Don’t let this happen to you

JollyRodger

Made a rookie mistake.

I have uv fluorescent lights on a separate timer. Well today is the first day of the 2nd week of 12/12. Went into my grow room only to realize that yesterday I switched the timer to always stay on. So in the first week of flower, my plant gets 36 hours of continuous light. I feel like a complete dumbass and now have to hope and pray she doesn’t Herm on me.

anyone else do something like this without bad results?

Ouch, I did something kinda similar but not to that extent, I moved my power cords to a different hole, and must have hit the timer so they got 13 hours of light for a day before I noticed, but that’s not 36

Yeah it sucks. It was the normal 12 from 8-8 yesterday. Then the 12 overnight. And now the normal 12 again today. I contemplated turning the lights off this morning which would have been about 24 hours of darkness until tomorrow morning at 8. But decided I’d just let her roll back to her normal schedule and leave the lights on. Hopefully my saving grace is that flowers haven’t begun forming yet.

Made a rookie mistake.

I have uv fluorescent lights on a separate timer. Well today is the first day of the 2nd week of 12/12. Went into my grow room only to realize that yesterday I switched the timer to always stay on. So in the first week of flower, my plant gets 36 hours of continuous light. I feel like a complete dumbass and now have to hope and pray she doesn’t Herm on me.

Walk it off we all do stupid shit you'll be fine.

We really have no control over a plant herming on us some times they do it just to spite your hard work.

my last run hermied a very small amount. But I also lost power for half a day in the middle of the light cycle. That’s out of my control and even though it sucks I can handle it. This stupid move just makes me want to beat my head on the wall

I’ll know in a week or two if I’m fineo_O
Just keep a real close eye on those buds and cut out anything suspicious. Even if it herms, doesn’t necessarily mean a lost crop.

Also, even if a random male releases pollen late in flower, the pollination won’t result in mature unsmokeable seeds.

I had a very low level hermie situation in a tent plant this year — I cut off the male-like flowers and no others popped up. I think it might have been caused by a power outage that reset when the 12-hours of darkness occurred.

Made a rookie mistake.

Dang. Thins is my first year growing. I pulled some clones from seed. The clones look bad compared to the outdoor plants. They’re in the house growing 3 leaves vs 7 from the original I probably won’t clone this late next time.

For the sake of a follow up and hopefully to ease the minds of any fools like myself in the future, I am providing an update to this saga. I’m 4 weeks into flower tomorrow and there are no signs of male parts! :cheer::slide:
Fuck ya told you walk it off your a champion you must be immune also!:high-five::bravo:

For the sake of a follow up and hopefully to ease the minds of any fools like myself in the future, I am providing an update to this saga. I’m 4 weeks into flower tomorrow and there are no signs of male parts! :cheer::slide:
We care... happend to me also.. mine didnt hermie but I like to see and hear everyones learning process to see if what I do/did was logical...
I just opted for and immediate 36hr dark period before flipping back to normal.. couldnt get any better than that.. started flowering sept. 11...

Back
Top Bottom