Double H: Second Grow With MarsHydro, SP3000 Over Three Autos

The state of OG is - nothing is improving. She’s still not drinking, she’s still eating her leaves up. She’s looking pretty friggin terrible.
I’m really out of options right now. My frame of mind is, hoping she can mature a little more before I have to chop; and I’ll just take what I can get from her. Even bigger bummer is that she was supposed to be night-timey, so letting her go more amber would’ve been more optimal. Oh well. I must say, I won’t miss seeing her, she’s frightful!

Sorry to hear about your OG, HH. I've had plants like that so I totally understand why you want to chop her down. I think you should check the trichomes, pull off the icky looking leaves and flush like others have said. If you pull off the ugly leaves, it should be easier for you to keep her going.

Time to break out the thumb!
49E1A11F-8251-41A6-B2CB-AE1141085625.jpeg

She’s a little lighter in color than I’d like. Some lower leaves are slowly yellowing, so I’ll be keeping an eye on that.

That’s it for now. I hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are green as Mr. S’s. ;)

Love the thumb pic. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your OG, HH. I've had plants like that so I totally understand why you want to chop her down. I think you should check the trichomes, pull off the icky looking leaves and flush like others have said. If you pull off the ugly leaves, it should be easier for you to keep her going.

Love the thumb pic. :thumb:
Thanks HG :love: I just checked trichomes this morning, and they’re a little closer. They are almost to cloudy; they’re cloudy with a little dot of clear on a lot of them, the rest are full cloudy.. I would guess another two weeks would be best, I just don’t know if she’ll make it that long.

A new update on the OG today, I did a correct flush for her this afternoon, and I tried to let her drip as much as possible before I put her back in the tent. All that water really spikes the rh, however, it was sitting at 35% before the watering, so hopefully it will all just work out perfectly. :cheesygrinsmiley:

While I had OG drip drying a bit, I cleaned up her leaves a little and noticed the look on some of the sugars.
F0F784F6-46BA-4318-8617-2F9DF7E228C0.jpeg
94D12F18-2787-461A-89C2-E05F6DC2CCDD.jpeg

I realize it cold just be more leaf damage, but that sure looks like fade to me.

Either way, I followed the flush up with 2 separate, 1-gallon waterings (5.25g/gal MC + .5g/gal epsom salt.) Let her do her final drip dry and put her into the middle position in the tent. Then I pointed the air intake hose straight at her pot. I’m hoping the direct airflow will help dry out all that soaked promix.

Whew! Now I really feel like I’ve done everything I can to help her. Hindsight says I should have done it all sooner, but it’s too late for that now! :laughtwo: We’ll see if she can make it those couple more weeks now, but even if she can’t, she’s already in the harvest window.

Now we watch and wait! :popcorn:
Thank you all so much for the help trying to figure this crazy girl out. :Namaste:

Ride that Og as long as you can Hh! Looks like she will be in the harvest window soon. You’ve done everything you can for her so you can rest easy knowing that!

Hi all! I have a quick new update for the MarsHydro tent today. Pics were taken yesterday am.

Jack Herer
E5A38A66-0EB1-4832-9BDC-22D64432D499.jpeg
Proud Mary keep on burnin. She’s easily the biggest of the three, and she’s starting to flop outward a bit, with the weight of the colas. In fact, with how few changing pistils she’s showing so far, I’m interested to see just how far they’ll go. I think I’ll do some “bud spreading,” a technique I learned from Amy a while back. I checked to see if I bookmarked her post, but no luck. Maybe Shed will save the day with a link? Either way, the short version is to gently pull each individual bud of the cola outward, (using a leaf tip if possible) on every big cola. The idea is to create space and airflow within the cola. I’ve lost buds, even entire plants to mold or rot, so I’ll give it a go and see if we can’t stop that from happening.

OG Kush
D338500E-F9EE-4686-9930-5D5D5DFF2D07.jpeg
Oh, OG Kush…… poor dear. I can’t tell if she’s better or same. I don’t think she’s worse, but come on.. it’s hard to see at this point. :laughtwo: I gave each girl a lift today and I was very surprised when OG felt like she’s almost ready for more water! Either the flush helped, or the air blowing directly at her pot, both? Either way, I’m happy to keep her going as long as I can.

Mandarin Cream xl
C8B00403-2FAA-474C-8081-13A1488B971F.jpeg
She’s probably pretty close to 50/50 on her turning pistils. She’ll definitely be the second to finish. Strong and steady the entire grow, if only they could all be so easy!

Here’s the fam.
(JH, OG, Mandarin)
E84294FC-CDA0-4C43-832E-F9F4061194DC.jpeg

That’s the update for today. Stay safe out there my lovelies! :love:

Beautiful! :yummy: Even OG
Who, by the way, could lose those severely damaged leaves now. They have done their job and only invite pests and disease at this point. You’ll also be better able to see any progression of the previous deficiencies or any other issues.

Your Mandarin Cream xl is sure looking tasty. It won’t be long now before you get to start trimming a few of those beauties.
Thanks Nev! Luckily this is my second one and I still have some buds from the first. I think I’ll be able to finish harvesting this one before I run out, but it might be close. o_O Thankfully Mr H has switched off to another kind. That guy plows through some buds!:laughtwo:
:hippy::ciao: Your plants look so lovely. It weird that the OG is just not happy when everyone else is. Could it be genetics? Can plants have allergic reactions to nutrients? That’s what it looks like to me…and I’m a little purple Lemonade stoned…. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Boo! I know she’s a real pill, huh? The best guess I can make is that the promix hp doesn’t buffer as well as the bx/hp combo? Caused a lockout and I didn’t fix it fast enough. I can’t imagine the lights were too strong for her, but it does look similar to the Stardawg I grew last round. And that was a poor girl I just fried. Who knows what happened? The world may never know. :D

Great looking plants, HH!.
OGK is a little "different" looking, but she's got some real nice buds on her!

Getting closer to the finish Hh! Mandarin and Jh are looking great! Even though Og has been a bit of a drama queen I’m sure she will give you some tasty nugs when it’s all said and done.

Hey everyone! I hope you’re all well, I’ve been meaning to get on here for a while now. We had a kid bday and so I was pretty preoccupied with all that. But I do need some helps again with my girls, so I’ll get on with it.

First off, OG has started drinking again, so it does seem like the flush and feed helped (once I flushed right!) It’s still drinking on the slow side, but at least she’s drinking. It also looks like she’s trying to push out some new pistils! :D crazy girl.
56BB81F1-D996-4C60-A314-2CDD0A695D19.jpeg

And now the other two, I need help with. Jack Herer is showing yellowing on some upper leaves. I’ve been feeding MC at 5.25 lately, so I would think an increase would fix that up. But I’d like to hear any other ideas too.
B7233AC0-6C2F-4D85-9B5B-015B896E8BC6.jpeg
CF3ACDF4-31EF-48E8-8023-88303815B1D6.jpeg

And now the girl I really need some help with, mandarin cream xl.
CD3383B2-7303-40E8-976C-EE0C33291FF2.jpeg
53C0CD67-0F44-4A92-ADE1-0E857E7FE93B.jpeg
Maybe she’s just underfed too? But it seems like more. Splotches and yellowing.
DD16B1FF-4708-4983-AB03-AC8081320F6E.jpeg
This is the worst leaf.
D292B418-986B-4E8F-9A13-608D1D83EC46.jpeg

Yikes. Anyhow, that’s the state of things right now. They’re at 12 weeks today, so I’d imagine they’ll start wrapping things up soon. I haven’t checked OG’s trichomes lately, since she’s hanging in there and drinking again. Maybe I’ll get some amber trichs from her yet!

Thanks for being there for me, grow buddies! It makes problems like this so much less stressful. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom