DoomsdayUnderpants' Dakini Kush Grow Journal - 2015

Gettin' dialed in...am I in range here?

Screen_Shot_2015-03-13_at_1_17_07_PM.png

Looking for suggestions/advice on when to switch the ballast from 50% to 75%? I did attempt it a couple days ago, but it got way too hot...like 95 degrees. So I raised the hood up and turned on the duct fan, but it made the tent too cool while also sucking out all the humidity. I have a 100cfm 4" inline fan, and I'm wondering if I should gett a speed controller to slow it down a bit.

If they seem to be doing fine at 50%, should I just leave it as is?

In regards to the fan controller, your grow tent is pretty small at only 24 sq/ft, so for proper air exchange you want to replace that 2-3 times every minute. That would need a 50-75 CFM fan, so yours sounds like it might be too much. A speed controller could knock that down to 75 easily. You could also open more vents to allow it suck more air in.

With the light, you are pretty safe at 300W for awhile. Even for the whole grow if temps are a problem. 300W still gives you 150w per plant, and that is ideal.

Thanks UltraDan! Yeah, I'm happy with the progress so far. They look really healthy all around. I'm considering fimming the one on the right pretty soon....just not sure if she's too young or I should wait for another node? I also plan to transplant into a larger dirt pot within the next week or so. Too much stress to do both so soon? FYI....I have been watering every 2-3 days. I hold off as long as I can until the soil is dry down to an inch or so. And I've been giving them a BigBloom mix every other watering. Both water and BigBloom mix are Ph'd to 6.5. Also, both are female...definitely!

5gal Geopots arrived yesterday so I transplanted. Also reorganized things a bit...wanted to be sure I had easy access to the humidifier before the plants got too big. May have to move the fan as well. Also installed the carbon filter...the odor is starting to make its way through the house. I could have vented out through the window (and I still may do that later on), but I don't want to risk any tiny critters finding their way into the tent. Also, set up my scrog screen...in place and ready to go when the time comes.

4-4-15_1.png
4-4-15_2.png
4-4-15_3.png

Back
Top Bottom