Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

But think I’m the opposite side of you, west coast, so we’ll get rain indefinitely once the cold stops lol

I lived in Victoria for a couple of years while posted to Esquimault. I mowed the lawn new years day while wearing shorts, so I could say I did it. The flowers and fruit trees were blooming in the middle of February. More rain fell than I liked, something similar to the east coast. We had four inches, OK 10cm, of snow while I was there. The cities shut down. It seemed like I was the only one who dared to drive that day. The next day the snow was gone and I didn't see more until we came back to the east coast.

Victoria, the City of the Newly Wed, and Nearly Dead.

CFB Esquimalt postal code: V0S 1B0 or 'Very Own Ships, One Boat Only.'

“Victoria, the City of the Newly Wed, and Nearly Dead.”
(Not sure how to quote properly)

How true that is! Great town though, had a conference for work there in May, was a blast!

I’m glad u can knock off cutting the lawn New Year’s Day off the ol bucket list lol
Truely is a feat!

Couple year ago I washed my truck on New Year’s Eve, then it started snowing before I was done haha

But ur right, more then a flurry and this town (Vancouver/Victoria ) shuts down!

But I get the pleasure of hopping in the plow and moving snow opening the roads for the public, get menotinis but I like it

Hope the girls are doing well :Namaste:

“Victoria, the City of the Newly Wed, and Nearly Dead.”
(Not sure how to quote properly)

How true that is! Great town though, had a conference for work there in May, was a blast!

I’m glad u can knock off cutting the lawn New Year’s Day off the ol bucket list lol
Truely is a feat!

Couple year ago I washed my truck on New Year’s Eve, then it started snowing before I was done haha

But ur right, more then a flurry and this town (Vancouver/Victoria ) shuts down!

But I get the pleasure of hopping in the plow and moving snow opening the roads for the public, get menotinis but I like it

Hope the girls are doing well :Namaste:

I suppose that if I were to move back, I'd be counted with the nearly dead. ;)

Ppwer went out at 7:30 last night, and is not expected to come back on until 4:00 PM this afternoon. I turned off the generator overnight, and the ladies have cold feet this morning. It was 10°C/50°F in the tents this morning,

My wife? Still in bed, waiting for the hot water to warm up. I cursed the domestic hot water coil when it was clogged during the summer. Now I love it! There's no way our emergency generator would power an electric hot water heater.

Me? I'm almost awake. I have my first cup of coffee in hand, and am up and complaining about it.

Still Stretching, 91 Days after Germination

full

Front View of the Tents

full

Granddaddy Purple #1 Day 14 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Granddaddy Purple #2 Day 7 of 12/12

full

Granddaddy Purple #3 Day 14 of 12/12

full

Reversed Branch: GDP1 Day 14 of 12/12 - No Sign of Pollen Sacks

They are drinking like an old time sailor! GDP1 and GDP3 are taking up 3 liters per day, while GDP2 is taking up 5 liters a day. Mega Crop is being fed at 6.5gm/gal. I'm adding 2ml of General Hydroponics' CALiMAGic per 18 liters. There are no signs of pistils or pollen sacks yet, That should happen this week.

The power failure on Thursday does not seem to have harmed them. The fans were off during the night, and the lights were out for about ten minutes on Friday while I turned off the generator, and switched back to the power grid. I left the tents open while I did this so they'd still get some light. I'd compare it to a heavy cloud passing over the sun. :)

Sorry, still trying to get caught up on your journals. Was that the 2x4, OS? And what was the light situation like for it?

Yes, I harvested 440gm from a 2' X 4' (60cm x 120cm) tent under 315W of 3000°K Citizen CLU048 COBs. That works out to be 592gm / m2, or 1.4gm / watt. There are eight 3000°K Citizen CLU048 COBs in the array on 30cm (one foot) centers.

Candida - Breeder: 400gm/m2 Harvest: 93gm/3sq ft or 334gm/m2
Cream & Cheese Breeder: 600 gm/m2 Harvest: 347gm/5sq ft or 747gm/m2
The harvest was 83.5% of the breeder's estimate for the Candida, and 124.5% of the Cream & Cheese's breeder estimate. Overall, the harvest was 9.125% over the breeder estimates.

I never thought of this comparison before. I did better than I thought!

Aloha Old Salt!

Subbed in. Mahalo for all the shared knowledge! I’m all about catching rain water. It’s a way of life out in my neck of the woods. I’ve got a 10,000 gallon water catchment tank for this purpose.

Keeping the gutters clean and clear is pinnacle as the roof of my house keeps the tank full along with conserving. We have had droughts here in hawaii in the past so prep and planning goes a long way!

I love jarring. I’m smoking some wild boar now and will jar it for long term storage. This thread gots it all. I dig it! Sending positive thoughts and vibes!

:passitleft:

84 Days after Germination, All Plants in Flower

full

Front View of the Tents

full

Granddaddy Purple #1 (DIY 8 COB Array)

full

Granddaddy Purple #2 (Mars Hydro Tent & TSW-2000)

full

Granddaddy Purple #3 (DIY 8 COB Array)
It's been a busy week. All of the plants have had a light defoliation, and had the sucker shoots removed. They are all sharing the same batch of Mega Crop, at 6.5gm / gallon.

GDP #1 has had a daily dose of STS on the branch being reversed. This will be droped to every second day for the next week. It drinks about 2l per day.

GDP #2 was put on a Lazy Susan and flipped this morning. This plant is HEAVY. I won't be pulling it from the tent for photographs any more. The Lazy Susan will let me get at the entire plant for maintenance. She's a heavy drinker at 4l per day. I've got to increase this as I'm getting very little, if any run off at this rate.

GDP #3 continues growing, happily drinking its 2l per day.

I saved the cuttings from GDP #3 for a neighbor. They are sitting in from of GDP #2. I didn't save those from GDP #1, as some were sprayed with the STS. The twenty or so cuttings should be more than plenty for my neighbor.

I need to build an enclosure for my carbon filter, as the dank will soon make itself known. I've temporarily connected the in-line fan to the plenum, keeping the humidity under control. It's currently varying between 58% and 73%. The room with the tents is at 54% - 58%. These levels will drop as soon as the outdoor temperature does. Soon I'll have to fight to keep it above 50% in the tents.

I bought a piece of sheet metal to form the sides of the filter housing. It will be interesting to try roll this into a cylinder. I'm going to try use 5 gallon pails as a form.
I’m having humidity issues as well, so I just purchased a humidifier that can humidity up to 500 sq ft, but the kicker is that I can add essential oils to this humidifier so I can use things like lemon balm, eucalyptus, and other fragrances that insects do not like.. I have no idea if it will actually deter them or not but regardless it’ll humidify the room atleast. Lol Those plants are looking absolutely stunning Salt! Much respect. :Rasta:

In preparation for my next grow I'm on the hunt for some low cost LED lights for my seedlings. The requirements I decided on are:
- 4000°K - 5000°K
- length of one to two feet (30-60cm)
- adjustable output up to 10000 Lux (10000 lumens for one foot, 20000 lumens for two foot strips)
- multiple strips to reach the above are desirable.
- low cost

I've looked at the cabinet lights. The highest intensity I found was about 2500 lumens. So far the cost of what I want is lowest from Budget LED. I'm still looking, as I have at least a month before starting my next grow.

Ya the strip requirement kinda throws a wrench in things or I’d have a few good suggestions. I was looking at one earlier that I think would fit the bill but I’m about to be cuffed into trim jail... I’ll find that light later and link it here for you.

Yes, I harvested 440gm from a 2' X 4' (60cm x 120cm) tent under 315W of 3000°K Citizen CLU048 COBs. That works out to be 592gm / m2, or 1.4gm / watt. There are eight 3000°K Citizen CLU048 COBs in the array on 30cm (one foot) centers.

Candida - Breeder: 400gm/m2 Harvest: 93gm/3sq ft or 334gm/m2
Cream & Cheese Breeder: 600 gm/m2 Harvest: 347gm/5sq ft or 747gm/m2
The harvest was 83.5% of the breeder's estimate for the Candida, and 124.5% of the Cream & Cheese's breeder estimate. Overall, the harvest was 9.125% over the breeder estimates.

I never thought of this comparison before. I did better than I thought!
I'd say so! Killer job. Once i start flower I'll have 250w of quantum board and I have another 250 of blurples I can throw in. I'm hoping I come anywhere near your results!

I'd say so! Killer job. Once i start flower I'll have 250w of quantum board and I have another 250 of blurples I can throw in. I'm hoping I come anywhere near your results!

With the King LED 1800W dimmable COB light I used previously my best harvest was less than half of that. The King was always turned up to maximum intensity at 315W from the wall. So with the same power to the lights, my COB array produced more than twice as much.

Some of this can be attributed to the small space the COBs were mounted in on the King. All six are in about a 6" X 8" (15cm X 20cm) area. With four plants in the tent, the two at the walls produced 40% less than the two directly under the light. My COB array has the COBs on 12"/30cm centers. This provides an even deep penetrating light over the entire 2' X 4' (60cm X 120cm) tent. The tent was also taller, allowing the plants to grow bigger. The King could not have handled that.

With the King LED 1800W dimmable COB light I used previously my best harvest was less than half of that. The King was always turned up to maximum intensity at 315W from the wall. So with the same power to the lights, my COB array produced more than twice as much.

Some of this can be attributed to the small space the COBs were mounted in on the King. All six are in about a 6" X 8" (15cm X 20cm) area. With four plants in the tent, the two at the walls produced 40% less than the two directly under the light. My COB array has the COBs on 12"/30cm centers. This provides an even deep penetrating light over the entire 2' X 4' (60cm X 120cm) tent. The tent was also taller, allowing the plants to grow bigger. The King could not have handled that
My qb hopefully is comparable to your COB.
Dimensions wise it's about 25"x8" and with a viparspectra/marshydro 300 on either side to supplement I should have great coverage for a 2x4.
My one viparspectra 300 and 2 NL autos sharing a 5 gallon previously got me 100 grams

dis victoria and ye shall pay,, oy my,, ye shall. the winter wizards shall descend on y'all and , well, make ye pay for those 'nasty' words.

:sorry:

Back
Top Bottom