused.

If you need significant pH adjustment right now... I'd simply invest in some kind of agricultural grade pH Up product and start adjusting what you give your plants to a pH of 6.5. Most soil additives seem to act relatively slowly.

Wait... Biobizz nutrients... Seems like I read, years ago, that the Biobizz line of nutrients was 100% "organic" and that users of the products were advised to not adjust pH. But time has a way of fogging some memories, lol, and I have not had cause to dust that one off in more than five years. So... I'd hope for a second opinion ;) . Maybe one of the "organic" growers will have some insight that will be more specific to your situation than most of my experience is.

According to this article:

...it can take one to two years. Probably best to add dolomite lime to your soil before you plant anything in it. Calcitic lime works faster, but can damage plants' roots if not applied correctly (and in moderation). It does have the added benefit of adding calcium, though. Hydrated lime is faster still, but even more likely to cause damage if misused.

If you need significant pH adjustment right now... I'd simply invest in some kind of agricultural grade pH Up product and start adjusting what you give your plants to a pH of 6.5. Most soil additives seem to act relatively slowly.

Wait... Biobizz nutrients... Seems like I read, years ago, that the Biobizz line of nutrients was 100% "organic" and that users of the products were advised to not adjust pH. But time has a way of fogging some memories, lol, and I have not had cause to dust that one off in more than five years. So... I'd hope for a second opinion ;) . Maybe one of the "organic" growers will have some insight that will be more specific to your situation than most of my experience is.
They advice not to but just recently they made pH up and pH down also their nutrients massively decreasing pH especially on flower stage where is sitting on 5.5~ I am not sure if soil can buffer such a small pH ^^

Back
Top Bottom