Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

I bought 50lbs of tomatoes, and 10lbs of green peppers at 17¢ /lb. The usual price is about $3.00 / lb. here. I have to can and freeze them this week as well as making tomato soup and pasta sauce for the year.
WOW! My wife loves canning tomatoes so what she doesn't grow on her own we pick up at the end of the season. The local farmer's markets are great, but not to the point where they were almost free. Nice grab OS!

WOW! My wife loves canning tomatoes so what she doesn't grow on her own we pick up at the end of the season. The local farmer's markets are great, but not to the point where they were almost free. Nice grab OS!

You can wash and just pop them into the freezer for use in cooking at a later date. I'll do this with perhaps 5 lbs of the best looking ones. You just have to thaw them and the skin comes right off. No need to dump them in boiling water first.

You can wash and just pop them into the freezer for use in cooking at a later date. I'll do this with perhaps 5 lbs of the best looking ones. You just have to thaw them and the skin comes right off. No need to dump them in boiling water first.
Very interesting. I'll pass this along to the misses. Great tip OS :thanks:

Germinated, and Planted!

I checked the seeds before retiring last night, and they had dropped to the bottom of the shot glass. I put them between wet paper towels on top of the refrigerator. I checked again this morning when I got up, and the paper towel was dry. I wet it again. This afternoon I checked them finding all three seeds had germinated, the longest tap root was about 1/4" (6mm) long. I planted them in 4" (10cm) nursery pots, and put them in a window until they show themselves above ground.

full

Germinated Seeds (Put on a Dark Cloth for Contrast)

full

Seeds Planted in 4" (10cm) Nursery Pots

Excellent introduction @Old Salt ... I hadn't heard of scarification before ... just 1:20 of H2O2 for older seeds.

What were the the other 2 strains you got?

I hope to get the tent set up in our living space this week. I may not have the time though. It's harvest season and prices are really low as they bring in the crops that can't take the frost. I bought 50lbs of tomatoes, and 10lbs of green peppers at 17¢ /lb. The usual price is about $3.00 / lb. here. I have to can and freeze them this week as well as making tomato soup and pasta sauce for the year.

Mmmmm ... tomatoes and peppers .... sounds like the beginning of a great salsa compadre :)

My mom was a cook by trade ... and worked at the officer's mess on base.

OMG ... she used to make these mouth watering stuffed green peppers ... those and her cabbage rolls ... those are great memories ... :)

What were the the other 2 strains you got?

Northern Lights & Chem Dawg

OMG ... she used to make these mouth watering stuffed green peppers ... those and her cabbage rolls ... those are great memories ... :)

Cabbage rolls are made and put into the freezer when cabbage goes on sale. That will be later this month or early November when the harvest comes in.

I grew up in rural Ontario. The pantry and freezer were an integral part of life. Now they allow me to save 30% or more on our food bill. They also provide a buffer for the times we can't get to town due to weather or man-made situations. Preparedness is a way of life that has been drummed into me since I was a young lad. If you are prepared for a situation, it's not an emergency. An emergency does not become a disaster unless you are seriously hurt or killed.

When you used Nugbucket's Main-Lining technique .. did you follow it exactly?

That is, did you have 8 tops or 16 tops for an indoor grow?

And what size pot did you use for the coco? I'm using 3 gallon fabric right now.

I pretty much followed it exactly to squeeze four plants with eight colas each into a 2' X 4' tent.

I've always used my 9" X 9" X 12" (23 X 23 X 30cm) caged grow bags. They hold 3.8 US gal or 11 liters of coco/perlite, with the bottom of the bag 1" (2.5cm) above the bottom.

Enter Mega Crop...

I started the seedlings on 2gm/gal Mega Crop today. Since I work in he SI system of measurement, I created a table in 0.5gm / gal increments for the batch sizes I use. A copy is plastic coated, and in my Ready-Use Kit.

full

Thanks for the chart ... the sample MC I ordered showed up on Saturday.

Do you add in any amendments to the MC? Or just water and MC right into the coco?

Thanks for the chart ... the sample MC I ordered showed up on Saturday.

Do you add in any amendments to the MC? Or just water and MC right into the coco?

I haven't added anything, not even cal/mag.

Back
Top Bottom