DP StarRyder & Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto - Balcony - First Grow

Your reply made my day Bapple. The nickname is inspired from a Portuguese soup, "Sopa de Cavalo Cansado". The working man's soup. The man's soup. It's the soup where you put some wine in a bowl, add bread, eat with a spoon. A dear Portuguese friend told me about it and it just stayed with me.

I have another post on the FAQ section and the explanation that was even remotely close to a diagnosis is Phosphorus lockout. Since I don't have pH equipment and must get out of town tomorrow, I'll probably lose her.

As for the toxicity: I also think that this is rather odd and something else must've happened. It's not just odd, it also happened quite rapidly, maybe like in half-an-hour. I'm quite sure that it's not cat-piss though. :)

Blue Cheese Auto, with exactly the same treatment, is doing better than ever. I'm hoping that she stays healthy.

Thank you guys. I knew that first grow wouldn't be smooth. I'm experimenting without a lot of control over the environment. All good for the learning.

Cheers!

If it is outdoors perhaps you have an infestation of some sort, until you figure this out quarantine the plant so as to prevent cross contamination.

I would do a mosquito dunk, they kill larvae and do not harm the plant. This will reign in the infestation if there is one.

I know on an episode of Trailer park boys Ricky had to borrow a kitty from Bubbles to help keep the squirrels away.

[video=youtube;Cqg4aF1q6fk]
[/video]

Cheers

Day 17

Blue Cheese Auto is vigorously growing and has pre-flowers, StarRyder is kind of miserable. I should end her misery, right? If so, do you guys recommend using the same soil for a new seed? I know that normally I should add Pre-Mix and Worm Humus but the soil is still probably hot. What do you think?

Here are some pictures.

StarRyder

Blue Cheese Auto

Btw, thank you for the suggestion SeedLab, I'll check if I can get my hands of some mosquito dunk.

Cheers!

Don't kill her yet she might come around, looks like new shoots are still forming.

Next time I grow I'm gonna use Light-Mix for the seedling and then transplant into All-Mix or just make a hole in the All-Mix and put Light-Mix in and let the roots grow into the All-Mix.

Blue Cheese Auto's looking really nice:thumb:

Welcome to the exciting world of Cannabis cultivation! I started my current outdoor grow around the same time as you, so I will keep my eye on your thread. I wouldn't give up on the SR yet. The new growth looks healthy and I've seen some sickly plants turn out very well.

Thank you mate, I'll give it some more time.

Don't kill her yet she might come around, looks like new shoots are still forming.

Next time I grow I'm gonna use Light-Mix for the seedling and then transplant into All-Mix or just make a hole in the All-Mix and put Light-Mix in and let the roots grow into the All-Mix.

Blue Cheese Auto's looking really nice:thumb:

That's more or less what I'm doing here, and going great so far. We'll see how that'll turn out, but I don't think that there'll be complications due to soil being hot.

Day 20 - LST

Hey everyone!

Although StarRyder is showing some signs of growth, it's quite slow. The growth is dramatically stunted now and I'm not sure if it's gonna worth keeping it.

Blue Cheese Auto on the other hand is growing rapidly. So rapidly, that, I had to keep it under control. :)

She started getting taller and taller. I thought it would be a good idea to tie her down. I think it'll be ok.

Here's how they look:

StarRyder

Blue Cheese Auto

Cheers!

Big Update

Day 23 - New Kids on the Block, Pests & LST

Hey people!

It's been a hard week for a concerned father. I'll try to keep this update organized under sections.

New Kids on the Block
I've been saving 2 StarRyder seeds in the fridge and I also had some All-Mix left. I got some peat compost and mixed it with the remaining All-Mix and sow the seeds. I unfortunately couldn't get my hands on perlite but both peat and All-Mix have some perlite so I went ahead. After 2 and a half days, both broke ground. One of them seems weaker then the other but I think she'll catch up.

SR#1

SR#2

Blue Cheese Auto

Some minor pest problems aside, she's seems to be doing very well.

I noticed a single thrip, I exterminated it and seems like I don't have any more of these. Although it did some damage, it's very little (you can see the whitish lines on the leaves on later pictures.

Here's the little fucker

I've also noticed some leave-biting caused probably by some other pest. It's also not persistent.

I'm still LSTing it, hopefully in a right way. I need pointers especially on this subject. The main kola doesn't seem to get longer since I started LSTing. I've seen faster growth in lower nodes though. The following photo show clearly how I'm going about it. Please do check them out and let me know what you think.

And some portraits...
You can see thrip damage on this one.

Sick StarRyder

This is not at all going well.

As you can see, there's very very little growth. There are no preflowers yet. Leaves point to some deficiency. It's not that it's a burden for me to keep it, but I'm seriously considering killing it and cooking its leaves. I'll wait a bit more but I kind of lost hope on this one.

Feeding
I started feeding Blue Cheese Auto and the old StarRyder very lightly. 0,5ml per Lt Fish-Mix. I also spray with water mixed with very little amounts of Fish-Mix and Epsom Salt.

If you're reading this line, thank you for your patience. :)

Cheers!

That Blue Cheese Auto is looking nice:thumb: I'm very curious to see how you go about LST'ing her.

If you don't need the space the sick StarRyder is in for something else - keep it - my first Auto Blackberry Kush was stunted more than yours, but it did keep growing and now I have a small amount of fluffy but very frosted and sticky buds drying. It might take a long time and not grow big, but if you're lucky she might give you a little ''free'' weed:cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 26

Blue Cheese Auto

I'm proud of this girl. LST seems to be working wonderfully.

StarRyder

Finally, some preflowers. I decided to LST her too. I think it'll improve the stunted growth and give me some extra buds that wouldn't be there otherwise. PurpleGunRack, thank you for the advice mate. I really was considering plugging her plug.

Day 4

My second set of StarRyders is also going well. I lost hope on the one that sprouted but didn't pop as the taproot stayed white and weak and the husk didn't crack (SR#2). Losing hope gave me courage to operate on her. I removed the husk myself and now she's opening up. I don't know if I did some damage but she started growing so, not bad for now.

SR#1

SR#2

Cheers!

Day 32

Hey there people!

StarRyder dissappointed me to be honest. It is me who probably disappointed these girls, but looking at Blue Cheese Auto that grew in exactly the same conditions, I wouldn't vouch for StarRyder's fame for being a "plant & forget" strain. Again, I probably screwed up at some point, so no blames.

One SR from the second set of seedlings (that I operated on) died yesterday. RIP. The other doesn't look very sharp either.

As for the first set:

Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto is a beauty. If all goes well for another month, I think I'll have some sweet buds. Stunted StarRyder is, well... stunted. It's flowering, but veeery slowly. It'll yield a joint or two, as far as I can tell.

I won't bore you with too much words, on with the photos. How do you think LST is going? Do you think I should change direction or keep them this way until harvest?

Blue Cheese Auto

Stunted StarRyder

Day 10 - SR#1

Cheers!

Hey there people! It's been a while. I'll try to post an organized update, I need your help particularly with the Blue Cheese.

Day 50

Blue Cheese Auto

This girl is near the end of her life-cycle. Dinafem says 65-75 days, that leaves 10-15 days but I'm anticipating an early harvest mainly due to two reasons: she is sick (and I can't figure out why) and there are some signs (especially pistils) of harvest window opening up. I don't have a magnifier yet so I'm using my camera's lens backwards to look at trichromes: most of them look cloudy, I have even seen some amber ones and there are still some clear ones (appr. 20%). By the way, I untied everything to let her breathe.

As for the sickness: her leaves are browning and drying up. I pruned many almost-dead leaves but the problem is persistent. I've been feeding her 4ml/l Fish-Mix every watering.

And what about flushing? Should I start?

Finally, what do you think about an early harvest? Like on day 60? Here are the photos.

StarRyder the Stunted

I almost gave up on her, remember? I feel ashamed. Thank you guys for the advice on keeping her. She will not get anywhere near her full potential but the buds are much healthier than I expected. I untied her too.

Day 27 - StarRyder the Second

She's the least problematic one so far. I decided not to LST her and she keeps on getting longer.

Cheers!

Guys, I decided to start flushing.

The problem, whatever it is, is getting worse. The browning is spreading, even out to some sugar leaves. I don't want this grow to end badly. Any advice will still be appreciated, but since I don't have many remedies at my disposal at the moment, I doubt that I'll be able to turn it around.

I don't think that it'll be a really bad harvest though. As I've mentioned earlier, the pistils are mostly brown. The buds are not the densest, but they are kind of bulky. I fear that if I don't harvest early, the problem will spread first to most of the sugar leaves, and then to the buds.

So the plan is to start flushing today and observe the plant. If I can let it go for another 9 days, I'll harvest it at day 60 (today is day 51). If it starts looking worse earlier, I'll chop it down whenever I see fit.

So, if you see this and have an opinion, now would be the time to share it. :)

Cheers!

I told myself over and over again that I'd keep it cool and not make a rookie mistake such as...

:morenutes:

NUTE BURN!

It just came to me, and the symptoms look just right.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that it's nute burn.

I lost a shitload of (almost all) fan leaves before figuring this out. I just flushed with plain water. If it works, I might let it go for a bit longer.

Well, as it turns out, there is such a thing as too much love after all...

...when it comes to nutes...always better to err on the side of caution...can always add a lil'...I would never give up on one of my girlz...unless one day she/he decided to grow a set of ballz!...60 days may be a bit premature...butt...Yer the final judge!?...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom