Double H & MarsHydro Sponsored Journal: Perseverance

New girls keeping you on your toes already, huh HH!? Interested to see what this mutant does for you.
Haha, you’re not kidding DAB! I’m interested to see too and I’m thinking about topping. I want to hear from carcass, I swear he had to top at the first or second node, and had a good turn out from it. I just can’t remember how low he topped.
I wanna see what happens to the mutant....for science!

"Life will find a way."- Dude from Jurassic Park....possibly Jeff Goldblum:hmmmm: I canna remember..
Lol, life does find a way! I once saw a seed sprout itself from a sink :laughtwo:

I just did a bit of recon and found a post carcass made about his runt.
Thanks, HashGirl!

I believe in runts!

This is my Alaskan Purple auto runt from last year- it was actually "runtier" than the Iced Grapefruit...
I had to top it down to the first node-
Topped 2_17.jpg

And here she is at harvest time...(she recovered pretty well
:)
)
H1.jpg
I’m thinking I might do this too, when lights come on tonight.

Carcass is a madman with what he can do with plants. Good luck HH.
It’s true! I’m no carcass, that’s for sure, but - - - it is done.
0F3150AF-0160-4FEF-A704-56B2C599A8F1.jpeg
We’ll see how it goes from here :nervous-guy:

I just want you to know we're all counting on you.
Lol, no pressure. Cool as a polar bear’s toenails.

I feel like @Carcass had some sort of similar situation, and I’m wondering if I should top her?
. I want to hear from carcass, I swear he had to top at the first or second node, and had a good turn out from it.
I just did a bit of recon and found a post carcass made about his runt.
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday to answer your question, HH- It was baby Nova's day, and that little girl
keeps me running all day long!
I'm glad you found the post with the mutant Alaskan Purple auto- and you made the right decision to top her - she'll look pretty pathetic for a few days, but they always look worse before they look better!
I hope she ends up a record breaker for you!
The Iced Grapefruit I'm growing now started life as a runty mutant also, but topping got her back on track.

Hello all! I hope you’re all having a nice weekend and happy Mother’s Day to all the 420 moms/spouses! I’ve been having a very spoiled day full of surprises, even from my little seedlings. Specifically from that little wacko mandarin xl.

When I topped her, I just used my fingernails and pinched. I noticed the upper part of the stem was about twice as thick as the lower part. Whatevs, I topped and moved on with my day. Well, this morning, she revealed her little surprise.
5391F048-0653-460F-8A68-D04F2F5E9936.jpeg

B5CD0E21-6EF6-48E5-902D-60CDD3F70B5B.jpeg
I guess the nodes were trapped inside the stem? I dunno, but I’ll take whatever extra she has to give! Just one more reason to leave a big stump. :laughtwo: We’ll have to see how it looks as it grows out more. Go lil runt, go!

Lol, that’s the big news for the day. I hope you’re all doing well and staying safe! :love:

Hello all! I hope you’re all having a nice weekend and happy Mother’s Day to all the 420 moms/spouses! I’ve been having a very spoiled day full of surprises, even from my little seedlings. Specifically from that little wacko mandarin xl.

When I topped her, I just used my fingernails and pinched. I noticed the upper part of the stem was about twice as thick as the lower part. Whatevs, I topped and moved on with my day. Well, this morning, she revealed her little surprise.
5391F048-0653-460F-8A68-D04F2F5E9936.jpeg

B5CD0E21-6EF6-48E5-902D-60CDD3F70B5B.jpeg
I guess the nodes were trapped inside the stem? I dunno, but I’ll take whatever extra she has to give! Just one more reason to leave a big stump. :laughtwo: We’ll have to see how it looks as it grows out more. Go lil runt, go!

Lol, that’s the big news for the day. I hope you’re all doing well and staying safe! :love:
Way cool!

Hello again grow buddies. I’ve got an update on our little weirdo, she sure is being interesting!

Mandarin cream xl
41DD6C4B-1C8D-4A49-83A9-D51C226DE473.jpeg

I thought I would only end up with 2 stems, but I do believe I’ll end up having 4!!! :slide:

Northern lights
B307FAEA-5E5B-4D41-BEB0-D3B5BF85D9B1.jpeg

Stardawg
C203DE6E-02D8-4F5D-B623-C083BC70DF40.jpeg
Now I need to decide what I’ll do for training. She’s just starting to develop node 5. I’m thinking I’ll remove the lowest node and top above 4, once there enough space for me to get to it. That’ll be 6 arms and I think that’s what I did with my last grow with topped autos.

They’re all being fed 2g/gallon today and I’ll bump it up for the next feed.

That’s the catch up for today, I hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are green. :)

I thought I would only end up with 2 stems, but I do believe I’ll end up having 4!!!
She wants to grow, and she doesn't care where the branches come from!

When I topped my Iced G. I figured on 2 branches growing, but I ended up with 3 - the third one just sorta came out of nowhere...I guess that's why we call 'em mutants! (or weirdos...or mutant weirdos...)
The Northern Lights and Stardawg are coming along nicely!

Weirdo or not, she's growing!
Twice as well as I’d hoped!
She wants to grow, and she doesn't care where the branches come from!

When I topped my Iced G. I figured on 2 branches growing, but I ended up with 3 - the third one just sorta came out of nowhere...I guess that's why we call 'em mutants! (or weirdos...or mutant weirdos...)
The Northern Lights and Stardawg are coming along nicely!
Lol, that’s these two too! Just came outta nowhere, locked inside the stem. I’m just glad I didn’t cut them off, I never would’ve known what I was missin!

Hey there buds! I did a little training to update today.
Stardawg was topped and node 1 removed.
B1EB7B15-1B54-4C4C-9339-89A75F8F9A56.jpeg
That leaves her with 6 arms, let’s see what she can do!

Northern lights is starting to put her foot on the pedal.
155F5F01-4A29-4C16-A0DD-8486512CC37B.jpeg

Last up, mandarin cream xl and her funny nodes... the problem is they are stacked on top of each other and not the typical + shape. I just used her leaves to attempt to twist that upper node at least enough for some light to reach those lowers.
91ACA913-F2AD-4FA5-B0AF-09688CA65318.jpeg
Our funny little pretzel.. I am happy with how quickly that upper node is filling in.

That’s the haps around here! Hope you have a great weekend all! :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom