Dosage for dog: CBD Oil

Magnus8

Hi. My dog has been incredibly anxious since her playmate was run over by a drunk driver.

Vet agreed we should try CBD oil for her anxiety.

I have 0/10 thc/cbd oil.
Greta weighs 70 lbs and is very active.

Can anyone suggest what might be her dosage range?

Thanks so much.
~Magnus

I think the general rule is .25mg per lb..
So for a 70lb dog about 17mg twice a day.
My math skills are non existent. I have a syringe that measures in 0.05 ml increments and my oil is 10% CBS but I have no idea how to convert that to mg.

Any advice?

Thanks for the answer though. Now I just have to figure out how to convert what I've got into an adequate dosage...

~Magnus

On your bottle should list how many mg of CBD per ml.
Mine says it has 43mg CBD per 0.5ml

0.5ml is roughly 10 drops, each drop of oil that I use is 4mg.
For my dog that means I give her one drop, shes a 13lb Chihuahua, we call her a Chibull because shes very muscular like a little baby Pit Bull.

For your dog using my oil it would be 4 drops.

Yours will probably be different.
Easy to figure out once you know how much CBD per 0.5ml which should be listed on the bottle

Thanks so much! I've got it figured out now. After figuring it out I realized that I was giving her about the correct dose. But it's good to be reassured.

Best,
~Magnus

Hello, guys thanks for the advice, I decided to give my dog CBD drops as well. I hope it will help him with anxiety!

I know that CBD oil helps people and even pets to overcome anxiety. My dog suffers from anxiety when I leave him alone. Our house had been robbed a couple of years ago, and since that moment, my dog was terrified to be "home alone". If we leave him alone for more than one hour, he either begins to destroy stuff or lies under the bed shaking from fear. I had tried everything until I came across this blog — https://moderndogmagazine.com/articles/best-cbd-oil-dogs/132230. In one of the blog posts, the author suggested trying CBD oil. Luckily for me, this method helped my dog.

I give my baby CBD oil everyday for the past 6 years as hopefully a cancer prevention.
Cannabinoids are good to keep the body in homeostasis, everything working well.
I used it on her when she was bitten by a copperhead and it worked great.
She went from severe pain and not able to walk to 30 minutes later jumped off the couch and asking to go pee.
I have also used it to dissolve lypomas on her skin and it worked.

It worked on me also, the CBD oil drew out two nasty looking spots on my skin and they flaked right off.

20210207_111319.jpg

20210325_114543.jpg

20180405_191002.jpg

20180416_191510.jpg

20200927_181848.jpg

20200927_175837.jpg

Back
Top Bottom