Dr. Grinspoon - Jack La Mota - Y Griega CBD - Organic Grow

Everybody else gets these cool experiences all I get is high. Somewhat high I guess I should say..... :straightface:

Lol, that's the way acid was for me. Everyone else got to see hallucinations 'n' stuff - me, I just got high. :straightface::cheesygrinsmiley: Driving down the interstate with 8 hits of strawberry barrel in me, nothing. I once got some vague effects at a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert on some mescaline ... but otherwise no show, nothing to see here.

But even after all these years, I can still feel the differences in strains. Dunno, maybe it was too many years of smoking brickweed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I still get high even though I smoke like a Navajo chief every day :thumb: I remember buying ounces of commercial pot and after about the fourth or fifth day of smoking it getting this deadhead kind of a stupidity buzz kinda feel like you're made of cement just wanna sleep. People I knew back then would say I was burnt out from smoking too much. Ain't it cool being knowledgeable? :) It's because the weed was poorly handled, the glands were smashed off or open, and the dope wasn't kept properly; in short is was poop even compared to our worst harvests here. If you didn't put it in the fridge the THC would decompose in days. Man I'm glad those days are gone; to this day I don't trust folks 'cause of that crap. :cough:

Both of these Dr. Grinspoon plants are getting took out tonight the ol' chimp bombed out hard on 'em:

0013196.JPG
0023095.JPG

There's a lotta dope there though! :)

I've been smokin' on that Y Griega CBD some (I'll post nug pics tomorrow along with pics of both DrGs). I really don't notice any effect on pain or inflammation but it's not cured yet plus I've been smoking other weed too. I'll try smoking some more of it tomorrow strictly for research reasons of course :tokin: but they got one thing right about it; the buzz is a moderate one. :cough:

That's what I heard that the CBD strains really lack punch in the buzz department. That's why I haven't grown any yet. But I do have acouple started and I plan on doing the same thing,, alittle research. Hopefully it will help ya in the pain department.... How many weeks was the Dr Grinspoon in?
GL and Keepem Green

I chopped both of the Dr. Grinspoons yesterday at 14 weeks and 5 days from flip, and they were ran at 11/13 under a 600 watt HPS. Geez I bombed out on 'em too but here they are. The first one collapsed on itself when I untied the wire from the top of the tent that was holding it up:

0052601.JPG
0062311.JPG

The humidity was 30 when I looked last night. I think I need to use a bigger tent than a 3' x 3' with this 600 watt lamp. The negative pressure problem I have in my tents doesn't help either. But going from too dry to too wet with my waterings did the worst damage. I just can't get these thin leaf picky Sativas right.
Here's the second one; it looks a little more smokeable:

0023096.JPG
0042767.JPG
0032966.JPG

I'll probably get a Q-pee out of it; can't complain.
A few Y Griega CBD buds; I guess CBD has a creeper effect. Any idea how many weeks it takes for it to kick in? :(

0072159.JPG

The buzz from it is picking up just a tad. :)

A few Y Griega CBD buds; I guess CBD has a creeper effect. Any idea how many weeks it takes for it to kick in? :(
That's what I've been worried about, But I will stick with acouple just incase. I just started flowering a Critical Mass CBD and I have a seedling of a Purple Orange CBD. I always felt they are trying to breed all the fun outta cannabis....... Is a place for it I guess,, and I guess I'll be finding out if it has a place in my grows. GL and Keepem Green

Just wandered in to inspect whether the cbd plant had been tried yet. So I came at a good time, I guess, though I was hoping the test chimp would come out with a more positive report. Not surprised though. Most smoke reports I read of the cbd plants sound awfully vague.

Where did you get the Dr. G seed?. I got mine from barneysfarm directly online last spring but they're out of stock now and I have a client who wants "the highest THC possible".
I tried to talk the client out of it as Dr G is extremely hard to grow indoors and is very lanky and requires a trellace to stay upright. Plus yields are low compared to most other strains.
I did notice yours is very green and mine was very red/brown. Was wondering if you used Barney's Farm directly.
I ask because I found a company that claimed to have some seeds in Toronto (localish) but when I asked "Do they come in a Barney's Farm original package?" He said "Well no but they're definitely the same."

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Where did you get the Dr. G seed?. I got mine from barneysfarm directly online last spring but they're out of stock now and I have a client who wants "the highest THC possible".
I tried to talk the client out of it as Dr G is extremely hard to grow indoors and is very lanky and requires a trellace to stay upright. Plus yields are low compared to most other strains.
I did notice yours is very green and mine was very red/brown. Was wondering if you used Barney's Farm directly.
I ask because I found a company that claimed to have some seeds in Toronto (localish) but when I asked "Do they come in a Barney's Farm original package?" He said "Well no but they're definitely the same."

I got my Dr. Grinspoon seeds from a seedbank on this website about 3-4 years ago (I'm not sure if they still are a sponsor here, so I can't say their name). The Dr. Grinspoon plants that people have been growing from seeds purchased in the last year or two weren't as lanky growing as these, so if you find the seeds anywhere they probably won't be as bad. Good luck!

Just wandered in to inspect whether the cbd plant had been tried yet. So I came at a good time, I guess, though I was hoping the test chimp would come out with a more positive report. Not surprised though. Most smoke reports I read of the cbd plants sound awfully vague.

If there's any effect at all, it's not much. I'll try it again soon maybe I'll smoke it all day long and see if that makes a difference. :)

I got my Dr. Grinspoon seeds from a seedbank on this website about 3-4 years ago (I'm not sure if they still are a sponsor here, so I can't say their name). The Dr. Grinspoon plants that people have been growing from seeds purchased in the last year or two weren't as lanky growing as these, so if you find the seeds anywhere they probably won't be as bad. Good luck!

I see from the cannabis genome project that was done at Guelph Univ. that there are two Dr. G's floating around the gene pool. One from Amsterdam and one from BC.
I may try the BC one and see if the branches stay up on their own. If I farted too loud near that plant a branch would flop to the ground. Lol.
420-magazine-mobile1100922356.jpg

If there's any effect at all, it's not much. I'll try it again soon maybe I'll smoke it all day long and see if that makes a difference. :)

You can't get high from CBD. It's not psychoactive. CBD plants usually have 7-12% THC. Not very much. You'll get a slight buzz from the low THC and good anti inflammatory response from the CBD.
I grow CKS Dutch Flyer that I then process to oil. The whole plant (except stems/branches of course) not just the leaves. I then put the oil into gel caps and take them daily for my Chron's. It's 100% effective when ingested orally. I've been on 20 different meds over the last 20 years and CBD is the only thing that works consistently.
I get the anti inflammatory and a slight body stone. Problem is....I didn't grow any over summer so I'm m out of oil.
I made some edible oil from an outdoor black indica and I was tripping balls. Lol.

Seems every seed breeder comes up with their own variant... Ever wonder why almost every breeder has a white widow? Most are just their version on it, breed using the same parentage, trying to find the same pheno of the true ww. Only one true breeder of it, others are just variants...... or copycats... Keepem Green

I'll get pics in before I close this journal out, but I wanted to come on to post a few notes.
All of the Dr. Grinspoon buds were so wispy that the foxtails are already dried and the stems are still wet. I'll jar it up tomorrow. I've smoked from both so far. The smoke is a little harsh from being hazy and drying too quick, so the taste isn't the best. I think it's got a pretty good buzz to it, but no pink elephants. :( We'll see what it's like after it cures some.
I move my arm around in various positions, and I still don't notice a difference in the amount of pain or inflammation after I smoke Y Griega CBD. Maybe this pheno's too low in CBD to provide a noticeable difference. It seems to give me a decent high, so I'll just go with that.

I wondered about that.. The dry time that is. Every person I ever saw who grew Dr Grinspoon had wispy buds that dried to fast,, which explains the harshness. Yours looked thicker than others did. Sorry to hear about the pain. I do understand. I've been dealing with pain since I broke my neck in a motorcycle wreck back in 86'. I had C-6 and C-7 fused, and have had bad joint pain ever since. Sad to say,, you end up getting use to it after 20 or 30 years................ Best Luck to ya to find the magic bullet,, or strain in this case. I did have one strain that helped,, Crippled Rino from Stoney Girls. I had alot say it helped with pain... Didn't cut it for me,, but. Shame I don't think you can get them unless you get it locally. They do sell seeds. I just don't know if they marketed them so the general public can have access to. Best and Keepem Green

I'll get pics in before I close this journal out, but I wanted to come on to post a few notes.
All of the Dr. Grinspoon buds were so wispy that the foxtails are already dried and the stems are still wet. I'll jar it up tomorrow. I've smoked from both so far. The smoke is a little harsh from being hazy and drying too quick, so the taste isn't the best. I think it's got a pretty good buzz to it, but no pink elephants. :( We'll see what it's like after it cures some.
I move my arm around in various positions, and I still don't notice a difference in the amount of pain or inflammation after I smoke Y Griega CBD. Maybe this pheno's too low in CBD to provide a noticeable difference. It seems to give me a decent high, so I'll just go with that.

The Grinspoon tastes like crap. It tastes a lot better (still like crap though) if you cure it in a cigar humidor for a month or two.

Alot of them wispy pot drys to fast and in turn becomes harsh, one thing I have found is if you store your weed in a jar, or a humidor, tape a small sliver of either apple or pear to the lid before closing for rehydration. I hear people say use a orange,, but then the weed tastes like shit. I've used orange on tobacco, and hated the taste, I prefer the pear myself. It leaves a kind of a tasty flavor. After acouple days throw the sliver away. Works,,, Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom