Dozens Of Businesses In South Florida Register For Medical Marijuana Licenses

The General

Dozens of businesses in the state of Florida have already registered for medical marijuana licenses, even though a vote won't come until November. Delray Beach attorney Darren Odesnik wants a piece of the medical marijuana pie. "Ideally, I'd like to have a retail establishment," said Odesnik. Odesnik's just one of 14 businesses in Palm Beach county that have registered with the state to be licensed as a medical marijuana business anticipating the vote will pass November 4.

His businesses, Cannabis Center of South Florida and Starbudz LLC, will potentially be dispensaries. Odesnik said, "The Florida Department of Health estimates they're going to be about 420,000 registered patients and about 1800, 1900 dispensaries. So, even if the state doesn't allow you to cultivate your own, they'll be a number of retail establishments that are going to be needed to supply the market." 20 states and the District of Columbia have passed a medical marijuana law.

If the law passes in Florida, it will become the nation's fourth most populous state to sell the drug. Odesnik said it's a win win for the state and patients looking for help. "I think it's been proven where other states have allowed that people really do benefit from this type of product and that's why I think it's so important to have a diversified supply and really educate people as to what they're getting and what they're doctor is recommending," said Odesnik. California, the state with the most residents, brings in 59 to 109 million dollars of estimated tax revenue each year. Recent polls in Florida show 60 to 70 percent of voters support the measure.

joint11.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Wptv.com
Author: Jamel Lanee'
Website: Dozens of businesses in South Florida register for medical marijuana licenses before November vote - wptv.com

Come on FL! I would move to CO for a job in the industry, but I dislike winter too much! FL would be the best of everything for me. I'll pack up in a heartbeat, and try to find myself a job I could enjoy, working with the plants I love so much!

Back
Top Bottom