Dopy’s High Brix Cannabis 2019

If you put all that bud in one pile you will need to put in chair lifts. I am so going to follow the lower light experiment. I think it has some promise.

If you put all that bud in one pile you will need to put in chair lifts. I am so going to follow the lower light experiment. I think it has some promise.
Ha ha!

I’ll snap some photos tonight of the two Golden Pineapple plants that I’m gonna do that experiment I talked about over in Graytail’s journal

Ok little pic show from last night,

Malawi is chugging along, she has really developed a fruity mango strawberry aroma. Very sweet!

Panama 2

Panama 1

Cherry Cookie haze

Here are the two Golden Pineapple’s (# 1 & #2)I’m going to conduct an experiment on how decreasing the light intensity incrementally on the latter half of bloom affects the buds. Over in Graytails journal we were discussing how fresh & supple the lower shaded buds seem to be, compared to the top buds closest to the lights, which seem to be more tired and dry at harvest time. I’m gonna move plant #2 away from the light each week as we progress through the rest of the bloom, and leave #1 directly under the light as usual. It will be interesting to compare the two at harvest time. I can not adjust the intensity of my lights so this is what I have to do. Both are at 45 days post flip, and Golden Pineapple will go to 70 day before she is ready.

She is moved slightly away from the light starting last night.

DL :hookah:

Ok little pic show from last night,

Malawi is chugging along, she has really developed a fruity mango strawberry aroma. Very sweet!

Panama 2

Panama 1

Cherry Cookie haze

Here are the two Golden Pineapple’s (# 1 & #2)I’m going to conduct an experiment on how decreasing the light intensity incrementally on the latter half of bloom affects the buds. Over in Graytails journal we were discussing how fresh & supple the lower shaded buds seem to be, compared to the top buds closest to the lights, which seem to be more tired and dry at harvest time. I’m gonna move plant #2 away from the light each week as we progress through the rest of the bloom, and leave #1 directly under the light as usual. It will be interesting to compare the two at harvest time. I can not adjust the intensity of my lights so this is what I have to do. Both are at 45 days post flip, and Golden Pineapple will go to 70 day before she is ready.

She is moved slightly away from the light starting last night.

DL :hookah:
:reading420magazine:

That sounds like you've got a nice Malawi going there. She's filling in nicely and the smell sounds very nice. Mine hits a period where it starts to smell like ripe mango about halfway through flower.
I’m getting that as well, it’s a pleasant scent for sure!

Ok little update.

The golden pineapples I am experimenting with, regarding light intensity, are showing some results.

The GP1 that is directly under the light is showing more fade than GP#2. The buds are still similar, but the light intensity plus the low humidity seem to stress GP1

GP1

GP2

Here is how they are under the lights, each day I move GP2 a little farther.

Cherry Cookie haze is frosting up, and terps are becoming more fragrant...cherry syrup smell

Panama 1 is very nice, has a lemon meringue pie, creamy and sweet fragrance. Buds are getting fat!

Panama 2 is more of a acidic lemon astringent fragrance, and not as strong as her sister. No pic of her, didn’t upload

Malawi is not stretching at all like I expected her. I was tying her down to the cage for 2-3 weeks after flip, and haven’t touched her since.:hmmmm: I don’t know if lashing her down affected her hormones, but she just quit stretching, which is good for my ceiling limit. She has a real strong prominent grape smell to her, very sweet grapes. I started noticing this 5 days ago, and asked my wife and a friend to describe what they smell. The wife said grapes, the friend said plums. So somewhere inbetween there.

And here’s another experiment I have been doing. I took clones of all my plants on 1/12/19. They rooted in 5-12 days and I transplanted 1 of each to 1 gal pots. Usually I cull the rest of the clones, but I wanted to see how long I could keep them in the clone plugs, under a dome, no heat mat, just giving water once every 2 weeks. They lived. This is great if I ever have to leave for a long duration, and have no one to watch them. I got the idea from @Graytail as he talked much about just sticking them in water. It’s almost 2 months now and they are still alive.

I just gave them some left over GE and tea dunk two days ago, and they greened right up. Here they are now tonight:

Have a green night!

While I’m at it, took some photos of malawi Panama1 & 2, and cherry Cookie haze I cloned and potted up 6 weeks ago. Panama’s don’t like the lowish humidity I have (40-50%RH), but they will live.

Malawi

Pan1

Pan2

Cherry Cookie haze

All looks good Dopy! Are you gonna grow out those clones?

:passitleft:
Yes some of them, still haven’t decided. I can only flower so many, but that’s the plan....keep the genetics I like going and flower the ones I get low on. When I flip I’ll take clones of everything, and cull the ones that won’t go into the flower room.

Looking good in here DL. In not seeing any purple in your Malawi, but the limited amount of stretch and the grape smell sounds a lot like my purple pheno. It would long ago been showing color in the buds if it was going to though. Should be an interesting smoke.
Yeah no purple, but the fragrance and low stretch are cool. I can’t wait to try her when she is done. I had a small sample off her last night...I described it under the influence in Neiko’s journal last night.

Little update on the 2 Golden Pineapples.

At 60 days pf seems that the one under the light is maturing and ripening much quicker than the other that i am moving away from the light each day. You can see the difference. I’d like to take brix readings to compare those as well, maybe tonight if I have time.

Man you have my wheels turning on this. Are the buds the same size just not as mature? If so I am really liking the idea. If it will let you go for another 1-2 weeks in flower to allow buds to get bigger before harvest. Are the trichomes the same or do they show a difference also. Man sorry for all the questions.

Man you have my wheels turning on this. Are the buds the same size just not as mature? If so I am really liking the idea. If it will let you go for another 1-2 weeks in flower to allow buds to get bigger before harvest. Are the trichomes the same or do they show a difference also. Man sorry for all the questions.

The buds are the same size but the GP1 under the light is maturing faster. I’ll have a look at the trichromes tonight using a loupe.

Back
Top Bottom