5 gal. bags
65k blue cfl 16/8 cycle
misting solo cups when top is dry
will be using the following nutes according to site sched
Grow Big
big bloom
Tiger Bloom
cha-ching

Hoping to be able to get them in the ground on 4/20 but weather is holding me back still in mid to high 30's at night lights are hanging at 23 inches away from top of plants. Should I start watering more often and more water. Saw somewhere on here on a method of every 3 day watering if anyone knows the one i am speaking of please give me a link to it. Will welcome all comments as this is my first outdoor grow

20210412_190148.jpg

20210412_190153.jpg

20210415_142823.jpg

20210415_142827.jpg

It looks like you're about ready to transplant soon. You'll know it's time when they start needing water every day. I guess you're going to wait it out and just drop them in the ground? I've got an NL plant that just sprouted and I'll be throwing her outside but it's been cold here too.

Are you going from solo cups to 5gal bags and then into the ground? Make sure you transition them slowly from the CFL to the sun. It's called hardening off, and it should be done over the course of four or five days. An hour of sun the first day and into the shade. Then two hours and shade, then three hours and dappled sun if you have a spot for that. Then four hours, then full sun.

Burning the plants you've taken care of is an awful sight!

In terms of watering, I've never heard of the three day cycle. It's best to water when the cups/pot have gotten light. And as @Regrowth mentioned, when they're light every morning it's time to upcan!

Lifting your pots every morning is the best way to determine when to water.

:welcome: to the site Don!

Are you going from solo cups to 5gal bags and then into the ground? Make sure you transition them slowly from the CFL to the sun. It's called hardening off, and it should be done over the course of four or five days. An hour of sun the first day and into the shade. Then two hours and shade, then three hours and dappled sun if you have a spot for that. Then four hours, then full sun.

Burning the plants you've taken care of is an awful sight!

In terms of watering, I've never heard of the three day cycle. It's best to water when the cups/pot have gotten light. And as @Regrowth mentioned, when they're light every morning it's time to upcan!

Lifting your pots every morning is the best way to determine when to water.

:welcome: to the site Don!
going from solo to 5 gal. bags for rest of grow

Moving them outside is on delay as we have frost warnings the next 3 days
Excellent idea!
got moved into their perm homes today with 2 inches of gravel and the rest filled with foxfarm forest ocean blend
For the next transplant, it turns out that you get no drainage benefit from filling the bottom with gravel. All you've done is lose 2" of room for your roots because of something called the perched water table.

If you're interested, check out syenite's post on the "perched water table," with a great video demonstration as well! Start at 6:32 if you're pressed for time after reading the post. It shows how rocks raise the perched water table making for a shallower pot.

Excellent idea!

For the next transplant, it turns out that you get no drainage benefit from filling the bottom with gravel. All you've done is lose 2" of room for your roots because of something called the perched water table.

If you're interested, check out syenite's post on the "perched water table," with a great video demonstration as well! Start at 6:32 if you're pressed for time after reading the post. It shows how rocks raise the perched water table making for a shallower pot.
should i re-translant plant taking out the gravel or since they are cloth bags can i cut a small slit just above ( 1 in ) on all sides of bottom to help drain gravel afraid to over stress them re-transplanting

change in line up found out yesterday the 2 i thought were deep purple are lemon haze so have 2 indica and 2
20210421_201231.jpg
20210421_201231.jpg
sativas doing a comparative grow with a friend to see how his tech compares to mine taste buzz you know all the good stuff to doing a comparative grow first pic lemon have 3 days in 5 gal bad looking happy and healthy second pic is the northern light 3 days in 5 gal bag a little shorter right now hope she will pic up when put outside

20210421_201237.jpg

As they get bigger the roots will grow through the bottoms of the pots and into the soil below. That's a good thing if you water to runoff so they get wet, but not a good thing if you need to move them later on!
hopefuly the only time i will be moving them again is at harvest if they make it all up to the grow gods now i can give them tlc nutes but ultimately up to the ghost of jorge cervantes ( i swear he comes and visit the grow i know he is not dead ) that is where i learned a lot of what i know came from hopeing my knowledge is good but with you guys i think i will be fine
:yummy::ganjamon::blunt::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom