DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Today's the big day, gonna harvest both Blue dreams, and both Headband OG's. We are at 56 days PF and the trichomes are completely cloudy, with about 30% amber on the OGs, and 5% on the BD's. The BD are getting another wave of growth of the stigmas, and I could probably go another week with them like last time, but I would like to experience a slightly earlier cut, for comparison. The OG's are ready, they develop this grapefruit aroma that starts to turn spicy the longer I wait. I pulled the plug yesterday, so they have been in the dark for more than 24 hours...something I read on Duggans journal that he does to allow the plants to dump the nutrients back into the soil before harvest. Time to get to work!

OG's

420-magazine-mobile612657983.jpg
420-magazine-mobile402081116.jpg
420-magazine-mobile336494202.jpg
420-magazine-mobile165949195.jpg
420-magazine-mobile141208912.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1963487669.jpg

BD's
420-magazine-mobile1888933325.jpg
420-magazine-mobile613109395.jpg

great job! some awesome looking herb :thumb:

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Dude your plants always look so good! I check your journal when I need to remind myself what I want to aim for long term.
Keep it up man, i'll keep reading and trying to learn

Really great work!

I need to learn all about high brix it seems!

Big day DL! Have fun trimming!

Hi Beavis, just got done, all trimmed and washed, and hanging now. The Blue dreams were thick and bushy!

Wow!....you gonna have some sticky fun:) Smells DL..? Oily or sticky...?:tokin:
Gland heads look to be mostly all milky , with very few clear and almost no amber ,...correct?

Hi Duggs! Yes the smells are citrus grapefruit, with a touch of spicy incense on the OG's, and subdued sour berry funk smells from the Blue Dream. Definitely sticky on both strains...kept gumming up the shears. All trichomes were cloudy, 40% amber on the OG's and 5% amber on the BD's. The OG's ripened quicker this grow, and I took the BD's a little sooner than I have in the past.

great job! some awesome looking herb :thumb:

Thanks Ziggs, nothing compared to the cola monsters your growing! But they fit my space just right. I love harvest day!

Dude your plants always look so good! I check your journal when I need to remind myself what I want to aim for long term.
Keep it up man, i'll keep reading and trying to learn .

Really great work!

I need to learn all about high brix it seems!

Thanks for the kind words GM! Yes this is Doc Buds gear I am using. There are many of us using his kit...most of the people commenting here on my journal. You can see how we all do it in different rooms and environments. So pumped you found us! I've grown for a while, but nothing like what I can do now with Doc Bud's system. He has a journal too. Get to know them all, and we are a helpful friendly bunch too!

DL

I pulled the plug yesterday, so they have been in the dark for more than 24 hours...something I read on Duggans journal that he does to allow the plants to dump the nutrients back into the soil before harvest.

I've done that, but these days my flower area always has a couple plants mid-bloom, so cutting the lights isn't a possibility. I'm running 7 plants in my 5x5 and rotate harvests of 4 plants then 3 plants every 5 weeks.

I've done that, but these days my flower area always has a couple plants mid-bloom, so cutting the lights isn't a possibility. I'm running 7 plants in my 5x5 and rotate harvests of 4 plants then 3 plants every 5 weeks.

Hi Gov,

Yeah sometimes I have the same issue, but this time I could pull the plug. It will be tough to compare the difference, as there are so many variables that could affect the outcome of the flavor, aroma, etc...

But hey if it's good for Duggs, it's good for me!

Well... we have come to the end of this grow. The Bubblegum is Jared up and curing, the Headband OG and Blue Dream are hanging in the drying room. Not much to do today, but wash the room top to bottom with a 10:1 bleach solution. I have the same 3 cultivars that are vegging right now, and will go into bloom in a couple weeks, but I'm not going to journal them, been there done that.

420-magazine-mobile687583845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1272783559.jpg
420-magazine-mobile329525456.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1923251591.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1183120544.jpg

Gonna close down this journal, as I will be very busy with a new project. Popping some C99 beans, regular run, and will need to identify the males, isolate and flower them, as I want this pollen for my future plan, and of course flower all the females, identify the tastiest short pheno of the bunch and clone her.

I will need to do this same process with a bunch of other regular run seeds I have too. Lots of time, work, and patience, and until I get a handle on it I'm not going to journal it on 420. I need to invest my limited time in refining my setup to deal with multiple projects running simultaneously. I hope to journal again once I identify the top picks, and clone them for a full grow.

Here are some strains I have in the future line up:

Rosetta stone
Cindy Haze special
cherry cookie Haze
Sour grape kush
NYC Diesel

Oh and I just located a classic strain in clone only called Genius, legit...he has had her since the late 90s, and was given it by Mr Soul himself for safe keeping!

Well this has been a blast, and I appreciate all the kind words, friendly banter, and helpful suggestions!

See ya all around soon!

DL

Well... we have come to the end of this grow. The Bubblegum is Jared up and curing, the Headband OG and Blue Dream are hanging in the drying room. Not much to do today, but wash the room top to bottom with a 10:1 bleach solution. I have the same 3 cultivars that are vegging right now, and will go into bloom in a couple weeks, but I'm not going to journal them, been there done that.

Gonna close down this journal, as I will be very busy with a new project. Popping some C99 beans, regular run, and will need to identify the males, isolate and flower them, as I want this pollen for my future plan, and of course flower all the females, identify the tastiest short pheno of the bunch and clone her.

I will need to do this same process with a bunch of other regular run seeds I have too. Lots of time, work, and patience, and until I get a handle on it I'm not going to journal it on 420. I need to invest my limited time in refining my setup to deal with multiple projects running simultaneously. I hope to journal again once I identify the top picks, and clone them for a full grow.

Rosetta stone
Cindy Haze special
cherry cookie Haze
Sour grape kush
NYC Diesel

Oh and I just located a classic strain in clone only called Genius, legit...he has had her since the late 90s, and was given it by Mr Soul himself for safe keeping!

Well this has been a blast, and I appreciate all the kind words, friendly banter, and helpful suggestions!

See ya all around soon!

DL

Beautiful harvest! :goodjob:

Rosetta stone
Cindy Haze special
cherry cookie Haze
Sour grape kush
NYC Diesel

See ya all around soon!

DL

That's sweet you got a cutting of genius! That's one of the strains used to create Cindy99, Apollo 13, and same pheno as the male in Rosetta stone. I was researching it recently and decided on Apollo 13. The genius cut is supposed to be very energizing and clear headed.

That's sweet you got a cutting of genius! That's one of the strains used to create Cindy99, Apollo 13, and same pheno as the male in Rosetta stone. I was researching it recently and decided on Apollo 13. The genius cut is supposed to be very energizing and clear headed.

Hopefully soon...

Genius is the mother for the apollo13
Princess is the mother for the Cindy 99
Genius and Princess are sisters

Very pumped!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey DL just wanted to show you how I went from 30 minutes a plant to 10 minutes a plant. Thanks bud, your little system helped tremendously!!

420-magazine-mobile1627333913.jpg
420-magazine-mobile27506538.jpg

Sweet man, glad it worked for you!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thanks Teddy, for all the thing you do for us! Have a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom