Dr. Krippling - Puff Puff Passout & Kripple Shock - Hydro RDWC - LED

re: Dr. Krippling - Puff Puff Passout & Kripple Shock - Hydro RDWC - LED

Ok, the seed was long enough to put in the hydroton. I took a pic and will upload it with this post. I put only 2 pebbles worth of hydroton over the seed. I really really hope this works. Thanks and have a great day.
2016-02-14_20_17_10.jpg

Works like a charm but I was top feeding the seedlings.. Note ... I found "I" put the seeds too high towards the surface. the roots started from that point so it kinda became floppy. I added two more layers of pebble on top after it has grown several inches and it stabilized it... it held the stock more stabilized. just a little thing I noticed....

FE

Thanks FE. It has worked like a charm. I will not be using the RR cubes anymore. 24 hours after placing in the bucket, the seedling had sprouted up over the hydroton by about an inch. I did not take a pic yesterday and I probably should have, but I did this morning. 48 hours the first set of fan leaves are visible but tiny. This little girl is wanting to grow. :) :yahoo:

So the other seedlings look good. Believe it or not they all have roots down to the res. Some are growing faster than others but that is natural and normal. The clones look unbelievably good. They are a very dark green and growing very nicely. So the clones are already close to the size I would like them to be before flipping them. The seedlings have a good ways to go, but I know from experience that once under the leds in my flower tent, they will take off very quickly. Also, I will defol them like I did my last grow. This promotes explosive growth. I mean really really impressive. I will not defol until I get into the flower tent.

It looks like my flower tent will be harvested around March 1st. I will move these girls into the tent as soon as I have cleaned it and the buckets. So by March 5th I will have these girls in there. That should give the seedlings some time to get a few nodes on them and they will be big enough to take clones and defol. At least that is my hope. I want to be flipping these girls by March 15th. Those dates are all soft. As always, it will depend on whether or not they grow fast enough. lol :)

Here are some pics of the girls as they look like this morning.
2016-02-17_07_57_40.jpg
2016-02-17_07_57_33.jpg
2016-02-17_07_57_49.jpg

High Bama, had to go AWOL for a while (family stuff) but now I'm back and trying to catch up with the old subs.
The new girls look great, hope to be able to watch the whole grow this time!

Now off to see what FE is doing... :Namaste:

High Bama, had to go AWOL for a while (family stuff) but now I'm back and trying to catch up with the old subs.
The new girls look great, hope to be able to watch the whole grow this time!

Now off to see what FE is doing... :Namaste:

WB Stillanoob. My condolences on the passing of family. Hope all is settled down for you now. I will be doing a big update on this journal next week. :)

I guess I should say here what I said in the other journal. The veg tent looks great. The PPP clones are bushes now. They are going to be a hand full when they are flipped. The seedlings are doing well. They are 4 -5 nodes except the Green Crack which is 2 nodes. They will require a little while in the flower tent before flipping them. I know that they will take off in growth under the LED's. But I do not want to wait too long before flipping these girls.

I am still chopping down the girls in the flower tent. I have probably 2 - 3 more days of that and then a whole day of cleaning out the tent and hydro system. Looking to transfer the veg tent to the flower tent this weekend. Hopefully on Saturday. Once in the flower tent, we will start the clock on these girls. I want to flip before 15 March. So that only gives them a couple of weeks. We will see. Have a great week everyone. Thanks for checking in. :)

WB Stillanoob. My condolences on the passing of family. Hope all is settled down for you now. I will be doing a big update on this journal next week. :)

Thanks Bama, I live in a different country with my wife for almost a decade now so being away for so long has kind of numbed me, it was though while I was there but now everything is back to what it was.

I only realized that you have another journal going on because you mentioned it in the last post! Gonna check it later while this one isn't going at full speed :thumb:

Ok update time.

I finally got these girls over to the flowering tent on the 6th. One of the Kripple shock had died. I popped another Green Crack seed to replace it. The girls expereinced a lot of stress when I transplanted them. That was a very severe shock. I knew that there would be some but they looked so bad I thought that all of them would die before they started to recover. Now they are doing well and are going to be growing very quickly. It will take about 2 - 3 weeks before I can flip them though. I was hoping to be able to flip them on the 15th, but that is just not going to be possible now.

Going forward i will start to track and report the pH and PPM's. I had a rather disapointing harvest on the last grow. I was not as diligent about the numbers as I should have been. I will do a better job with this grow. I am going to focus more on getting the pH and PPM correct as well as spread them out so that I can get a nice canopy on them. Mostly I want to grow them better and with better health this go round.

I did not take pics yet, but I will take some soon and get them posted. I have to say that I am excited about this grow because there are two new strains in it. So that is always fun. There already appears to be a difference in the Kripple shock. Of the two plants left, one has very large fan leaves and the other has smaller leaves. So maybe I have two different phenoms or it is just too early to tell because they are recovering from the shock of transplant. It will be interesting to monitor.

Thanks for stopping by everyone. This journal will start to pick up again very soon. :)

update time (with pics!)

Ok so it has been a week. I have been very busy but have also been able to keep an eye on the grow. My PPM are at 450 and a pH of 5.9. I have been able to maintain this for the last two weeks. I did do a res dump on Friday. So that is a good thing. The plants really did look like crap the first week in the flower tent. They took about 7 days to get their health back. Now they are bushes. I mean the PPP is just incredible. I took some pics yesterday and have been defoliating today. I am almost done. When I finish I will take some more pics and you will be able to see the before and after pics. It is pretty dramatic.

The reason for defoliating right now is to encourage a lot more interior growth. This improves the structure of the plant in my opinion. The little tops that try to grow in the understory of the plant will now get direct sunlight and shoot up to the top of the canopy. This gives more tops. I will not defoliate during flower like I did last grow. I will clean up the bottom half of the plants but I will not be doing the same defol that I did the last time.

I have placed the green crack seed that I popped last week into the bucket that was left empty when the seedling died. It still has not popped up over the hydroton. I do not know if I will have it for this grow. I have one green crack already in this grow so if it pops up I may just move it into the veg tent and keep it as a mother. I have already decided to take clones of the PPP and Kripple Shock and keep them as mothers as well. I will then take clones about two weeks from harvest and veg them out in the flower tent on like a 2 - 3 week period. This means I will have smaller plants when I flip but it will also be less work for me. I am still trying to find a system that I like and is easy to manage. This is just another test to see if I like it and if it will work for me.

Now I did have a disappointing harvest last time. So this time I will be concentrating so much more on the process. I really want to nail down my feed schedule and harvest time. I have been very disappointed with the last two harvest. So I really would like to nail it this time.

Ok now for the pics. These are to show the girls are still alive and thriving. The smallest is the green crack and the four big ones are PPP. The other 2 are kripple shock. Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you guys think. Also have a look tomorrow at the pics I will post after the defol. pretty dramatic. lol
2016-03-18_13_26_09.jpg
2016-03-18_13_25_38.jpg
2016-03-18_13_26_01.jpg
2016-03-18_13_25_30.jpg

I personally think it is wise to limit the defol in flower... good call.. (again just my opinion) You have come so far and learned so much. Think of it you use to be asking simple questions. Now you are trying to dial it up a notch. Big difference. Now its not are they going to make it, but how do I increase yield. Your doing great keep it up. Just remember in veg they adapt and flower react... not my quote...

:peace:

FE

Just put a screen up this morning. Took some pics. Here ya go. PPM and pH are all good. 450 ppm. I know that is half of what I should have but the second GC has sprouted up over the hydroton and I do not want to burn it. Let it get a couple of nodes this week and I will up the PPM.

2016-03-21_07_51_42.jpg
2016-03-21_07_51_48.jpg

Not to jump your page I'm growing this current strain krippling here's my journal know 2 others growing if you want there's to fella.

My first attempt at growing

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom