DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

From the time it first came up, I always put 1/4 Trans in my water - not the drenches, just the straight waterings - they always had 1/4 Trans. Later, I saw Doc clarify that he meant each time you add water, drench or not.

The idea was that the soil biota would benefit from a steady supply. In the early months, Doc and others did some extreme experimenting with the drenches, trying to find a toxic dose, etc. It seemed to Doc that the plants that got steady Trans did better, so he suggested that the more seasoned HB growers give the 1/4 Trans a try. I always did, so I didn't have a control plant to compare to.

But after 3 years, my recommendation is to do it through veg, but be careful to look for odd reactions from bloomers, especially in smaller pots. They'll tend to prefer GE in bloom, with clean water in between. Duggan, in his monster 26 gallon pots, insists on two clean waterings between drenches, and he doesn't use a lot of Transplant in bloom, and I don't think any in veg. A lot of these variances are from environmental differences. The basic schedule works anywhere.

:Namaste:

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

From the time it first came up, I always put 1/4 Trans in my water - not the drenches, just the straight waterings - they always had 1/4 Trans. Later, I saw Doc clarify that he meant each time you add water, drench or not.

The idea was that the soil biota would benefit from a steady supply. In the early months, Doc and others did some extreme experimenting with the drenches, trying to find a toxic dose, etc. It seemed to Doc that the plants that got steady Trans did better, so he suggested that the more seasoned HB growers give the 1/4 Trans a try. I always did, so I didn't have a control plant to compare to.

But after 3 years, my recommendation is to do it through veg, but be careful to look for odd reactions from bloomers, especially in smaller pots. They'll tend to prefer GE in bloom, with clean water in between. Duggan, in his monster 26 gallon pots, insists on two clean waterings between drenches, and he doesn't use a lot of Transplant in bloom, and I don't think any in veg. A lot of these variances are from environmental differences. The basic schedule works anywhere.

Yes, great read Gray. You are most correct sir! I have found that in the one's , while they are very small , i only give a little TP while they're in those and NO GE at all until they get in the big pots. I did say however , if you are using smallish pots then more TP should be used ...makes sense. After plants get larger , then more TP should be used as well . The amount of soil you are using (size of pots)is the biggest factor on how to apply the 'kit' liquids! When my plants get larger , in the 26ers i too, give 1/4 TP between Drenches , but ONLY after a GE Drench or the second watering after a TP drench and not every time either. For me , i have found , the more soil we grow with the better the grow turns out....and the less issues i have ....usually!:tokin:

Sorry for the lapse of reply here. My wife has been ill for a couple months...Dr's not sure what it is yet...many tests. Sunday she took a turn for the worse, and is in the hospital now, and I've been staying with her through this day and night. Hope to have answers soon.

Sorry for the lapse of reply here. My wife has been ill for a couple months...Dr's not sure what it is yet...many tests. Sunday she took a turn for the worse, and is in the hospital now, and I've been staying with her through this day and night. Hope to have answers soon.

Hey DL, I hope your wife start to feel better bud. I understand what your going through. Well wishes sir .

Sorry to hear that DL.. Throwing some good vibes to you and the wife, hope all is well soon.

Stay strong. I'm there with you. Spent the whole weekend with my wife in the hospital as well. She's getting ready to go in to surgery. Wishing you well in diagnosis and treatment brother.

Stay strong. I'm there with you. Spent the whole weekend with my wife in the hospital as well. She's getting ready to go in to surgery. Wishing you well in diagnosis and treatment brother.

Thoughts are with you as well!!!

Hey DL I was thinking about you bud, hope the wife and you are doing better or at least the hopes are positive my friend!!

Hey DL, I hope your wife start to feel better bud. I understand what your going through. Well wishes sir .

Sorry to hear that DL.. Throwing some good vibes to you and the wife, hope all is well soon.

Smoke and prayers DL I know it's gotta be so hard for you and your lady. We are all sending love to you both.

Thanks guys for the show of support! Really means the world to me!

I'm so sorry for you and your wife Morglie. Also wishing you both a treatable diagnosis as well. Events like these really expose our vulnerabilities, and for me put in prospective how precious my bond is with my wife, and how easily I take for granted our time together.

Hey DL I was thinking about you bud, hope the wife and you are doing better or at least the hopes are positive my friend!!

Just checking in, hoping things are going ok for you and the wife.

Hey DL, I'm sorry to hear about your wife, sending positive vibes your way my friend!

Thanks Guys, really appreciate the concern, brought a smile to my face to see this.

She is back home, and I have been being a nurse for her these past days. Dr's are 90% sure it is a cardiac preload failure....heart not getting enough blood to pump. She was severely dehydrated, and that was where she went downhill quick. Never knew so much about electrolytes and the bodies need until now. We go back in a week to find out the final diagnosis and treatment.

My journal will be hit or miss for a while, I'm on double duty to do the household chores, care for her, and still put in 8 hours at work each day...I'll get up pics when I can

Again thanks everyone!

No, do not feel that way. Your attitude is , and has always been fantastic around here DL...ok, just sayin bud. You have not lead anyone astray , as you said. I just need to jump in (anyone) anytime i think the reminder is called for. In no way did i mean to demean you or disrespect you OK..you must know this , please, .Gotta book it...got two boys waitin to go to a BBQ. Cheers DL and friends...have a great Sun. afternoon.:Namaste:

Thanks Duggan,
Just was in a bad place emotionally, and it got the best of me.

Doply don't feel bad. I use a bit of trans with every watering myself. I don't recommend it for others, you have to be crazy like me for it to work. But I also never use pure water until final watering. NOT SAYING ANYONE ELSE SHOULD DO THAT! But I do. But then again I am crazy.

Thanks Shiggity for the insight. Im starting to put it together...journaling. I need to realize that everyone's environment/pot size/etc is different, and to post in my journal the amounts of Doc's gear that I use can create a lot of confusion, especially for someone new. Like Doc said...no matter how he writes the instructions, there will always be some confusion...I just don't want to add to that confusion. Your post really helped

Thanks for the knowledge, history, and advice Graytail! I will adjust my journal going forward.

Again thanks Guys! You are some of the heavy hitters here and I appreciate you helping me

Morglie how did your wife do? Was the surgery successful?
She's doing much better, thank you. It ended up being her gallbladder causing all the problems. Surgery on Tuesday and she's been home since Wednesday and is going stir crazy today.

Thanks Duggan,
Just was in a bad place emotionally, and it got the best of me.

Thanks Shiggity for the insight. Im starting to put it together...journaling. I need to realize that everyone's environment/pot size/etc is different, and to post in my journal the amounts of Doc's gear that I use can create a lot of confusion, especially for someone new. Like Doc said...no matter how he writes the instructions, there will always be some confusion...I just don't want to add to that confusion. Your post really helped

Thanks for the knowledge, history, and advice Graytail! I will adjust my journal going forward.

Again thanks Guys! You are some of the heavy hitters here and I appreciate you helping me

I personally didn't promote my journal anywhere for this specific reason. I tend to do things differently and was worried I'd confuse the newbies. I personally have always thought the original instructions were confusing as hell unless you happen to be growing 6 of the same cut, all in 7 gallon pots, and that's something I'll probably never do. I like my variety. I also was a bit worried going that big with pure sativas in my grow room. One plant could easily take over the whole room. It definitely is handy to have some of the vets looking in though. They can keep you from making bone headed moves.

DL I see how detailed you are..... I tend to make it a point of letting you know. Not sure why, well yeah I do, it's because it really shows me your character and I learn a lot from you. I think at times our text can just get confused. That's why we ask questions. That's why I ask question all the time. Cause if not, maybe I could have been missing out, maybe I am missing out.

Listen bud, I really hope things get better around the house. Your wife is in my thoughts, all positivity in our world brother! Keep good thoughts ok!!!!

420-magazine-mobile1063345758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom