Double closet grow!

bobbydigital4

Hey y'all,

I wanted to throw it out for some advice on getting a second closet up and running for mama and her girls. I had been on sabbatical since roughly 2007 but yes, oh yes, I am finally back to the real world. I decided to get back into things with a package from Nirvana, amazing shipping, but I started in a walk in closet with a 4x4 secret jardin with O.G. Kush and Bubba auto's. Just began flowering and things are going excellent. Now I want to prepare for my dream plan....a perpetual run! I have 10 Master Kush fems I had saved and want to only sprout a few to get a good mother in a second closet. Problem is that this closet is only 20" deep but 4' wide and easily 8' tall. Can you guys through out some suggestions or ideas on tent options? or how to make the space usable w/o a tent? It is a forgotten closet right inside my front door for coats but I'm totally alone, nobody comes here period, let alone to that door. But, the closet looks directly into my living room couch so If i have my folks visit to watch a football game I can't have 1) light 2)noise 3)odor. Im not too worried bout the odor for just a mother and clone closet but still....

Any ideas? I'm open to any and all suggestions, this field has really bypassed me in the last decade.

Thanks in advance,
The Good General

I started my current grow in a closet of similar size (22"dx5'wx8'h)

I made a light proof door by hanging a slightly oversized section of black tarp on the inside of the closet;
pin the top corners and centre so you can tape the entire edge (use quality duct tap, ideally gorilla tape)
*beware, this will take the paint off your drywall in some cases*
measure the centre of the "door" and attach an adhesive zipper, then cut a line down the middle and you now have a zipper door.

i added a sheet of black poly to act as a buffer behind my back when i opened the zipper, as my closet faces a window and we all know what bright lights in a house means..
GreenRoom-01.jpg

View image in gallery

my closet was ventilated through the ceiling, but I had thought about making a small panel from some thin plywood or plastic or something and venting it out the top of the tarp door; something like that might work with a small computer fan or two, maybe one at each top corner.. if you have people over, you could always turn the fans off for a couple hours as long as its not too warm in there. beware of extension cords leading into the closet tho too if thats a concern for you.

good luck!

Thanks for the ideas king snake. I am a home remodeler so I have already ran a dedicated GFI outlet into the closet. Im really at rock n roll stage I just need to remedy the hum of a fan and possible leakage of light which had me leaning at tent, but i like the manufactured zipper!!

oh yeah, perfect; that sounds like it will work well then.

i was happy with the way the door worked

depending on lighting you could put in a half width shelf on one side to make 2 layers of clones, with vertical space left for the mum on the opposite side - double your "floor space" for planters - though it may mean adding a second or third light source depending on what you're using..

Back
Top Bottom