Donaldd's First 2015 MMJ Indoor Grow - 150W CFL

Word, gonna do that in a bit then.
Hahaha man, its driving me nuts! I see everyone's pics at 20 days, and theyre double the width of mine, its bothering the crap out of me. So much waiting with so little growth

The only time my plants grow is at night. Mostly stretching though, i dont even know how

It's hard seeing everyone else have luck while you wait for the smallest change, I was in the same boat. Just be patient and again, don't try to do too much in such a short time. I'm nearly positive that's why almost everyone single White Nightmare I started went male because I kept trying different things every day instead of trying and waiting.

As far as the yellowing, is that still getting better? If they need a slight nitrogen boost, Vitamino in the Botanicare lineup might be the cure whether you foliage feed or mix a small amount in with your water. Also consider foliage feeding an hour before lights come on.

Start measuring them every day, jot notes down and do whatever you have to do to remember. Drastic change comes quicker than you think, sometimes good or sometimes bad. Make a few mistakes and you'll most likely never make them again and if mistakes happen don't let them discourage you from trying again.

It's hard seeing everyone else have luck while you wait for the smallest change, I was in the same boat. Just be patient and again, don't try to do too much in such a short time. I'm nearly positive that's why almost everyone single White Nightmare I started went male because I kept trying different things every day instead of trying and waiting.

As far as the yellowing, is that still getting better? If they need a slight nitrogen boost, Vitamino in the Botanicare lineup might be the cure whether you foliage feed or mix a small amount in with your water. Also consider foliage feeding an hour before lights come on.

Start measuring them every day, jot notes down and do whatever you have to do to remember. Drastic change comes quicker than you think, sometimes good or sometimes bad. Make a few mistakes and you'll most likely never make them again and if mistakes happen don't let them discourage you from trying again.
Ive been keeping a written journal as well, but nothing too different has happens. My main problems seem to be related to too high pH.

All yellowing is going away, and theyre growing great now that i started using the big grow nutes. I foliar feed with that fox farm stuff as well as soil feed it. I keep the ppm really low, i dont have a meter(and my plants are wusses), so i prefer less than more.

What would foliar feeding them an hour before lights do differently than any other time of day?

Yeh, my indica plant stretched like 4 inches in one night. It was freakin ridiculous... Thankfully it was a male. Lol
And my juicy fruit #2 grew longass branches in a night (theyre long considering that it was the night after being stunted for a couple weeks)

The girls are so happy.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Ive been foliar feeding them with nutes multiple times per day. They love it.:morenutes:
9 days after topping juicy fruit 1
image25028.jpg
image25030.jpg

Average growth speed would you say?

Juicy fruit 2 is finally growing :) i think 7 days after topping.
image25031.jpg
image25032.jpg

This XXX bagseed is bullshit. I cant figure out how to make it grow right. Im losing patience, and kinda wanna put it outside to save space.
2 days after topping.
image25033.jpg
image25034.jpg

Patience man, patience. If you are losing that then maybe starting over or just throwing her outside might do you some good.

If you want to carry on get the pH correct, soil and water. I would advise using 6.5 pH water since it's nearly the exact level for all nutrients to be taken up into the roots and also get your soil to roughly the same.

I'm glad the foliar spraying is working out though as the rest of them seem to look really good compared to last time! If you foliar spray with the lights on you run the risk of damaging leaves from drying out too quickly or from things in the nutrients that can cause a higher chance of burning leaves when present to high intensity lights. I don't know that using CFLs is helping you from burning them or not but if it seems to be working keep doing what you're doing.

Since I never responded a while back, a PPM meter is a 'Parts Per Million' meter. Essentially it gauges the amount of nutrients you've mixed in your soil. Say you mix in X amount of nutrients for X amount of water, it will give you a reading that can help you determine if it's too hot or not hot enough based off a typical feeding schedule or just by judging how the plants respond. There are some cheaper ones you can use but I like my Blue Lab equipment as they're easy to use and if you buy their calibration kit it's extremely easy to calibrate every 30 days, along with their pH meter.

Seems to me like your main problem is over feeding. This is very common for first time growers. Plants in seedling stage don't need any nutrients. That's what those first 2 little leaves are, they store all the nutrients your plant needs until those start to die. You are also using a soil that was already packed with nutrients so that is most likely why they got burnt the first time you gave nutes. I am still a rookie myself but I would recommend a soilless medium for first time growers, it allows you to control the amount of nutrients better. I am not familiar with the nutrients you are using organic or chemical? It seems that they are chemical too me, most organics don't make soil very hot. I would also recommend a feed, water, water cycle if they are chemical, allowing the unused nutrients to run off. I use technaflora recipe for success, you can get the whole kit for 45$ on amazon and it is pretty much made for growing weed. Good luck to you and nice little set up you got :)

It also comes with rooting gel for clones and a recipe showing how and win to use them.
20150512_091820.jpg

As for your ph level problems, where i live my ph is like 7 or higher. I use 1/2 tsp if ph down in every gallon of water, brings it to 6.5 every time.
20150512_091827.jpg

Seems to me like your main problem is over feeding. This is very common for first time growers. Plants in seedling stage don't need any nutrients. That's what those first 2 little leaves are, they store all the nutrients your plant needs until those start to die. You are also using a soil that was already packed with nutrients so that is most likely why they got burnt the first time you gave nutes. I am still a rookie myself but I would recommend a soilless medium for first time growers, it allows you to control the amount of nutrients better. I am not familiar with the nutrients you are using organic or chemical? It seems that they are chemical too me, most organics don't make soil very hot. I would also recommend a feed, water, water cycle if they are chemical, allowing the unused nutrients to run off. I use technaflora recipe for success, you can get the whole kit for 45$ on amazon and it is pretty much made for growing weed. Good luck to you and nice little set up you got :)

It also comes with rooting gel for clones and a recipe showing how and win to use them.
20150512_091820.jpg

As for your ph level problems, where i live my ph is like 7 or higher. I use 1/2 tsp if ph down in every gallon of water, brings it to 6.5 every time.
20150512_091827.jpg

Idk, the ppm is very low.

They really want to flower.
image25053.jpg

Idk, the ppm is very low.

They really want to flower.
image25053.jpg
do you have a high end ppm/ph reader? I'm sorry to say but if it did not cost like 100$ then it is probably inaccurate, I use liquid ph tester don't even do ppm. I would not worry too much about them trying to flower, you control the lights so they will flower when you are ready :), my clones showed sex about a week and a half into veg. Good luck with the everything.:thumb:

do you have a high end ppm/ph reader? I'm sorry to say but if it did not cost like 100$ then it is probably inaccurate, I use liquid ph tester don't even do ppm. I would not worry too much about them trying to flower, you control the lights so they will flower when you are ready :), my clones showed sex about a week and a half into veg. Good luck with the everything.:thumb:

Haha na, i know its low because i only use about 1/4 of the nutrients in the water. i cant afford a ppm on an unemployed 19yr old's salary lol.
Word, i saw a lot of pistil growth on one later today, and i was curious what all that was about.

Sorry about the short response before, i was posting right before leaving for a dentist appointment.
Nutrient rich soil plus nutrients equals too much nutrients. I didnt think of it before, my soil is organic, the bugs in my soil were eating the compost, then shitting, and making an endless cycle of bio organisms. I ruin it by baking my soil. Its either get bio organisms and great soil, or get no fungus gnats with high pH and no living organisms.
The water in my area is pretty high pH as well. It averages around 7.7, adding nutrients are a pretty good way to lower the pH in my opinion. Two birds with one stone. But like i said above, i only do a tiny bit of nutes.

Thanks dude!

75 days? Dang man, at least they're coming around now. Keep that pH steady, check your run off to make sure everything's on point. Sounds like it's been a grueling battle but you'll get it. Once you flip to flower and harvest it'll make all the time and effort worth it, especially with how much more knowledge you have now. :thumb:

Really consider pH down/up. It could help you in the case where you don't want to add nutrients to bring the pH down but have to water them.

75 days? Dang man, at least they're coming around now. Keep that pH steady, check your run off to make sure everything's on point. Sounds like it's been a grueling battle but you'll get it. Once you flip to flower and harvest it'll make all the time and effort worth it, especially with how much more knowledge you have now. :thumb:

Really consider pH down/up. It could help you in the case where you don't want to add nutrients to bring the pH down but have to water them.

Haha Kinda ridiculous eh? Finally they start to grow. I wonder what the bud will be like.

Ill be getting pH down very soon

Juicy fruit 1 seems to be the spawn.
This was yesterday, more hatched over night.
The organic soil i have, definitely has eggs in it.
image25836.jpg

Its bad. They infested my carpet, my hair, my tv, multiple dressers, my clothes. My whole room is infested now. Probably 100 flying/crawling around my room visibly. My organicide is killing the fuck out of them on contact. No chemicals in it :)
I really hope it gets better soon, cuz if i get this many gnats daily, my plants will probably die, and my sanity will go out the window.

If i was a gnat, this would be morbid.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom