Dope Seeds Plant Pics

Hey bluenoserjoe! Sorry i missed that post before :sorry: Thanks for joining in. I’ll be happy to see one of those grown out. I have seeds for it.

Please keep us posted :thumb:

Now at five weeks and after a slow start she is really taking off. One week since topping. Low and wide with a strong stem I believe is thanks to good generics plus a little silica.

Dope Seeds’ White Widow (photoperiod).
Grown outdoors, Southern Hemisphere Oct 2018 - April 2019.
Medium and nutes: Doc Buds High Brix Blend (basic kit)

I found this a really beautiful plant to grow, in particular during veg where it showed great structure and robustness along with beautiful shapes :love:

full

full

full

It got transplanted into a 10gal container to flower. Here, it is just about to make the transition. I topped it twice. Probably a bit late.

full

full

It filled out well,

full

stretched nicely (this is about 10 days in),

full

danced daily to the beat of the Australian sun,

full

was habitat to numerous visitors and protectors,

full

full

had a wonderful stripey main stem (this is flipped sideways, the stripes were vertical ;) ),

full

chunky joints,

full

and made some delicious buds,
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

all-the-while developing stronger and stronger tones of pine and mango.

A real growing treat!

I chopped it a little bit early because some rot was coming on. It’s bud were leafy and thick and juicy so I would say it’s not a wise move outside if your late summer and early autumn is humid, like mine.

Final dry bud weight was 6.3oz.

While it was frosty, it didn’t get the snowy-capped appearance that “white” widow is named for - but lots of things can contribute to that, and I do remember Luiz’s was pretty frost laden so I’m not saying that’s genetics (but it could be phenotype related I suppose). I had to use green cleaner spray during mid flower because of mites that blew in on a dust storm so maybe that was a factor. In any case - it’s potent and frosty enough and produces a lot of vapor in the Solo and that is a sign of plenty trichs!

full

During early cure the pine and mango remained prominent and it also developed a really distinct burnt rubber aroma. At first I thought there as something wrong :hmmmm: it was so strong. But some research has shown me that this is actually a very sought after terpene, by some (not by me, though!). I can’t find what terpene carries that aroma but there are folks around who talk about the burnt rubber smell as something of a holy grail - in relation to an old pheno of Skunk, i think (maybe RKS). In any case - its not my cup of tea. :laughtwo: Others love it, but it is a very racey, heart-rate elevating, hit and that’s not good for me. Taste wise tho it was like having mango in your mouth, really delectable.

The burnt rubber aromas did soften during the cure and after a few months cure all the aromas have muted nicely and blended into something very unusual and quite pleasant: spiced, piney mango. I still can’t toke it but those that have, have very good things to say about it. Very active weed. It also has made great topical oil for me.

I recommend it as a beauty to grow - and maybe it’s terps will really suit you!

:Namaste:

Final follow up on the Dr. CBD. A real easy grow with no problems. the streatch was something though. tripled in height. Large hard nugs and I jared 112 grams with this grow. Nice sparkly buds loaded with trics. No smoke report for a bit while it cures. but so far nice a mello, but not sleepy, and lingering. Very strong pine smell, takes me back a few years. :ganjamon:

Congrats! Looks like it was a very nice harvest. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom