Looking good DL. I've been fiddling with my drench amounts as well to try and get those crispy leaves under control. I've started upping my drenches, after cutting them back made the matter worse. I'll have to focus on the TP more in that regard. It looks like it's working for you. Its always around Cat time that they start to develope for me.

Looking good DL. I've been fiddling with my drench amounts as well to try and get those crispy leaves under control. I've started upping my drenches, after cutting them back made the matter worse. I'll have to focus on the TP more in that regard. It looks like it's working for you. Its always around Cat time that they start to develope for me.
Doc has mentioned a few times that doing a Super Drench right around mid bloom will typically help combat mid bloom fade. The SD is basically a very heavy trans drench.

I tried the same route with the same results, lighter drenches= crispy leaves especially after the Cats, at least on the plants I’m growing. Others experience may differ.

Doc states it’s better to err on the high side, and now I see what he means. I also scraped the tight regimen of alternating drenches. Now I just look at the plant and try to read what it wants, still taking into consideration what the last drench/drink was. When I see anything lack luster, I go with TP, if things are humming along, I go with GI or water.

:passitleft:

Doc has mentioned a few times that doing a Super Drench right around mid bloom will typically help combat mid bloom fade. The SD is basically a very heavy trans drench.
Thanks. I'll have to go back to doing super drenches. I was seeing it pop up originally as part of a mite attack, but they have been gone now for a cycle and a half and I'm getting them worse now, which coincides with cutting back on drenches. I'll have to go back to being heavier handed when I drench as well.

Thanks. I'll have to go back to doing super drenches. I was seeing it pop up originally as part of a mite attack, but they have been gone now for a cycle and a half and I'm getting them worse now, which coincides with cutting back on drenches. I'll have to go back to being heavier handed when I drench as well.
You are welcome. I tend to notice that I have crispier leaves in the winter months. i think it is due to low rH. In the winter our rH drops down to almost nothing here. I typically see readings of 35-40% in my tents this time of year.

Yes exactly, I do those on my heaviest feeders, with great results.

But.... I figure the more I can head off mid-bloom fade, the better the results will be. Every step from the beginning stages to the final harvest, builds on the next. If I mess up reading what the plants need, it will set things back weeks, and there’s only so many days to go before it will be ripe. I figure every time a plant has to go through stress and recovery (assuming I figure out the remedy) it effects quantity and more importantly quality. Don’t get me wrong, the harvest of a less than optimal plant in Docs system still beats anything I’ve ever grown in hydro. I just keep reaching for the stars when I consume this great plant.:passitleft:

Leaf wash is another great tool I’ve used more lately, as it also feeds as it protects.
Twice in veg, once at flip.

Yes heading off issues is typically best. I have found it is hard with as many plants as i run to keep them all happy. I need to dedicate more time to them which is not always easy to accomplish. i run my lights at night to save on power and there is only so much time I can spend with them after work before I need to sleep to do it again the next day lol.

You are welcome. I tend to notice that I have crispier leaves in the winter months. i think it is due to low rH. In the winter our rH drops down to almost nothing here. I typically see readings of 35-40% in my tents this time of year.
I have the same problem. I just kicked on my humidifier yesterday as my RH had dropped into the 30s.

Yes exactly, I do those on my heaviest feeders, with great results.

But.... I figure the more I can head off mid-bloom fade, the better the results will be. Every step from the beginning stages to the final harvest, builds on the next. If I mess up reading what the plants need, it will set things back weeks, and there’s only so many days to go before it will be ripe. I figure every time a plant has to go through stress and recovery (assuming I figure out the remedy) it effects quantity and more importantly quality. Don’t get me wrong, the harvest of a less than optimal plant in Docs system still beats anything I’ve ever grown in hydro. I just keep reaching for the stars when I consume this great plant.:passitleft:

Leaf wash is another great tool I’ve used more lately, as it also feeds as it protects.
Twice in veg, once at flip.

I use leaf wash regularly. I was hitting plants every time I was watering them, but have backed off to once every week or two for the room now that I haven't seen any pest issues in a while. I was wondering for a while if the frequent wash was causing issues. It seems to be a lack of K from what I can find though. TP and snake oil have some K is them, and hitting with both has helped.

Well, had a little photo shoot with Schrom (flip 35) and Golden Pineapple (flip 20)

Things are starting to smell sweet!!! Like pineapples and lemon flavored aerosol paint.

Hi Yeti!

The Schrom is much frostier this run. I think I satisfied it’s appetite prior to the Cat drenches, and have been rewarded with more trichrome production.:passitleft:
I need to start working on getting my plants as healthy as possible in veg before the flip. I have a lot going on and sometimes veg suffers because of it. The Schrom does look very happy this time bud! You nailed it :high-five:

I need to start working on getting my plants as healthy as possible in veg before the flip. I have a lot going on and sometimes veg suffers because of it. The Schrom does look very happy this time bud! You nailed it :high-five:
Yep, we do out best, but sometimes there’s just too much to do. :passitleft:

It can be overwhelming at times, especially if you fall behind. It seems like I'm in a constant state of ok I gotta get this thing done but this can wait. I have so much weed I really should shut it down for a good long while but I just can't let some of these cuts go.
That’s the problem, we like our cuts, worked hard to find them, and don’t want to lose them. I have let go of three of mine. Bubblegum, C99, and the Jalalabad Star are flowering for the last time. No clones. I just have found better replacements, and have many more seeds to sow. I’m gonna prob let the Chem Stars go too. There good, but I know there is better out there somewhere. Plus hunting for supreme keepers is so much fun. Thinning the herd.

Back
Top Bottom