DP Blue Berry Problem

ganjo

I need some advise from someone experienced with DP Blueberry. I planned on vegging for 5 weeks but made a stupid mistake with my timer. I accidentally left the timer on the "on" position instead of the "auto" setting so basically I've been vegging for 8 weeks not 5. I worried about running out of space during flowering. The plant is 23" tall and I can grow up 40" without issues. I just corrected the timer issue and flowered on 3 days ago. I have 17inches left to flower. With this strain, what would you do? Top it or leave it alone? For those of you with Blue Berry experience, what type of growth did you notice after flowering? Any input will be appreciated.

Use LST, don't top it...you want to stress it as little as possible during flower and if you're at 23" already you should be going to flower soon unless you want to really "bush it out" with the LST. Basically you just bend the top of the plant over about 90 degrees and tie it in place using anything that won't harm the plant. Usually best done after a good watering when the plant has the most water in it to reduce the chance of breaking the stem, especially at that height. Don't bend it any further than it can safely bend of course but the idea is to move the auxins (growth hormones) from the tip of the plant to farther down the stem. This is readily achieved because auxin naturally goes to the highest point of the plant and instructs it to grow more from that point. If the tip is bent down so it is no longer the highest point the auxin will move to where ever that point is and you'll begin to see new shoots starting to grow up and out from the main stem...even from the underside!

You can check both my journals but the second one is easier to find the LST pics (look on page 6 or 7 I think). MountainHigh has also been using LST with great success in his journal, shouldn't be hard to find in the grow journal forum. Also you can google it or search with this forum's search engine. Here is a link to one thread about it:

How can I train my plants for a lower profile?

You will need to train it...top it...or super crop it...from seed it will double easily in size
If you had room i would top and clone up some of this great strain ...hope this heps...here's link to lst LST you could tie her down even this late in the game and top what you can't tie down.

Back
Top Bottom