420 Magazine Background

Dosage calculation

If I have a strain that has exactly 20% thc.
And from that strain I use 100gram buds to make oil. From 100gram I got 10gram concentrate. How much thc does one gram have?

I figured 200mg but that seems to little. Do I calculate wrong?

Cancer-protocol says one gram a day from this concentrated oil. But if its only 200 mg in one gram that seems little?

I had concentrate bought from a shop that had 88% thc in it. That I was recomended one gram from.

That is 880mg of thc per gram. (?)
 

fanleaf

Well-Known Member
You cannot know what you have for THC % unless you know how concentrated your 10 grams are. Yes, if you have 1 gram of 88% THC then there is 880mg in that gram. 0.5gr=440mg 0.25=220mg and so on..

The problem in the first part of your post is that you don't know a few things. First is how effective you were at stripping the THC from the 100 grams. Secondly is what else did you strip with the THC. The only way to accurately dose your 10 grams of concentrate is to have it tested. You may get close by guessing that it is 80% or 85% etc but it will always be just that, A guess
 

Gadfly

Well-Known Member
A strain that has tested at 20% THC doesn’t mean that the entire crop is 20% or that what we have is at 20%. It just means the sample that was turned in tested at that amount. Nugs at different parts of the plant may test higher or lower. Other things may also impact the accuracy of the initial test results. For example, it may have tested at 20% when the farmer took it in, but by the time it hits the shelf, gets sold, and ends up in your pipe, it may have degraded considerably. Testing out what you have is the only way to know.
 

fanleaf

Well-Known Member
A strain that has tested at 20% THC doesn’t mean that the entire crop is 20% or that what we have is at 20%. It just means the sample that was turned in tested at that amount. Nugs at different parts of the plant may test higher or lower. Other things may also impact the accuracy of the initial test results. For example, it may have tested at 20% when the farmer took it in, but by the time it hits the shelf, gets sold, and ends up in your pipe, it may have degraded considerably. Testing out what you have is the only way to know.
Agree 100%
I also have often wondered if things can go the opposite way as far as concentration. For instance I have made batches of wax that ended up being what I call "sugar wax", its the consistency of if you could imagine a tablespoon of brown sugar with a few drops of honey mixed in. After more than a month it can lose some of the liquid consistency and become more of a solid. In that process I'm sure some of the THC has degraded however I have also lost a considerable amount of weight in "liquid" leaving the wax more concentrated.
Another example would be that if I remove wax from the vacuum chamber a few hours sooner I can end up wit a more flexible wax, but if left in a few more hours I can "dry" it more and always end up with lighter weight but it's always shatter now. Same kind of comparison. So that leaves me wondering if sometimes it gets more concentrated over time even though some THC has degraded. Can losing liquid weight over time lead to more THC by volume?
Just something to think about.
 
Last edited:
My question was just theoretic. I know I have to get it tested to know for shure.
If We play with the Numbers, pretendent We know the factors. Can someone help me understand how to calculate.?
 

fanleaf

Well-Known Member
My question was just theoretic. I know I have to get it tested to know for shure.
If We play with the Numbers, pretendent We know the factors. Can someone help me understand how to calculate.?
What do you need exactly?
Just remember that there is 1000mg in 1 gram always...
So if your concentrate is 70% THC you have 700mg per gram
If it's 75% you have 750mg per gram of concentrate
82% you have 820mg per gram and so on and so on.
Is that what you were looking for?
 
Well first hand I just wanted to learn how to calculate this right, -even if just in theory.
What started this was that I have this labtested concentrate at 88% thc.
And I thought that they used some fancy tech to make it this strong. And that when you make your own concentrate it Will be more like 200mg thc per gram (20%)
And the dosage-recomendation is a gram a day of those ’strong’ oils at 70-90% cbd/thc.
Then I needed to figure out how much of this homemade concentrate one needs to take.

But after finnishing my batch of concentrate and tasted it, I realized that I got just as stoned on the same amount of the homemade cco that I did from the lab-tested 88% I normaly use.

So then I figured that it cant be right. Somewhere along the way I must have missunderstand how I should calculates this..

The point is not to get the exakt number of my homemade cco as I do understand that there are to many factors that matters and only a labtest can tell. But then again there must be some way to calculate this with made-up Numbers to get a better understanding?

Its very illegal here to Cure your own cancer..( haha say what ?,-how sick is that?)
So to send my product to a lab Will be a to big of a risk and out of the question..

Anyway I followed the steps from sweetsue cannabis oil thread. Can some of you let me know your labresults and also tell method and strain so I can see roughly where the number use to land.(?)

Happy new year to all of you!
 

fanleaf

Well-Known Member
How many mg are you needing per dose? I ask because let's just say its 50 for the sake of this message. Well if you just figure your concentrate is 80% then even if your off by 10% either way your dose will still be very close. If you just say its 80% and you need 50mg dose then you would get 16 doses from 1 gram. But if your stuff is actually 90% thx but u guessed 80 your 16 doses would be 55mg each. See what I mean? Even if you are off on that 80% thc guess by 10% either way on a 50mg dose you dose would be 45mg if it's actually 70% and 55mg if 90%.
 
Well. The recomendation I got from the shop is to be exactly is one gram cco a day. Or actully 0.5 gram of this thc oil at 88%
That is 440mg of thc per day.
And half a gram of the cbd oil which is about 70% wich Will be 350mg thc.
I should updose the cbd as I actully should be taken 1:1 between cbd and thc.

So now I calculate just with these Numbers:

100gram of bud, tested at 20% thc
That is 2000mg of thc per 100gram.
After the Quickwash, alkohol removed and decarboxylation I ended upp with 10.5 gram ready product. Lets say 10 gram to make calcultion easyer.
In my head that means that one gram is ”only” 200 mg thc.
100gram bud at 20% = 100g*20mg=2000mg

2000mg total of thc and 10gram ready product = 2000mg/10g= 200mg per gram



That is a huge differense from the shops oil that contains 880mg thc per gram.

Half a gram of mine would be 100mg and half a gram of the shops oil is 440mg
That is to much of a differens to medicate cancer thing like cancer etc.


But when having a taste at the same dose of my homemade cco as the 88% cco from the shop I ended upp just as stoned as with the one with 88% from the shop.
So I figured that I can not calculate like that?
 

Bigworm1982

Active Member
You are missing some vital information, when you say your bud is 20% thc the other 80% is plant material and after the wash the plant material is no longer in the oil. Thc content of the weed is not important and not any way to tell how strong your oil is.

Forget about thc% in the oil and focus on the dose. 1 gram of oil is 1000mg.
The quicker the wash the higher the thc%
But in your case for cancer treatment you want a long soak to take all the goodies out of the plant material for your benifit.
 
Top Bottom