Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

those leaves are religious.
You’ll give OS a messiah complex :rofl:

Your GDP photos will load sideways as well as vertically. I wonder if you know how you did this? (Whether you did this?!)
You’ve done it before. I’ve only seen one other poster have this happen.
It’s kinda cool - like Easter eggs :)

Cheers folks I hope you’re having good days!

Your GDP photos will load sideways as well as vertically. I wonder if you know how you did this? (Whether you did this?!)
You’ve done it before. I’ve only seen one other poster have this happen.
It’s kinda cool - like Easter eggs :)

The images have been re-sized before uploading using Corel Photo Paint, as the images from my camera are 4608 x 3456 pixels. I bring them down to 1280 X 960. The rest is done by the forum software. It's possible that placing them in a table allows this.

I'm not a fan of many full sized images in a post. I broke the thumbwheel on my mouse scrolling through those posts. I put the images in a table to reduce the display size. Anyone wanting the full sized image can just click on the smaller image.

I haven't had bugs since I started growing about three years ago. Someone decided I needed to learn, and I discovered I have the start of a fungus gnat infestation today. It's a great day for it, as no one here in the Halifax area has remedies in stock. I ordered nematodes and yellow sticky traps through Amazon, but they won't be here for a week. To keep the gnats down to a dull roar I deployed some cut up fly paper strips around the plants.

Happy new year OS. It’s already January here so I get to say i’m ahead of the times for a minute.
I hope 2020 is gonna be a good one for you and yours. (But not for the b*stid gnats!)

I haven't had bugs since I started growing about three years ago. Someone decided I needed to learn, and I discovered I have the start of a fungus gnat infestation today. It's a great day for it, as no one here in the Halifax area has remedies in stock. I ordered nematodes and yellow sticky traps through Amazon, but they won't be here for a week. To keep the gnats down to a dull roar I deployed some cut up fly paper strips around the plants.

the ones i had in my seedlings were taken care of pretty quick with peroxide and sand. then potted deep into perlite. they didn't stand a chance lol. hopefully you get them under control quick. sure you will.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Salt :thumb:
I hope 2020 is a great one for you!

Enough of those maudlin thoughts! Let's start the New Year right with some images...

I had to pull GDP #2 from the tent for maintenance and training. I installed a few spreader bars to open her up just a little. She's pretty darn tight in the tent.

full

Front View of Granddaddy Purple #2

full

Top View of Granddaddy Purple #2

Looking great OS. Hope you get recovered soon enough

There's no recovering the tendon. It's gone permanently. I may need to get the bones fused, but won't know for a few months yet. I can still get around, but need to learn to compensate. It's a good thing they won't know for a few months, with all the shoveling and snow blowing still to come. :)

Flowering, 127 Days after Germination

full

Front View of the Tents

full

Granddaddy Purple #1 Day 42 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Granddaddy Purple #2 Day 36 of 12/12

full

Granddaddy Purple #3 Day 42 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

It's been a busy week, finalizing my Mars Hydro Contest entries and dealing with medical appointments. While I had GDP #2 out of the tent, I bypassed the ratchet hangers and removed the lazy susan to give the plant another 3" or 7.5cm. It's all I can do.

From the time I started I've had me seedlings stretch far too much under the two T8 florescent bulbs. I've retired it after starting some more seedlings. I replaced it with a 19W LED from Feit Electric sold through Home depot. It claims to have an enriched blue spectrum for vegetative growth. We'll see how that does.

full

Feit Electric Blue Spectrum Enhanced 19W LED

Hope the medical appointments went well!

The two doctors I saw can't agree, and have given the nurses conflicting instructions. The home care nurses? Well, the last time I heard such language was while I was in the Navy. The three of them each had their own opinion regarding treatment. I wait until they are gone and remove the crap they put on, and apply Polysporin. The nurses are happy with my progress. :rofl:

The nursing contractor, well they mixed up orders and sent 100 needles an lancets for insulin and diabetic testing that have to be destroyed as I don't need them.

19W LED from Feit Electric sold through Home depot
I was eyeing these the other day OS I'll be interested to hear what your results are. I'm gonna use that $30 from MArs Hydro but I think I'd benefit from something small for seeds before then as I finally cracked open my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom