Don't like the look of the stuff on my buds

User43

Trying to take better pictures im no good at it. Its a noticeable brown on a few hairs on 2 buds.
I dont know if it could be mold or what but i dont like the look of it.

Attachments

• SuspiciousHair1.jpg
    SuspiciousHair1.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 131
  • SuspiciousHair2.jpg
    SuspiciousHair2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
If its hairy or quite cool or damp to touch they uou have rot, but usually when you have stacks of hairs like that there's never any rot I've found it's always from week 6-7 and when your buds are starting to dense up.

I get bud rot every round I'm literally the king of bud rot :laugh:.

If its hairy or quite cool or damp to touch they uou have rot, but usually when you have stacks of hairs like that there's never any rot I've found it's always from week 6-7 and when your buds are starting to dense up.

I get bud rot every round I'm literally the king of bud rot :laugh:.
Anything i can do for her if its rot? I have some topical stuff from fox farm ive never used, flowers kiss

Trying to take better pictures im no good at it. Its a noticeable brown on a few hairs on 2 buds.
I dont know if it could be mold or what but i dont like the look of it.
You don't have a magnifying glass to see it close up?

You don't have a magnifying glass to see it close up?

Ive got a tiny 30/60X jewelers loupe but i havent gotten a single clear picture at 60 and it takes a dozen trys for the 30.
but i got a few clear ones i dont think the red circles will be needed this time.

Attachments

• SuspiciousHair3.jpg
    SuspiciousHair3.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 81
  • SuspiciousHair4.jpg
    SuspiciousHair4.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 87
  • SuspiciousHair5.jpg
    SuspiciousHair5.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 88
  • SuspiciousHair6.jpg
    SuspiciousHair6.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 79
Ive got a tiny 30/60X jewelers loupe but i havent gotten a single clear picture at 60 and it takes a dozen trys for the 30.
but i got a few clear ones i dont think the red circles will be needed this time.
Ooooo... To me, it looks like the hairs are just turning brown.

Looks fine to me.

If you are concerned about mold or mildew read up on it. The basics are really about prevention. Low temperature with high humidity is what you want to avoid (nighttime with lights out comes to mind. Your plants are pushing out water and upping humidity while the temp is dropping. Make sure you have good ventilation and circulation. Make sure you have good spacing between branches and defoliate underneath the canopy. Pay attention to your temp/humidity. Apple vinegar diluted with a dash of dish soap sprayed will kill or prevent powdery mildew. I think mold is a different story. I've had both. You are right to be concerned. Mid to late flower is the time to be most aware.

This chart really isn't about mold, but it's an indication of where your temp should be in relation to humidity.

:nomo: :hookah:

Looks fine to me.

If you are concerned about mold or mildew read up on it. The basics are really about prevention. Low temperature with high humidity is what you want to avoid (nighttime with lights out comes to mind. Your plants are pushing out water and upping humidity while the temp is dropping. Make sure you have good ventilation and circulation. Make sure you have good spacing between branches and defoliate underneath the canopy. Pay attention to your temp/humidity. Apple vinegar diluted with a dash of dish soap sprayed will kill or prevent powdery mildew. I think mold is a different story. I've had both. You are right to be concerned. Mid to late flower is the time to be most aware.

This chart really isn't about mold, but it's an indication of where your temp should be in relation to humidity.

:nomo: :hookah:
Saving a screenshot thankyou for the chart.

Looks like pistils to me also.
With bud rot you’ll see the tiny sugar leaves turn brown and soft.

You're welcome. There really aren't any stupid questions that most of us haven't asked, so don't be shy. Most of us do this as a hobby to save money and create epic weed. We enjoy talking about it.

I am definitely in it for the savings, and I made a lot of bad buy's trying to spend as little as possible. Until i find success its hard not to look at it as actually costing me more for now. But i have to admit, i do a LOT of garden gazing. It is a nice feeling looking at a budding plant knowing your TLC made it happen(when im not staring at the signs of past nutrient burn that is). Im sure the stress factor diminishes when ya got a bunch of different strains jarred up too.

Im cheap so I plan to keep growin til I die having invested good money into it, whether I like it or not lol.
I do think it will grow on me though, pun intended :hookah:
And without this forum I wouldnt have made it to flowering stage so again, Thank you all very much!

Back
Top Bottom