Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

The 3 X 3 Mars Hydro Tent and TSW-2000 are on their way and should arrive by the end of next week. I'll put them under my 'blurple' if necessary.

full

Seeds Ready for Scarification

I use crusher dust to scarify the seeds, removing any bits that are larger than the seeds. They are just shaken with the crusher dust in an old pill vial for a minute or two. Coarse sand can also be used. This step will remove any rosin on the seeds and score the seeds' coats making germination easier.

full

Scarified Seeds

full

Seeds in Water
The seeds were dropped in water recovered from my dehumidifier. One immediately dropped to the bottom due to the crusher dust that was on it. In a minute or two it rose to the surface.

Germinated, and Planted!

I checked the seeds before retiring last night, and they had dropped to the bottom of the shot glass. I put them between wet paper towels on top of the refrigerator. I checked again this morning when I got up, and the paper towel was dry. I wet it again. This afternoon I checked them finding all three seeds had germinated, the longest tap root was about 1/4" (6mm) long. I planted them in 4" (10cm) nursery pots, and put them in a window until they show themselves above ground.

full

Germinated Seeds (Put on a Dark Cloth for Contrast)

full

Seeds Planted in 4" (10cm) Nursery Pots

Great start Salt. nice journal too. Looking forward to your opinion on the light too mate. I need to get a decent tent to fo inside my box idea i think. My limited space and high plant count have not done the light total justice in my current one. on deliberation following our conversation about them , a rethink has me planning .lol
pulling up a pew now.

Great start Salt. nice journal too. Looking forward to your opinion on the light too mate. I need to get a decent tent to fo inside my box idea i think. My limited space and high plant count have not done the light total justice in my current one. on deliberation following our conversation about them , a rethink has me planning .lol
pulling up a pew now.

Welcome to the grow. I'm planning three plants in two tents. I also want to get seed from this run. I'm still thinking on how to accomplish this. I hope the tent with the Mars Hydro TSL-2000 will be free at the end of next week. The Sapphire Scout may take a little longer. I'll need to swap the lights in 2' X 4' tents, so the grow will be done under the TS series of lights.

I should know in the next week or two whether or not I have seeds from the Candida. If I do, I'll shut down the tent in the basement. If not, I'll do a seed run with the cuttings I took. Time will tell what the future holds. I need to stay flexible.

Yummy... Candida seeds

I have 5 breeder seeds left of Candida...if I don't quit growing for awhile I'll be making seeds of her next grow

Candida and GDP, two of my top strains.
Think I have around 1000000 GDP seeds...ish...lol...I created, all regs though, so some Fem seeds or in my future as well

sounds like a good plan Salt. Not sharing the light with too many plants is a winner for this one. I wish i could have done that with the Orange sherbet if mine. i can only imagine how big she would have become. looking forward to this even more now matey.

As far as you know, did your GDP from Dr Seeds come from the actual line by Ken Estes? It doesnt actually matter, I'm just curious. I have some seeds from them too. Havent gotten to them yet though.

I don't know.

The Mars Hydro 3' X 3' tent arrived today. I haven't opened it yet, but will do so after the sun goes down. I have lots to do to prepare for the weekend. Dorian is coming.

Two days ago Dorian was supposed to pass 60Km or about 40 miles out to sea. I'd have been about 100Km or 60 miles away from its center. Now the forecast calls for the western wall to hit me. It's forecast to be a category 2 hurricane when it hits. I'm preparing for a major hurricane as we all know the only profession where you can be wrong more than right and still keep your job is weatherman.

I've got lots to do, and less than 48 hrs to get it all done.

Back
Top Bottom