Congrats !
Congrats Dopy! :high-five:
Awesome description of the golden pineapple, that was a cut you got from a friend right?? And congratulations on the win

Thanks gang! Yes a friend gave me that cut, what a great gift! I’m messing with a couple of them in veg now, trying to see what they like drench wise.

I have another cut he gave me called Schrom, that just loves whatever I throw at it. Responds well to heavy drenches. I’ve been really trying to load the cation sites prior to the Cat drenches, with giving plenty of TP after the flip. She is at 8 days post flip, and is dry every 2 days. Last run she burnt up a lot of fan leaves mid bloom, so I’m tweaking things to figure her out. Plus temps are back to normal now that summer has past.

Have a great day gang!
DL

The Schrom looks very happy. Who's the breeder?

My buddy got the cut from an acquaintance on another forum that was close by to him. I’m gonna toke some up now that I just got home. It smells like lemon citrus aerosol paint. LOL

Here is a write up from another forum with some info on the possible origin, however it is apparently controversial.

Quote from schrooomy420/ICMAG:

"I take schrom at day 70.
Over the years I have taken her anywhere from 56 to over 100.
I do like the high on the earlyer side of things. If you are picking her before day 60 you are never getting her calyx to swell. Personally I feel that her calyx really swell right before she is ready to be chopped, I have grown her for years now and have had samples of others return to me for my perception of them and I can honestly say that she;s fine at 60 but if ya give her til 70 she is much better and she fills out alot in that final 10 days.

It was the romulan female and the male was the columbian. The male was chosen from a bunch of Columbian beans circa 1974. I don;t still have the father and the mother clone I can get back. I never plan on re-making her, but I am still holding a few hundred of the columbian beans, horrible germ rate though."

And another quote from ograskal/ICMAG:

"She is the best Damn strain that i have ever grown or smoked and I've grown out quite a few strains and have been smokin for almost 20 years now! I kid you not. She is that good!!!
For those who dont know what the SCHROM is, It is a one of a kind strain that was created by our very own Schrooomy420. The SCHROM stands for = SCHroomys ROMulan hybrid. I beleive Schrooomy used a Romulan (mother) and crossed her with a Columbian (father). I beleive it was an accidental cross but I cant say for sure! Now on with the grow report!

The good thing about this Schrom is that She grows straight up and doesnt take up alot of space! I forced this particular cut at 10.5 inches and She maxed out at around 32 inches, so its safe to say that She stretches around 3X's her size when forced! I have heard from some peeps that the Schrom stretches out of control and yeilds werent to good but that wasnt the case when i grew her out. The stretch was controlable and the yeilds were very good in ALL my Schrom grows! The smell of the Schrom while flowering is very strong. Its very hard to describe. The best i can describe her is that She smells like Lemon, Candy Fuel or somethin like that. A really strong pleasant smell! I always find myself squeezin the hell out of her every time i open my flowering chamber cuz i just cant get enough of that wonderful smell. The way the buds grow are like nothing ive ever seen before and I've grown out lots of strains! Its like swirls of buds growin out of the buds and even the lower buds do it. She can be taken at around 60-70+ days but I've only taken her at around the 60 days mark Cuz i just cant wait to smoke this Gem!

The taste of the Schrom is very hard to explain. It has a sort of lemony taste too her and is real smoothe. When you exhale the smoke, the smoke in the room doesnt smell like MJ at all. Its smells like somebody has been lighting incense or something in the room, I shit you not. And the incense smell lingers for hours! She has a very Strong head high that last a very long time with a little bit of body in there.Its like your flying high in the clouds for a long time on a nice trip. Beleive me your one happy camper when your high on the Schrom. But if you smoke too much beware.The Schrom has been known to cause Paranoia and Halucinations and is not for the average smoker. Definately my favorite Herb! I give her a 9.5 in all catagories including Yeild,Smell,taste, bag appeal, potency and ease of growing. I just cant say enough good thingz about his strain."

Sounds like a winner.
This time around with Schrom I’m training the spikes to the cage top ring, to get more cola sites, that will be well supported. We’ll see.

Star Ship Schrom...:rofl:

Finally enjoying a bong load..

I have a vegging golden pineapple doing much better. Had to rescue drench her weeks ago, and she seems to like more TP. Giving her another strong tp drench with a little tea, to get her into high gear hopefully..

I like to dunk two at a time if I have a bunch, but she was the only one. Then I hang it on the hook to drain. It all at a good working height. I bend over enough in the flower room.

Good night
dL

Little update before bed,

Bubblegum is close to harvest at 51 days

Chem star and Schrom are at 16 days

C99 is stressed, something is up. The mother I took the clone from got pollinated, and now 2 generations of clones, it hasn’t straightened out. Three leaves, stunted growth, loss of vigor. Might have to ditch her after this run, no room for the weak.

A couple more of Schrom. Beast of a plant, and responds well to heavy drenches. Goes dry every two days. It’s a seven gal pot so she soaks up a gallon of at a time. Very vigorous!!

And lastly here is the other chem star pheno I have, a mildly minty, fuely, burnt rubber smelling oddity. The smoke is smooth, but lack luster, however the high is heavy, very pronounced body high, but still clear headed. Great for tv, and slept like a rock.
Her variegated leaves are more evident when mg levels drop off I’ve noticed.

Good night

Little update before bed,

Bubblegum is close to harvest at 51 days

Chem star and Schrom are at 16 days

C99 is stressed, something is up. The mother I took the clone from got pollinated, and now 2 generations of clones, it hasn’t straightened out. Three leaves, stunted growth, loss of vigor. Might have to ditch her after this run, no room for the weak.

A couple more of Schrom. Beast of a plant, and responds well to heavy drenches. Goes dry every two days. It’s a seven gal pot so she soaks up a gallon of at a time. Very vigorous!!

And lastly here is the other chem star pheno I have, a mildly minty, fuely, burnt rubber smelling oddity. The smoke is smooth, but lack luster, however the high is heavy, very pronounced body high, but still clear headed. Great for tv, and slept like a rock.
Her variegated leaves are more evident when mg levels drop off I’ve noticed.

Good night
Looking good DL. The C99 has white spots on the leaves. Have you looked her over for mites?

Looking good DL. The C99 has white spots on the leaves. Have you looked her over for mites?
Hi Morglie,
Those spots are from thrips, they were only on her. In her weakened, stressed state, they were attracted to her. I apply leaf wash to everything that is vegging or early in bloom, in both rooms when ever I see them.

Growing high brix I notice that the strongest of the plants seem immune to pest investations, while anything stressed gets attacked. I’ve never had mites, only fungus Knats and thrips. The thrips pop up every 6-8 months or so. The little silvery spots on the leaves are the clue to me.

Good eye bud

Little update:

I transplanted 3 Golden Pineapples and 1 Genius a couple nights ago. The GP has been a big hit, so I’m planning to have a bunch ready just in time for Christmas. They are purring along nicely. They have responded well to heavy TP drenches cranking the soil up. I got the tomatoe cages on too, which is so much easier when they are small. Genius is a little limp, she was dry when I transplanted her.

Schrom continues to just outgrow everything in my garden.

It’s a full room.

Looking great Dopy! That last pic of Schrom, does the cage do anything? It seems like most of the plant is above the cage which was the case for me on my last grow and they did pretty much nothing BUT I battled high temps and RH so the plants pretty much flopped, actually the cage held the floppy plants up some but it was a mess. They must make taller cages or maybe I can figure a way to install them higher....?

:passitleft:

Looking great Dopy! That last pic of Schrom, does the cage do anything? It seems like most of the plant is above the cage which was the case for me on my last grow and they did pretty much nothing BUT I battled high temps and RH so the plants pretty much flopped, actually the cage held the floppy plants up some but it was a mess. They must make taller cages or maybe I can figure a way to install them higher....?

Hi Ween,

She was below the cage at flip, and 7 days in all the spikes that grew over the cage I bent and tied off to the top ring, like a swirled wreath. All the lower nodes then shot up and formed what you see. It is actually very sturdy. I gave plenty of GE to help form bamboo stems, but she is a big heavy producer so, the tips might flip a bit in the end, we will see!

Take care:passitleft:

Here’s the training for Schrom this go round. Tie the first spikes down, and let the side shoots sprout up. So far everything seems well supported. We’ll see when she starts packing it on.:roorrip:

That's a beast of a plant. Very vigorous. I need to try that with one of my plants. The cages are a great structure to support with.

I've found ones that are around 4ft tall. I've also found that stiff nylon coated wire works well to extend the structure when a plant decides to scoff at our plans for stretch.

That's a beast of a plant. Very vigorous. I need to try that with one of my plants. The cages are a great structure to support with.

I've found ones that are around 4ft tall. I've also found that stiff nylon coated wire works well to extend the structure when a plant decides to scoff at our plans for stretch.
Very creative Morglie! Those look like the tall cages too, and that plant still towered right over them.

I bent the tops when they were still young and bendable. Now that bent area is like bamboo

Very creative Morglie! Those look like the tall cages too, and that plant still towered right over them.

I bent the tops when they were still young and bendable. Now that bent area is like bamboo
That plant was about 12 inches tall in a 1 gallon bucket when it went into flower. Its now eye level with me. It didn't want to stop stretching.

Back
Top Bottom