Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

Seedlings at Day 14:

full

Granddaddy Purple Seedlings, 14 Days from Seed

These seedlings are spending about 11-1/2 hours per day under a Mars Hydro TSL-2000 in a flowering tent. They also spend 7-1/2 hours per day under my 'blurple.' I move them into the tent in the morning when I water, and back under the 'blurple' in the evening.

full

Mars Hydro TSW-2000 in Mars Hydro 100 X 100cm Tent

The Mars Hydro 3' X 3' tent has been temporarily set up in the basement so I can get things ready. I need to move the tent in our living area to make room for it. I can't do that until I harvest the plants in it.

full

TSW-2000 Power Supplies, Timer, and Power Cord

I'm moving the power supplies out of the tent. Since I need to mount them anyway, I'll add a wall-mounted timer to the board as well. I also bought a 3m (10') extension cord that I'll wire in. This will let me revert to the as-shipped configuration if I need to in the future.

full

Chain and Ratchet Hangers for Mars Hydro TSW-2000

I used chain instead of the supplied mounting hardware, and removed the carabiners from the ratchet hangers allowing the light to be raised within 15cm (6") of the tent's top.

great to date Salt. looks like its going to be perfect all round.

I can't get back at it today. I'm not in trim jail, but jail just the same. Yesterday was pressing rosin, today is de-carbing it, and making up over 400 capsules. Four ounces takes less than an hour to trim, two hours to press, two or more hours to collect, and four hours to de-carb and put into capsules. It takes about eight times as long to process dried flower into capsules this way as it does to trim.

I can't get back at it today. I'm not in trim jail, but jail just the same. Yesterday was pressing rosin, today is de-carbing it, and making up over 400 capsules. Four ounces takes less than an hour to trim, two hours to press, two or more hours to collect, and four hours to de-carb and put into capsules. It takes about eight times as long to process dried flower into capsules this way as it does to trim.
wow thats a lot of work. I bet the results are more than worth it though. For me i love the Plants smoke qualities and recreational use. I am fortunate to not be using medically but assume many years of use have been beneficial too. I do make ice hash but would love to try rosin .

Enter Mega Crop...

I started the seedlings on 2gm/gal Mega Crop today. Since I work in he SI system of measurement, I created a table in 0.5gm / gal increments for the batch sizes I use. A copy is plastic coated, and in my Ready-Use Kit.

full

Seedlings at Day 21:

These are almost ready to top between the fourth and fifth nodes.

full

Granddaddy Purple Seedlings, 21 Days from Seed

These seedlings have been spending about 11-1/2 hours per day under a Mars Hydro TSL-2000 in a flowering tent. They also spent 7-1/2 hours per day under my 'blurple.' I have moved them into the tent with the Mars Hydro TSL-2000, so they'll be getting consistent light now.

full

TSW-2000 Remote Drivers Mounted and Ready

I'm moving the power supplies out of the tent. Since I need to mount them anyway, I've added a wall-mounted timer to the board as well. I also bought a 3m (10') extension cord for them. This will let me revert to the as-shipped configuration if I need to in the future.

beautiful workin in Salty,, i must say i enjoy perusing thru your contributions to this site,, cheers

i love the idea of the remote drivers,, i do the same thing, where possible,,

just thot i would mention this tho,, and i know you are aware of all this,, however,, i will mention it

the drivers mounted flush onto that wood backing, that would be something i would try to avoid by having a separation between the driver and the wood.

i know the drivers get 'warm' only really,, but some, including one of mine,, are bordering on 'hot' , and i just think it prudent, for the sake of driver efficiency and personal safety, to have a gap there,, that's all,,

i worry too much, i know,,

cheers friend

one simple way, would be to put a couple washers under each screw there, taadaa,, done, ha

beautiful workin in Salty,, i must say i enjoy perusing thru your contributions to this site,, cheers

i love the idea of the remote drivers,, i do the same thing, where possible,,

just thot i would mention this tho,, and i know you are aware of all this,, however,, i will mention it

the drivers mounted flush onto that wood backing, that would be something i would try to avoid by having a separation between the driver and the wood.

i know the drivers get 'warm' only really,, but some, including one of mine,, are bordering on 'hot' , and i just think it prudent, for the sake of driver efficiency and personal safety, to have a gap there,, that's all,,

i worry too much, i know,,

cheers friend

I agree with you and have some aluminum bar stock I'll slip under the tabs to allow air to circulate underneath them. I still have a week or so before I can move the tent, so I have the time.

Seedlings at Day 21:

These are almost ready to top between the fourth and fifth nodes.

full

Granddaddy Purple Seedlings, 21 Days from Seed

These seedlings have been spending about 11-1/2 hours per day under a Mars Hydro TSL-2000 in a flowering tent. They also spent 7-1/2 hours per day under my 'blurple.' I have moved them into the tent with the Mars Hydro TSL-2000, so they'll be getting consistent light now.

full

TSW-2000 Remote Drivers Mounted and Ready

I'm moving the power supplies out of the tent. Since I need to mount them anyway, I've added a wall-mounted timer to the board as well. I also bought a 3m (10') extension cord for them. This will let me revert to the as-shipped configuration if I need to in the future.

This is a great idea, I'm also at day 21 on 2x Mars tsw 2000's and heat is at 28-29c in the tent, by moving the drivers outside I should be achieving 24-26 I figure. Just need to locate some of those 2.1mm extensions to run to lights.

This is a great idea, I'm also at day 21 on 2x Mars tsw 2000's and heat is at 28-29c in the tent, by moving the drivers outside I should be achieving 24-26 I figure. Just need to locate some of those 2.1mm extensions to run to lights.

:welcome: to the forum, and this thread.

I got the extensions from e-bay. I'd give the link, but that's not allowed as they'll break with time.

:welcome: to the forum, and this thread.

I got the extensions from e-bay. I'd give the link, but that's not allowed as they'll break with time.

Got some, thanks. Will be good to track your journal to see progress of another TSW 2000 light set up side by side, granted obviously differing environment, strains media and nutes. I'll put up my first journal shortly.

Vegging Out, 28 Days after Germination

Mega Crop has been increased to 4gm / gallon. The outer plants have been topped above the fourth node. The tray has been moved closer to the light. I used scrap 2 X 4s in the lower trays to increase the lift. Hopefully I'll be able to start their training this week.

full

Granddaddy Purple - Starting to Veg Out

Nice looking setup OS. Congrats on the new lights, tent, and now seedlings plants! Looks awesome in here.

I hope to get the tent set up in our living space this week. I may not have the time though. It's harvest season and prices are really low as they bring in the crops that can't take the frost. I bought 50lbs of tomatoes, and 10lbs of green peppers at 17¢ /lb. The usual price is about $3.00 / lb. here. I have to can and freeze them this week as well as making tomato soup and pasta sauce for the year.

Back
Top Bottom