Doob's DP Fem Blueberry!

doobiedoo

Howdy mates! Doob is back with his third grow. I have some experience finally with a first grow indoors with soil and a second grow also indoors but with hydroponics. For my third grow, I have returned to growing with soil indoors under a 400w HPS. Carbon filter outake, A/C intake. ;) Using Advanced Nutrients organic line: Iguana Bloom, Sensi Zym, Organic-B, Voodoo Juice, Carboload, Sweet Leaf, and, for the last flush, Final Phase. Temps average 75 with lights on and 65 with lights off. Also using Fox Farm's Ocean Forest soil.

I am new to the picture process, so I will now hunt down the upload procedures. :bong:

By the way, I started this femenized blueberry from Dutch Passion immediately under 12/12 lighting. She appeared mutated at first with twisted, half-leaves. At first I thought this may be due to being placed directly in Fox Farm's Ocean Forest Soil from seed (possibly too much and should have been mixed with FF's light warrior for a lighter edge on the nutes, perhaps). I have been growing alongside DP's femenized powerplant, however, and the powerplant is completely uniform in growth--all conditions being equal to the blueberry. This thread will showcase the blueberry only, however.

Nice ill be watching this journal, i wana see how they turn out. How old are they? Is this your first time growing this strain?

My bad, the single blueberry is on day 57 of flowering from seed on 12/12. I grew it before in soil for my first grow, but I vegged it for about a month. It got to be a HUGE plant with HUGE colas! This plant is about 12 inches high, though, but a lot more manageable. :)

EDIT: I uploaded the pictures, and I assume they are pending approval.
EDIT2: I have done some research, and it seems DP's femenized blueberry is quite unstable genetically, that is, it is prone to mutations and herms. In fact, my first grow turned out female, and I didn't have the slightest clue about herms, so it was anything but sinsemilla. =X
EDIT3: I am now hypervigilant for male flowers!

By the way, MOTA, I noticed you had a successful blueberry fem grow. Was it from Dutch Passion, DJ Short, or another seedbank? What a freakish plant it was! :smokin:

Dutch Passion, it was the only mutant but rest were hermis, sucked

So far the plant looks amazing! It grew out of its freakish stage, and I haven't noted any male flowers as of yet. I think you'll enjoy the pictures that are pending approval. :) I am quite skeptical of the blueberry smell/taste, but I'll give it a proper final flush and slow cure, and with all my organic nutrients and soil medium, I think I'm giving taste the best possible chance to come out!

What do the buds smell like? Mine kinda smelled like lime. Cant wait to see how its looking.

the characteristics of my blueberry are 1 to 3 fan leaves sometimes 4 to 5 , redish stalk, and smells like lime when flowering if the you plant has the same traits, sure would be helpfull for me. How is the power plant any way? just ordered some seeds a couple weeks ago.

Id be harvesting my Blueberrys right around now if the damn spidermites hadnt got them...oh well, i got better things to come. Cant wait to see the pics man.
BTW, The blueberry I have always grown smells very fruity. Smoke is very nice as well. There are some pics of harvested blueberry in my gallery, if you want to take a look.

I took a whiff of the buds last night, and I did not notice any lime or fruit scent. To me, it smelled more skunky than anything. I really hope that the scent comes out with in the final stages of flowering or the cure.

Day 57 Flower!

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

It is now day 59 of flowering, and I've been inspecting the trichome opacity. From a good hour of photography and microscopy, I have determined that approximately 70% of the trichomes are cloudy in terms of opacity. The other approximately 30% are clear. I've read extensively that pistil color is not an accurate indicator of ripeness, but part of me is hesitant to chop the plant without one single orange/amber pistil showing. They're all white!

Suggestions, anybody? Perhaps I should adhere to the old grower adage, "If you think it's time to harvest, then wait a week, flush, wait one more week, and then chop." :bongrip:

If it was me, because I like my weed strong with a good couchlock. I would wait til you see a small number of amber trichomes or resin glands. This way you truely know you have achieved full ripeness with hardly any thc degration. It really seems to make a difference.

Thanks, Urdedpal! I'll do this, and I'm pretty sure by the time I get amber trichomes, at least a few pistils will have turned amber/orange/brown. Like you said, I'll know for sure that the plant has achieved full ripeness when at least a few of the trichomes turn amber.

Nice Blueberry, Let me know how it smells. How many more weeks your giving it?

Hi, MOTA! It is now day 62 of flowering, and I have initiated the flushing sequence with Advanced Nutrients Final Phase. I will flush for one week, and then I will chop on or around day 69. :bongrip:

As for the smell, it's difficult to describe it. I definitely don't smell lime or berry or any type of fruit. Perhaps the best word to describe the smell is "green," if that makes any sense.

I'll make sure to get some pics of the lady before I chop of course!

Hello all! I harvested the blueberry yesterday, which turned out to be day 70. She is now slowly drying in a closet (fan included, but not directly blowing on her, of course!) with an average temp of 75F and an average relative humidity of 45%. Pictures from the day of the chop are pending approval. :)

It should be noted that I found around 10 bananas on this girl. Overall, I would not recommend growing DP's femenized blueberry, if you are a novice grower. I'm just lucky that I was able to spot the bananas and snip them away from my girl before they blew their loads! Nasty critters, those male flowers. That said, this was a relatively easy grow. I think anything will be easy after learning the ins and outs of hydroponic growing, though. :smokin:

Expect a smoke report and more pictures around one week from today!

Edit: To update the smell report, I noted a heavy fragrance of pine after I chopped her. It reminded me of relaxing under a Christmas tree. This scent of pine is odd considering more than one poster has noted lime scents. We'll see if this "blueberry" lives up to its name.

Back
Top Bottom