Don't kill your clone on transplant to soil - Don't make my mistake

armoire grow

20140518_085300.jpg
20140518_085220.jpg
20140517_192708.jpg

Well as the title said don't make my rookie mistake in transplanting the clones into soil. So I successfully manage to get clones to root in Rockwood for 15 days, I had them in the dome misting 2 time per day and man they were loving it, healthy , perky standing tall. Well with feeling successful in my previous transplant, I went straight away and planted them into soil, Little did I know that I humidity shocked them. Now I'm here trying to keep them alive using plastic bottles to create mini dome and bring back some humidity, seems to be working. Finger cross.

Now the best way to learn its from mistakes and reading plenty of books and forums.
Moving forward a set of rules I will follow before transplant.

After seeing roots, 5 days before transplant.
1- remove the dome for 10 - 15 minutes, 2-3 times a day.
2- have them out under lights in open air. Someone may wimpers out and will needs another day or 2 in the dome. I will keep doing this unit they stay in open air for 2 hrs or more.

Hope I'm able to help someone who might make this same mistake.

I don't know what killed your plants but it certainly wasn't soil.(or maybe the soil is too hot in the first place)
I put my clones directly in soil, no root gel&powder, cut some leaves in half and just mist it few times a day. I'm having about 8/10 success rate.
Don't water them so much anymore, when they root, you don't need to water them as much as you're watering when they have no roots. Let the soil dry for a bit, that will make the roots spread and search for water, and will also let them take in some oxygen.
Better roots=better yield.
Don't let them dry too long though

20140529_232221.jpg

well manage to bring them back. I have my little survivor in the top left corner. took this as a experiment " how much abuse is the breaking point" I cut all the leaf only leaving half of a damage leaf on a stem and leaf and look at her SHE WANTS TO LIVE!. I really don't know if the soil was to hot. but having the dome/ high humidity help bring them back. I didn't ferterlize or anything on the transplant. first time I experience this and hopefully the last.

image11039.jpg

i planted this clone directly into soil yesterday morning and she is still green and perky at this very second, she was a sad sight within 15 minutes of being put in the soil but about an hour after that she bounced back

weird enough the clone is growing a new set of leaves...

20140607_191356.jpg
mines took a hard hit. I have one that I called the little survivor, sadly she won't make the cut. as I have my perpetual cycle & I'm gonna bring her into flower with little veg time, just to let he completed for the sake of not killing any.. she wants to live and I'm going to let her go how she wants to go. . up in smoke.

PhotoGrid_1402868957001.jpg

wow! After 2 weeks look at my little survivor go. ( she is the one on the top left corner)

These plants are survivors man, you see zombie plants on here all the time hahaha, good improvement though

I'm hoping mine roots soon, she's on day 5 since cut

Back
Top Bottom