DoomsdayUnderpants' Dakini Kush Grow Journal - 2015

Loooking good bro, have you flipped into flower or are you gunna wait for the stretch to really begin the scrog?

So I guess I'm thinking I'll let them veg a little longer. This is really my first grow, so I'm not exactly sure about when to switch, and how high to let them grow before I start to train them into the net. From what I've read, some people keep the veg going until they have a good screen full of horizontal growth, then switch it to flower?? I think that's where I'm heading. Any suggestions on a good height to start scrogging?

I just switched mine over today at day 45ish of veg. I wanted to go closer to two months but the situation out here changed and it looks like I wont be out here as long as I had anticipated. They still look pretty small tho, so I would let them go atleast till you have your desired tops inline and healthy then its when ever. I also have read that just allowing an additional 2 weeks of veg will almost double your yield. So the more you can veg the better. Just remember if they weren't feminized seeds then you could be raising some dudes and I would hate to see your efforts in vain only to have 2 guys on your hands although the learning experience is the same.

Just noticed some tiny white specks on a couple of the larger fan leaves (first pic). The underside (second pic) has some darker specs. Could these be spider mites? Any suggestions as to what this might be and what I can do...foliar spray? I have a bottle of OpticFoliar "Overgrow". The bottle doesn't really say how to use, or what it's for...it looks more like a comic strip...and just says it's "Awesome" 93rd pic). Maybe they're marketing this stuff to kids? Anyway, anybody familiar with this stuff? Good for what I got? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Screen_Shot_2015-04-05_at_4_59_04_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-05_at_4_59_32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015-04-05_at_5_10_52_PM.png

OK...so I sprayed all the leaves (top and bottom) with this OverGrow stuff and 24 hours later....all the dark spots underneath the fan leaves are GONE!!!! Keeping a close eye on it. One of the plants is now about an inch away from the scrog net. This was the plant I had fimmed 10 days ago. So I just topped its newest growth this morning. I'm hoping I'll soon have 4 new stalks that I can train along the net horizontally. The other plant is not as tall, but I had topped it on the same day I fimmed the other one. Although it's shorter, it now has 4 stalks, but I can adjust the net down a bit on that corner of the tent and start training it. So my scrog net will angle down a bit on one corner, but I think the growth will be even all over the net. That's my plan anyway. I'll keep you posted.

Screen_Shot_2015-04-07_at_1_33_48_PM.png

The SCROG begins! I pulled down the top of the plant on the right (1st photo) to get more light down to the lower growth. The plant on the left had been topped 10 or so days ago and the new growth is splitting into two new branches (2nd photo), so I'll work each of those along the net. After transplanting into 5 gallon Geopots, I'm finding I have to water more often...every 1 1/2 to 2 days rather than 2-4 days. After topping the right plant yesterday, I gave them both a watering with a mix of Roots Organics Buddha Grow...apparently bat shit based on the stank! Thank God for carbon filters.

Screen_Shot_2015-04-09_at_9_50_37_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2015-04-09_at_9_50_28_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2015-04-09_at_9_51_06_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-09_at_9_50_55_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-09_at_9_50_47_AM.png

wow 1 1/2 - 2 days watering seems like a lot to me. I don't know if you are doing the finger test or the lift test. I am in 5 gallon smart pots and quite a bigger plant also. My RH is much lower also as I only have a pot of water in there no idea what the actual RH is tho. I am watering about every 5 days and getting that 20% run off. I use ocean forest which has pretty good drainage also but the soil consistency plays a nice big factor in this too. Your plants however do seem to like it its just something I might keep an eye on. The lift technique is going to be quiet a bit more difficult with the screen but the finger test just doesn't seem sufficient to me as the bottom needs to dry out a bit too... Again just my thoughts, you are doing good tho no doubt nice and green and lush. Keep up the good work. It looks like your watering basically just the inside of the pot. You want the roots to search for water so hitting the outside of the pot is just as important as getting the inside. Remember that 20% run off rule, it allows the build up of salts and other deposits to get released from the soil. Oh and congrats on beating the bugs!!

Hey Thanks PTSD! Yeah, it's only been about a week since the transplant to the bigger pots, and I've been judging it on the "finger" method, digging down about an inch and watering when it feels dry. But I think you're right...I'm gonna back off a bit and stretch out the waterings again. I watered a bit more this week because of the transplant and the toppings...wanted to make sure they recovered ok. I'm actually setting up a few gallons of straight H2O as we speak. Will hold off on watering and reassess on Sunday.

Nice scrog net BTW! And I love how you shaped your plant. Wish I had known how to do that earlier in my grow. Will definitely try it on the next one.

Still a little soon from what I can see. Those are calyx's in the 4th picture, so look for two thin white "hairs" emerging from them. When you see them then it is female. If you start to see little balls popping up around the calyx then you have a male.

Back
Top Bottom