Dr. Cannabi's Kali Mist - DIY Organic Soil - Medical Grow & Show

4 months from now? Am I to understand that your wife is pregnant? Congratulations to u and the Family. Is this your first? Hoping everybody is happy and healthy.

Thanks Ranger,

No we're not expecting, but the Mrs does have PMS every month. I think the Kali Mist will be done with a slight cure in around 4 months. I'll have the Mrs try it out for that and I'll report back to let you know if it works for PMS.:winkyface:

Thanks for the kind words Ranger. I'm glad to have you along for the ride. This is only my 7th grow so there will be lots of bumps along the way.

I took pics tonight and will try to get them posted before I hit the:volcano-smiley:

The Kali seedlings look fantastic!

Update Week 2

Here are the Kali Mist seedlings at 2 weeks. All but one seedling look very healthy. I had one that shot up really fast and bent over. I tied it up and it looked to recover and grew significantly. But now it's droopy and growing slow. If it doesn't shape up soon I'll cull it. I need to focus on the healthy ones for now until I get my friend his meds :)

KM 1
20141202_182138.jpg

KM 2
20141202_182207.jpg

KM 3 -- This is the droopy one
20141202_182226.jpg

KM 4
20141202_182258.jpg

KM 5
20141202_182316.jpg

KM 6
20141202_182340.jpg

KM 8 (km7 died)
20141202_182416.jpg

KM 9
20141202_182429.jpg

KM 10
20141202_182444.jpg

WiFi -- This strain was slow last time so I'm not worried
20141202_182502.jpg

Group Shot!
20141202_182740.jpg

Soil Update

I've turned the soil again and I hit it with an AACT last night. You can see how dark it's getting as it gets happy. The stink is minimal at this point.

20141128_154720.jpg
20141128_154644.jpg
20141128_154706.jpg

Here's the rake and shovel I use. I bought mine for 5 bucks 10 years ago at a garage sale. You can see the rake is actually has 4 prongs that are 4" long.
20141128_152355.jpg
20141128_152343.jpg
20141128_152302.jpg

This is how the piles look mid way through turning them. Notice how I volcanoed them, shoveled a little out of the middle, then I poured 2 gallons of AACT down each hole. I've found I need to add a gallon a of H2O or AACT every day "to each pile" to keep the moisture level right. The area is 44% humidity and 65-68 F
20141128_152225.jpg
20141128_152211.jpg
20141128_152200.jpg

This is how they look when I'm working them with the rake.
20141126_171842.jpg

Moonshine Haze

Can't say for sure, but this Moonshine Haze I got from a Tude promotion seems to be something special. I just Vaped an 8 week tester bud (actually 3 hours ago) and I've been bouncing around and getting things done with a Big Ol' grin on my face ever since. (here we come WiFi and pillow). I tried to take a picture of every bud but probably screwed that up. There might be some repeats or buds that didn't get photographed.

20141202_2113312.jpg
20141202_2113232.jpg
20141202_2113142.jpg
20141202_2112442.jpg
20141202_2112372.jpg
20141202_2112302.jpg
20141202_2112202.jpg
20141202_2114411.jpg
20141202_2114381.jpg
20141202_2114151.jpg
20141202_2114281.jpg
20141202_2114121.jpg
20141202_2114041.jpg
20141202_2114011.jpg
20141202_2113311.jpg

Not too sure what I'm doing is the best but it works like a champ for me. I just Super Crop and tie up branches to make things look as even as I can. It's my Redneck ScrOG :thedoubletake:
20141202_2111121.jpg
20141202_2111051.jpg

Night Night -- WiFi -- :Namaste:

Nice Dr,
That moonshine haze is looking extraordinary!
It's funny, I used to scrog, now I just train into similar shape, for similar results. The screen is kinda just a pain in the ass. Limits ability to move plants around.

Nice work man.

Re: Update Week 2

Nice looking bunch of ladies you have doc.!:goodjob::peace:

Thanks G! Here's to the next 4 months of carefree growing and some Kali Mist for my sick friend. Most of the hard work is behind me now. :peace:

Nice Dr,
That moonshine haze is looking extraordinary!
It's funny, I used to scrog, now I just train into similar shape, for similar results. The screen is kinda just a pain in the ass. Limits ability to move plants around.

Nice work man.

Thanks CO! That's what I did too. I tried a ScrOG 1 time and I could never take care of the plants as well as I wanted to. I know the technique is solid and I've seen some amazing scrogs, it's just not for me right now. The Last 2 crops I harvested 7.5 Oz. Of top shelf meds in my 2x3 LED cabinet just using super crop and other LST techniques.

The moonshine haze is really impressive. The buds are airy but huge (for me) and the frost level is impressive. The smell is extraordinary. The closest I've smelled was a supposed G13 clone a buddy of mine grew out. That was a potent stoney couchlock high that had a decent about of paranoia associated with it. The test bud I tried last night of the MSH was the exact opposite. It was stimulating and uplifting.

Thanks for the positive words:thanks:

Wow! Goes to show: a good farmer feeds the soil, good soil feeds the plants, and if he's lucky and worx hard, good plants feed the farmer. And around the circle she goes. U should b proud.

:thanks: Thank you Ranger! I'm really trying to learn all I can. Since going organic, I've never had such stress free grows. The AACT teas make the ladies sing for joy...

I even hit my 3 day old seedlings with an AACT and they thanked me for it. So nice not to worry about burning up the girls. :peace:

:yummy:Nice... very nice!

Welcome OldHippyMan! Glad to have you on board. Have you had the chance to try the Kali Mist? I'd love to hear a preview of what's in store.

:Namaste:

Sorry, but no, I have not tried it. Just started growing, did some research and picked Fast and Vast by heavyweight seeds. It's a feminized auto. Perviously, I was buying off the street, so who knows what I was smoking!

I read that OHM. Your girl looks super healthy for a first time grower. Some people just seem to be able to grow innately. You might be one of those people :high-five:

I've never tried Fast and Vast but just read the description. Looks like a very heavy Indica that finishes in 8 weeks from germination. Wow! I don't even start flowing until the plant is 4 to 8 weeks old and sometimes longer than that.

Please let me know how that smoke is. I have an awful time sleeping and I'm always looking for night time meds.

If this is your first grow be sure to read up on harvesting. You'll want to get a loop or microscope so you can see the trichomes. That's the most accurate way to tell when your plant is ready to harvest.

The next thing you'll want to know is how to cure your harvest. This step is just as important as how you grow your flowers. A beautiful crop can be ruined by not curing it correctly and I've witnessed it. I consider the guidelines written by Kyle Kushman to be very good. The closer you can get to his prescribed method of Curing, the better tasting, burning and smelling your crop will be. Temp, relative humidity, and darkness all play important roles and it can be hard to hit those marks.

:peace:

Greetings,

I have trouble sleeping myself, due to arthritis. I get really stiff and sore at night, unless I wake up and shift positions. The weeds seems to help with that.

It's interesting that you comment about the possibility of my being and "innate grower." Several people made the same comment after they saw that picture. Now that would be nice!

I do have a reputation as having a green thumb, and people who see my garden often ask, "what the hell are you doing to those plants?" I have managed to grow Bhut Jolokia Super hot peppers to over 6 feet tall here in the mountains of Western Maryland. They are common to northern India. I certainly don't feel like I know what I'm doing, but when I sit back and look at those plants, my initial reaction is, "God damn, look at that.":cheesygrinsmiley:

We are on the same page, I have a 45 X scope of the just arrived today. It's a tiny little thing, made in China, but the optics seem very clean and clear.

I have read that auto flowers do not follow the traditional transition of trichomes from clear, to cloudy, to amber. Supposedly it depends on the individual strain, and I have not been able to find this information regarding the strain I am growing.

With the auto flowers, according to what I have read, time of harvest is determined by both the trichomes and the natural defoliation of lower leaves.

I'll certainly keep you posted about the quality of the smoke, and thanks for your advice regarding curing; from what I read, it seems like a royal pain in the ass.

Great job reading up on those auto flowers OHM. Your already ahead of the curve just having the curiosity and determination to research your strain and harvest information. You'll find all sorts of general advice that may or may not apply to your particular grow. Weeding out the errant information is hard sometimes.

I've never grown or researched auto flower strains and never even thought they might have different harvest specs. I should be more careful, but it's a good point to remember that just about every one on here will give bad advice now and then. Not intentionally, but still double and triple check before following recommendations.

You're absolutely right, curing IS a pain in the ass. So here's what I do to simplify it. Will it win a cannabis cup? No. But it will be far superior to just about anything else you'll find.

Keep the RH between 40-60 percent if you can. To low will dry your buds to fast. To high and you could get mold or mildew.

Keep it dark

First day or 2 keep the room @ 70 degrees then drop it to 68 for another 5-6 days. This is longer than most people dry there flowers but this works. It really does.

I always go 7-8 days then straight into canning jars jars. My stems never snap or become brittle except on the smallest stems.

I've never had to burp or worry about mould in my jars or CC-vaults (you'll want to look into those)

I would burp and check the flowers for moisture the first couple times you do it just to make sure you dried it out completely.

The great thing about curing correctly is how long your buds last in storage. I've got some Bud over 18 months old that is still as beautiful a smoke as it was at 4 months.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom